Poll

Sonic The Hedgehog Mafia is:

The Greatest Mafia ever.
2 (15.4%)
A Great Mafia Game. Top 5 in my book.
3 (23.1%)
An average game. Pleasant but lacking something truely magical.
2 (15.4%)
Bad. If I didn't win, I don't like it.
1 (7.7%)
Making me wonder when Stevey is going to host another game.
1 (7.7%)
You still suck Khushrenada.
2 (15.4%)
Wait. This was all a dream?
1 (7.7%)
Full of too many stupid polls and the polls have too many stupid choices.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Mafia XXVIII: Sonic the Hedgehog. Day 10. Space Colony ARK.  (Read 17181 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia XXVIII: Sonic the Hedgehog. Day 10. Space Colony ARK.
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
Vudu why didn't you believe me  on day three?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »
Nickmitch, well played. Everyone else who voted for me, you suck :P

This was a very good experience for me. I really felt that I couldn't do much after thatguy and Vudu died and I made my case vs Nickmitch in a horrible way. I posted so many times, that after I saw it, even I wouldve voted for myself.

I'll definately be back next game.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »
Same here. I will be back.

I like this game alot. It is more complex than I thought it would be but at the same time it is easy to understand.What I mean by that is the complex part is the seeing who to believe and watching what you say and reading between the lines.On the other side of things the rules are easy to understand and interigating is fun.All in all I enjoyed it. I hear that thatguy is going to host the game but stevey does too.I don't know maybe they can combine their games together.That would be interesting.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2008, 03:59:55 PM »

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly didn't believe anyone could be as clueless about the game as you were.  You ...

• suggested I confirm my role list with Khush, because he "probably" knew everyone's role
  • couldn't understand why I wouldn't share my list with you because you claimed to be a townie
  • declared that no one should vote for anyone unless they were absolutely 100% sure they were mafia

I thought for sure someone had told you to act confused and play off the fact that you were new to the game in order to avoid suspicion.  (That's what I told Silks to do, and it worked pretty well until he forgot to vote 3 days in a row.)  It turned out you just didn't have the slightest idea how to play the game.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
Those things you mentioned were I believe were before you died.The first two you mentioned I admit was naive on my part.Your 3rd one  it turned out I was right about Dman and Toruresu.My decision making was good, I think, except on the final day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2008, 07:07:27 PM »
Nickmitch, well played. Everyone else who voted for me, you suck :P

This was a very good experience for me. I really felt that I couldn't do much after thatguy and Vudu died and I made my case vs Nickmitch in a horrible way. I posted so many times, that after I saw it, even I wouldve voted for myself.

I'll definately be back next game.

The worse part was that I was using evidence from Mafia III to get people to vote for you.  Up until now, that was my favorite Mafia game, but I think this just took the cake.

I should've broken the tie on the last day myself, but Maxi did it before I realized that we'd win if Decoyman died. 

Thanks for the props, everyone.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
Before  I changed the vote I realized that it was a no win scenerio. After the vote and it was announced that mafia won I stayed up till 4:00 am to think over what I could of done differently.All at once I realized that decoyman infultrated our 2nd townie alliance.I regret that I could not figure it out sooner.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I honestly didn't believe anyone could be as clueless about the game as you were.  You ...

• suggested I confirm my role list with Khush, because he "probably" knew everyone's role
  • couldn't understand why I wouldn't share my list with you because you claimed to be a townie
  • declared that no one should vote for anyone unless they were absolutely 100% sure they were mafia

I thought for sure someone had told you to act confused and play off the fact that you were new to the game in order to avoid suspicion.  (That's what I told Silks to do, and it worked pretty well until he forgot to vote 3 days in a row.)  It turned out you just didn't have the slightest idea how to play the game.  ;D

lol i thought the same about maxi after the few times we'd PMed each other. At least you played though, my first mafia (or two) i don't think i PMed anyone and somehow survived till as close to the end as possible. I went in thi game thinking i'd play real good cuz i had a few mafia's under my belt but...

i ended up not getting into it. it was a combination of not knowing/caring to read the rules and all the roles.. it was just confusing, thats why i opted out. Wonder how many of you thought i was mafia cuz of that..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »
Whoa, a lot of comments going on. Alright some things to discuss.

Let's start with doctors.

The doctor role is one I've always treated with caution after Mafia V when TYP and Crash used it to protect each other and become nearly unkillable. Normally, if I hand out the doctor role, I will make it only apply to night actions or the day vote (doctor's choice) and they can't protect themselves.

