Author Topic: Good News Everyone!  (Read 49657 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Everyone!
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »
Your right. Hemp and Marijuana are quite different. They come from the same plant but marijuana has very high THC and low CBD levels, while hemp is the exact opposite.

Still, combined they are even more useful; marijuana, for its proven uses in medicine, and hemp, for its proven uses in agriculture.

The fact is they outlaw both. I'd consider it a triumph if they were to at least repeal hemp law. It's undeniably effective. It grows fast, strong, and dense; not to mention cutting down trees is part of our carbon emission problem (on both ends). But law makers will never repeal one and not the other for trivial reasons. There are countries around the world that allow hemp to grow, but not marijuana; and they are better for it.

But that is where the dilemma is.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
This thread has gotten really off topic, maybe it should get back to Futurama.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »
Agreed TJ Spyke. This crosses two lines guys.

I appreciate your adult discussion of it thus far, but it can easily take a turn for the worse. So let's leave it where it is and get back to the Futurama discussion.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
You're missing out on a lot if you keep with your pompous attitude. These shows are meant to be funny, first and foremost. Just take them for what they are and not what you would like them to be, and you will enjoy them.
I don't like what they are. Just because something is intended to be funny doesn't mean that it is. I've learned this through experience.
Fair enough. But I'm curious. What do you find funny?
Futurama.

Sarcasm. Irony. Satire. That sort of thing, so long as they aren't overdone or offensive for no reason other than shock value.

Sight gags. Clever puns (emphasis on "clever").

If I had to pick a stand-up comedian, I would say Jim Gaffigan. He never swears and is pretty clean, which is an increasingly rare thing these days. Plus he has a lot of jokes about food. You might like him Kashogi Y. Stogi, if I remember rightly you said you live for food or something like that.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
You're missing out on a lot if you keep with your pompous attitude. These shows are meant to be funny, first and foremost. Just take them for what they are and not what you would like them to be, and you will enjoy them.
I don't like what they are. Just because something is intended to be funny doesn't mean that it is. I've learned this through experience.
Fair enough. But I'm curious. What do you find funny?
Futurama.

Sarcasm. Irony. Satire. That sort of thing, so long as they aren't overdone or offensive for no reason other than shock value.

Sight gags. Clever puns (emphasis on "clever").

If I had to pick a stand-up comedian, I would say Jim Gaffigan. He never swears and is pretty clean, which is an increasingly rare thing these days. Plus he has a lot of jokes about food. You might like him Kashogi Y. Stogi, if I remember rightly you said you live for food or something like that.

That's only true of Gaffigan in recent years, his last two albums. His first three albums, especially the third, aren't as clean and contain considerable amounts of swearing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2009, 10:20:08 PM »
Well I'm glad he cleaned up his act because now he's funny. I've seen him on Late Night with Conan O'Brien before with his Pale Force cartoon, there he isn't so funny.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
I like him better in his current form, he's my favorite stand-up as well, but he was really good before too. Most of the difference is the language, though he was a bit crasser. And the best episode of Pale Force is the Law & Order parody, which apart from a couple stupid jokes was absolutely perfect. I think that was one of the ones you could only watch online.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »
See, I'm the exact opposite. My favorite comedian after Dave Chappelle is Russel Peters. Dave is the king of timing; his stories and jokes are well executed. Russel has stereotypes down to a science. But while they both are offensive, they don't pick sides.

Furthermore, while you may find them insulting, I think they actually help the world. If you can't laugh at our differences, how will we ever get past them?

P.S. I've seen Jim Gaffigan and I found him funny although I never once laughed out loud.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:17:11 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »
Well I'm glad he cleaned up his act because now he's funny. I've seen him on Late Night with Conan O'Brien before with his Pale Force cartoon, there he isn't so funny.

Hot Pockeeeeeeeet

See, I'm the exact opposite. My favorite comedian after Dave Chappelle is Russel Peters. Dave is the king of timing; his stories and jokes are well executed. Russel has stereotypes down to a science. But while they both are offensive, they don't pick sides.

Furthermore, while you may find them insulting, I think they actually help the world. If you can't laugh at our differences, how will we ever get past them?

P.S. I've seen Jim Gaffigan and I found him funny although I never once laughed out loud.

Plus Dave does the MOST BALLA' **** EVAAAAAAA!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
I never said I found them insulting and I actually agree with you on that last part. I just said that generally isn't the type of humour I appreciate.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »

Hot Pockeeeeeeeet

That was the first thing I thought of.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2009, 01:25:04 AM »
Hot Pockeeeeeeeet

That's the first thing we all thought of. I think of that every time I grab a Hot Pocket.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
Hot Pockeeeeeeeet

That's the first thing we all thought of. I think of that every time I grab a Hot Pocket.

I've never had a hot pocket. I remember seeing Gaffigan on a few comedy central specials before that one and liking his humour, then when the last two came out i thought they were just okay.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2009, 07:44:17 AM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
As much as I love Futurama, and that's a whole lot considering it's my second-favorite TV show all-time, I'd rather they not bring it back than do this. I can't believe Groenig and Cohen would go along with it. I'd always thought Futurama was one of the very few shows that had never had a bad episode, I suppose that streak's coming to end.

J.P. Corbran

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
I don't know, I'm so god damn sick of that episode where they go to the planet of balls and fight a war. The use Henry Kissenger's head as the negotiator.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
Are you sick of it because you think it's bad or because you've seen it too many times? Personally, that's one of my favorite episodes of the series.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2009, 10:05:33 AM »
bad news, everyone!

ahhh, crap!

/bender

/sad zoidberg face

/single tear from single eye

/mopey professor

/sighing Kif

/broken-hearted Fry

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »
Really? New voice actors?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:11:27 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
I heard FOX was doing it as a scare tactic, but that article makes it sound official.
Maybe the originals will come back, maybe FOX doesn't have to ruin almost everything they touch.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »
I would hope FOX would realize they should just give in and pay for such RAW... ACTING... TALENT!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »
The fact that some of the original cast is going to be at Comic-Con promoting the show gives me hope that this isn't true. I don't want to have to watch these new episodes on mute with closed captioning to preserve my memories.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »
I still can't get passed how different some of the cast sounded when comparing the first episode to the rest. Fry, Bender, The Prof. all sounded so much worse than what their characters became later on.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »
I still can't get passed how different some of the cast sounded when comparing the first episode to the rest. Fry, Bender, The Prof. all sounded so much worse than what their characters became later on.

I think that's true of any animated show. Go back and watch an early Simpsons episode, those voices changed dramatically over time.

J.P. Corbran

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »

I think that's true of any animated show. Go back and watch an early Simpsons episode, those voices changed dramatically over time.

Oh of course, but the simpsons have been out much longer than futurama has so chances of seeing one of those older episodes is slimmer compared to catching a re-run of something from futurama's first seasons. That's what makes it more evident, since i end up seeing those episodes more often.

Besides we're talking about futurama here not the simpsons :P