Author Topic: Gaming Recommendations  (Read 1465 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Gaming Recommendations
« on: September 05, 2013, 06:52:15 AM »
We have a lot of threads here to talk about games we're playing, or just bought, or whatever, but I think there should be a place where people who are really passionate about a game or other gaming-related thing that they feel hasn't gotten enough love to make their case for why other people should check it out. Make this a place to argue in favor of your favorite niche product in order to recruit others to it.

My entry is the Power A Pro Elite Wireless PS3 controller (Amazon link).

I've never liked the Sony Dual Shock Controller for a bunch of different reasons, so for a long time my PS3 was used as a last resort, for games I couldn't get anywhere else. But once I found this controller, that all changed. Unlike the Dual Shock, it's contoured to fit your hand instead of Sony's angular design, and it also fixes issues with the shoulder buttons, so that pressing L2 and R2 works without any issues. It connects wirelessly through a USB dongle, which has a passthrough for a cable to charge it. Because of this, my PS3 has gone from last resort to being my primary non-Nintendo console. It's such a massive improvement.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:53:56 AM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
I actually Regular use the Air Flo PS3 Controller.  Its wired but the layout is like that one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 02:59:27 AM »
I'm currently playing through Puppeteer on PS3 (which just released today), and it's proving to be quite the imaginative, magical little action game. I think it's a game that would especially appeal to Nintendo fans, as it's very much a "family" game with a high level of polish.  It's also $40.  Check it out.  I'm really concerned that this game's going to get buried because of its proximity to GTA 5 and Sony's pretty much complete lack of advertising for it.

There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
Well, since I tried to hijack the Theatrhythm sequel thread to promote it, I might as well mention it here. I highly recommend Rhythm Thief for the 3DS. This is Sega taking Professor Layton, Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents and blending it all together into their own unique vision. I'll be the first to admit, it isn't perfect but if you like fun, dance and adventure, I really think you get your money's worth.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.