Author Topic: Nintendo Doesn't Announce Holiday 2010, Q1 2011 Lineup  (Read 2812 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Nintendo Doesn't Announce Holiday 2010, Q1 2011 Lineup
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:34:50 AM »
After releasing a long line of products sure to keep customers busy well into the next decade, Nintendo has not shown any game lists with late 2010 or even early 2011 release dates, citing "lack of crystal ball."

Weeks after twin press conferences announcing sequels to long-dead franchises PunchOut!! and Sin and Punishment as well as a new update to the DS model,  Nintendo avoided speculating about events more than 24 months in the future. President Satoru Iwata announced "We just don't know how long some games will take, and others aren't even on the drawing board yet; by the way, do you have Ms. Cleo's number?"

"2011? [laughter] I think I may be retired by then [laughter]. Right now we have Pikmin 3 and a real Zelda Wii game in development, so those may be out in 2010 or 11. [laughter] Also, I have recently come up with a walking simulator [laughter] for the DS which may take a few years," game designer Shigeru Miyamoto mused.

President Reggie Fills-a-me With-a Terror declared the next two years have been kicked until further notice: "I mean come on, the only things the numbers 2010 and 2011 refer to at this point are the numbers of hairs growing on my knuckles."

Naturally, this non-announcement was met with scorn by Nintendo's fanbase; one forum poster wrote:

Well, if there aren't any games planned for two Christmases from now it probably means they're pulling a Sega. The HD revolution has finally caught up with them. Serves them right for putting in a .3 megapixel camera in the next DS, or making a dog sim, or making those crappy people-in-cubes commercials, or adding annoying voice samples to Mario Advance, or censoring Mortal Kombat, or cutting out a level from Donkey Kong.

Another self-described hardcore forumer was equally irate:

This is just a cowardly way of avoiding game delays isn't it??!!11 They truly have abandoned the core. how can we continue to justify owning a Wii to our friends if we don't see a vague list of sequels on the distant horizon?

Indeed, while Nintendo has generally been able to receive accurate broadcasts from the future spectrum of the space-time continuum, this surely narrows the scope of the company's bullet points going into next year's E3.

A Playstation 3 owner refused to offer a comment for this article and instead walked away, shouting expletives and something about getting "a second job and mortgage" while pushing a shopping cart down the street.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:51:48 AM by > »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Doesn't Announce Holiday 2010, Q1 2011 Lineup
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
Best one yet.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
Epic lolz.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
*claps* i really should refrain from reading these at work. I LOL and look like a psycho
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 05:13:34 PM »
Yes this is pretty funny.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 05:36:45 PM »
I'll throw in my congratulations as well. I'll be honest. I didn't find the last couple editorials so insightful or entertaining but this one puts you back on track and was great. Job well done.

If your looking for more material, maybe you could mention something about one of Nintendo's newest employee, Cammie, and the fan reaction.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:19:50 AM »
Ever read something from The Onion or one of rabicle's E3 monologues? It's a little like that but I just take a headline, change one word and edit the rest to fit the premise. I don't know how to offer insight unless you give me more specifics
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:32:28 AM »
You could come up with one about Nintendo's newest employee, Cammy, and the fan reaction.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
Cammie and Ravi are in the next one