Author Topic: Forum pages with Family Guy motion ads no longer fully-loading?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
This is something I just started noticing within the last 12 hours: it might be a coincidence but ever since these Family Guy Online ads started popping up on the forums, I've seen pages refusing to fully-load.  They'll load the first post on a given page and the Family Guy flash ad below it, and then the page will just stop loading (at least viewing these pages in Firefox. I haven't tried other browsers).  I'll click to refresh the page, and it will still refresh with only that first post on the page.  Eventually, if I leave the page and come back 30 seconds or so later, the page will finally load properly, but it just repeats with the next page I select.

I've only seen this occur with pages that have the Family Guy Online ad on them, as I just checked the last page of a thread with the Target ad up, and it loaded just fine.  This might just be coincidental, but I've also noticed the site loading increasingly slowly when I view it on my Android phone.  Can someone look into this, or am I the only one seeing it?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:36:18 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Forum pages no longer fully-loading?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
I haven't had that problem, but it might be because I have AdBlock installed in Firefox (so I don't see any ads).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Forum pages no longer fully-loading?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:35:36 AM »
OK, yeah...that Family Guy Online motion ad is definitely the problem.  Any page that has that ad on it stops loading up to the post that has the ad under it.  It can be the first post on the page or the second-to-last.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.