Author Topic: Starfox or Gamecube?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Linguini

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« on: April 29, 2003, 08:53:34 PM »
Hello,
I am wondering which one the system or the damaged disk or me, is wrong...

I rescued 3 babies for the Queen of Skyrunners using the flute. When I go where the queen was captured by Scales earlier, I fall through the bridge I was crossing, and end up in the cloud.  

What happens then, is I can walk around a little bit, only being able to swing the staff and use the zoom goggles. No, the Start/Pause button is unabled.  After walking around for a little bit, the fox completely stops it's motion except his tail.

Please let me know if this is or isn't supposed to happen. This seems too weird to me. I had to reset a few times to get out from it to see if it was a hardware problem. I see a tiny scratch on the game disk which maybe causing the machine unable to read the data for the map or whatever, but would it disable the start'stop button. I don't know.

Am I supposed to be there or does it have to be the dungeon?

I seek for any advise from fellows who already passed this stage of the game.  
Thanks.

I just bought  Super Smash Bros. Melee. pretty awesome!
Luigi Linguini
long time, all time, nintendo player.

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 09:00:38 PM »
I played through the game (hoping it would prove itself worth the $50 but alas..) and didn't have anything like that happen. If you haven't had problems with other games then it's probably safe to say the game is messed up.

Offline Linguini

• View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 09:27:51 PM »
Hey, thanks man, I mean Sir. Kero.

Maybe I'll try to trade it in... but I got this with the console 2 months ago... we'll see...we'll see...
Luigi Linguini

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 11:58:31 PM »
I had that same problem.  I simply gave up at that point, and stopped playing.  I was told later on that if you kept trying that part enough, you could eventually get through.  (but you had to redo the whole part by dying and then starting over).

Personally, I couldn't be bothered.  The game was boring me silly by that point.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 06:27:32 AM »
Yeah, it's a known bug.  Way to go Rare!  Anyway, there's info on what to do at gamefaqs.com

Offline Linguini

• View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 08:36:36 PM »
Thanks guys,
Bug huh, I am new to Gamecube, but I guess that could happen.
I feel like I wasted time up to this point, and I feel like I should finish the game to make it not wasted.
I was getting ready to Start playing Zelda or Pikmin which I told myself not until I finish Star Fox. Just because I'd get the games confused. Not the graphics, but what to do in the game etc...

In the mean time, I was beating my roommates in Super Smash Bros.  I love Kirby and Link the best.
Luigi Linguini

Offline Linguini

• View Profile
Starfox or Gamecube?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 09:14:37 PM »
Actually, hey Eggy Toast, do you remember how to deal with the bug that you read on gamefaq.com ?

Maybe it was too long ago and not posted any more, I could not find a message board topic regarding that.

anyone?
or should I do what the Gray Ninja did?

thanks.

p.s. I bought Pikmin today.
Luigi Linguini