But I know there are times when I could have used the doctor protection and I'd hate to be the doctor and not save myself. So, I changed it this game to allow self-protection. I also decided to create full day immmunity. But since that was powerful, I limited the amount of times that could be used to keep someone from self-protecting forever and to add some strategy to when protections would be used.

Now, a lot of people complained about my announcing the protections each day. A bogus rule, it was stated. Yes, that made things difficult for the townies and the mafia but there were reasons for that. With the townies already having an ability to survive a death once, block all night actions or even come back to life, I didn't want to make things even harder for the mafia. Why is that? If the mafia is trying to get a player voted out or whacked at night and then they find out the next day the player was protected, it puts them further back into a hole. The townies had enough powers and numbers to do that already. Let's not make things unwinnable.

Second, there was strategy involved with the protection reveal. If the townie doctor protected a normal townie, that could throw off the mafia. They could waste an investigation or hit on someone and gain nothing. With the mafia, they could use the protection to frame an innocent townie and get them voted out later. Nickmitch played in a way I didn't expect. Save it until the end for himself. Even then, he was taking a chance because if Decoyman had been voted out, the game would have gone on long enough for him to run out of protections and lose. Just because a person's name is announced as protected, it doesn't neccessarily reveal anything about the person.

It's all about checks and balances. You have to look at both sides.

As for the fact that the townies could have won by voting "non-vote". Sorry no. I didn't know it would be neccessary to clarify that but this question came up a game or two ago. Someone asked me if they could prevent a vote by voting "No Vote." I told them no. I don't consider that an option. It's the same as not voting to me. The only game that was an option was Mafia 14: Meowfia. And it had a specific purpose and reason to be an option that game. It's never shown up in any other game.

So, to put this idea to rest, even if 3 people had voted "No Vote" and Nickmitch voted for a townie, Nickmitch's vote would have gone through even though "No Vote" was the majority vote. The reason: I consider "No Vote" the same as not voting. It just means you are abstaining and therefore it doesn't mean a thing. Plus, if I saw this was happening today or any other day, I would have clarified this as soon as I saw it occur so that everybody would know what the voting rules are and know that such a vote wouldn't work.

Another suggestion was just to vote Nickmitch. He survives the vote and then you kill him tomorrow. I can see why such a strategy would be appealing and I apologize for not being clearer on the status of a protected person. I considered the protected person unvotable. Meaning they can not be voted for nor would a vote for them count. I'm sorry I never stated that outright. That was my intention by protecting them from the vote and announcing they were protected from the vote. I never saw the need to clarify since the other times a person was protected, they were never voted for.

That's why I ended the game.

To stevey: If that's true about your next mafia game, I'll be the first to sign up. The truth is, you know the game well and you know what didn't work last time. It's not like your game was totally broken. It just needed more structure which you seem to have in place now.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »
At the time of vudu's first point was when I was accused of thatguy of being mafia.After I PMed spak and Vudu about it and no one believed me I went back to thatguy and agreed to find the Mafia godfather. So I was asking everybody if they knew. After no luck I went back and tried to plead my case.He kept on interrogating me. Finally near the end of the vote.We came to a understanding.and I was going to vote my self out but Rabicle sent me a PM stating that he found out the mafia godfather.Of course this turned out to be false but I was so teary eyed I wanted a way out of the situation I was in.So I changed my vote to spak,then to myself, then to thatguy.That day thatguy was voted out.The next day I would imagine that everybody was mad at me so I tried to help out any townies that were in risk of being voted out.I was a bit upset of myself.So that is why I tried to save Dman and Toruresu.In Dman's case it was to late and Toruresu we came to a understanding before he died.You see he thought I was mafia still and with thatguy and Vudu gone he was hesitant to trust.

Well that is a bit of my adventure that I went through.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »
For the record I think all the rules are stuff in this game were fine and everything worked well.

Something I was a bit worried about in this game was seeming suspicious because I had changed my visibility status to private. I actually did that a few days before signing up to  mafia for other reasons.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 01:21:25 AM »
Quote from: thatguy
Anyways, RAB, at that point, I hadn't even said anything to you.  You decided to send lists of just about everything on your own.  It wasn't until after that that you and I had any contact and you decided I was annoying.  It's worth pointing that out, since I had done minimal posting until after you began screwing up who I was focused on.
Yes you had. You started off the game posing as the the detective and you were railing against Pale so hard "WHY IS HE BEING PROTECTED?" I did what I thought was right, revealed the doctor to you knowing that you were going to die anyway. Seriously if you didn't die as the vote I was going to kill you to bring GP back.

I had decided you were annoying like day one or two when I called you the killer. You claiming chaos control on day one was a bad move shat me as did you then white knighting after GP. Fucking get over it, you lost, you played badly.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 01:26:02 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 09:11:52 AM »
The biggest mistake made this game was from me...when I second guessed myself.  If we had voted Nickmitch out when we had the chance it would have been an easy victory. 

And I still don't like immunity from the vote.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »
Also my plan after hitting RAB was to offer him a chance to join our mafia, I of course didn't mention this to my mafia because I didn't know who I would offer up as a switch. But I didn't get a chance after he brought GP back to life.
Honestly Dasmos, I wanted the Godfather role. I would've killed you.

You think I'm an idiot? I wasn't gonna reveal myself as mafia Godfather, but that's honestly as far as I had gotten. My plan wasn't too far in development because you had to use your power to appease Skap, decoyman and thatguy. It could have been awesome though.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 01:40:26 PM »
So awesome.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »
Ridiculously awesome.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »
Well, after much thought and discussion, I believe the best strategic plays were the following:

1. Vudu forms the townie alliance.
2. Nickmitch survives two votes and self-protects to win.

Really, that's about it. I could probably mention or two other things but they would be minor and all tie into these two big events.

Yes, the townie alliance failed but it wasn't all Vudu's fault. There were many other factors. Let's look at what the townie alliance did in this game. After Vudu survived the vote, he immediately rallied the townies together. Doing so allowed him to find the killer and get him voted out that day. Now, thatguy may argue the effectiveness of doing so but let's see what it did. The death of the killer meant the townies only had to fear one death per night. This allowed them to keep the numbers advantage for a long time and eliminated what could have been a powerful threat later.

The townie alliance also allowed the doctor to learn who the crucial townies were to protect. Now, in hindsight, it may have been better to have the doctor wait on his protections instead of immediately revealing Pale was important. Plus, with the townie spokesman, the townie alliance could have revealed investigation or plans/suspicions through an anonymous source. That didn't happen. Considering Silks would die from non-voting, it's hard to say whether the townies were right to use doctor protections right away or not. Needless to say, by using those powers right away and exposing powerful townies, it put the allaince in a race against time versus the mafia.

While the townie alliance got the killer, the next two days were townie vote outs. That's to be expected with a large number of people all claiming to be townie. Things did turn around for a moment when the Godfather was found. That gave the townies another edge as it prevented the mafia from making a hit, thus allowing the detective to live longer and find another mafia member, Mario. Thus, by the time most of the powerful roles were dead, half the mafia was gone also. In fact, after the Mario vote out, Nickmitch almost was killed the next day which most likely would have ended the mafia's chance of victory.

So, while the alliance fell just short of it's goal, the impact on the game was significant and actually created a lot of positives for the townies. Still, it's hard to ignore the negatives that occured because of it as well. The biggest being lack of direction for the rest of the townies when they died which shouldn't have been the case.

As for Nickmitch, it's hard to criticise his work. It seemed like he was going to go down twice and with it, the chance of a mafia victory. Not only would the mafia lose a powerful role, nickmitch was also the godfather and his death would prevent another hit, further harming the mafia. But he managed to evade death twice and then played his hail mary by self-protecting. It didn't guarentee his win at first but through a bit of chance, it ended up giving the mafia the win. While his hit choice may have been questionable, you have to give credit to a player able to outwit other players twice when they correctly believed they were right in voting him out. He could have used a different strategy with his protections as well but since his method worked, why quibble over various what-ifs?

Most people seem to think that Nickmitch made the best strategic play in this game and I'll probably lock up my last qualification based on that Day 8 event but I will wait a few more hours to see if anyone has anything else to add that might make a better choice or differing view.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008, 01:47:23 AM »
Well I think teh prize should be for best roleplaying and one person comes to mind: Mario. SOme may think that it was too easy for an Australian to role play as a sterotypical Australian but the fact is all hsi posts were brilliant. And let me tell you, those things he was saying "ay cobbers this is as clear as beer on a bunyip" or whatever were all totally made up by him, like those aren't things said in Australia, he was just rolling them off the keyboard.