Author Topic: Mafia 63: Something... of the Daleks: Day one: Now you can start killing people.  (Read 14572 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Right, enough with the boring introductory type stuff, yeesh I've met weeping angels who can keep a better conversation then you

GO FORTH AND BEGIN KILLING EACHOTHER BLINDLY!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Day ends at midnight est. Also, renegade daleks have the kill for today.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Well I have nothing to go on yet so I'll vote Stratos.  He made it pretty far last game so that must mean he is Mafia...  Probably not the most sound logic but you can never trust a robot dog.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:33:58 PM by apdude »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Alright.  I hate first day voting.

It is such a crap shoot.  But, hey, there are two mafias in this game, which means we might have a chance to randomly hit one...even if the mafias voting against us.

Vote:  Redblue

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Because this always creates suspicion for me and a lot of the people in this game haven't been around long or frequently enough to pick up on this, my sleep schedule is about as insane as it gets, which often interferes with my ability to play such a time-sensitive game as this. If I'm absent it doesn't (necessarily) mean I'm trying to duck the game, but more likely that I went to bed at 5 pm and was asleep for all the important things.

EDIT: Case in point, I'm posting this at about 5 in the morning and will likely still be up for a while.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to get my fully functional Tardis to vote.  Post was made at 11:10pm Yesterday and we had until Midnight.  I'll have to travel back to that 50 Minute Window.  No time for Coffee.  We are all know DOOOMED.  As you see:

Basically don't force a tie, or I start trolling the entire game
Note: as mentioned in the signup thread I will be role playing as the Master.
Since 0 to 0 is technically a tie.  We would need to go back into that 50 Minute space to fix that place.

We shall now commence the Running.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Vote insanolord for making excuses.  I haven't even bothered reading the game rules yet, but you don't see me making excuses for not participating.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
There's a reason I didn't sign up and only agreed to play when Pokepal needed someone to fill Oblivion's slot. I routinely get voted out early for this exact reason. Also, I've got you beat in terms of laziness because I haven't read the rules, the opening post in this thread, or any other post Pokepal's made in the last two months.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
 or any other post Pokepal's made in the last two months.
That is clearly a lie.  He must be a ....

Townie.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

Townie.

I actually sent a PM to Pokepal asking what my role was only to have him point out that the thread said him not sending me one meant I was a townie. I was being completely honest there with my total disregard for things Pokepal has to say.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I'd like to roleplay and help make the game more lively but I have only seen 1 episode of Doctor Who and really know nothing at all about this universe and series so I'm afraid my posts will be of the boring and game focused nature.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I've never seen any Doctor Who and am only vaguely aware of it. Pretty sure there's a scarf involved, like some kind of British sci-fi Hyrule Warriors.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I'd like to roleplay and help make the game more lively but I have only seen 1 episode of Doctor Who and really know nothing at all about this universe and series so I'm afraid my posts will be of the boring and game focused nature.

I've never seen any Doctor Who and am only vaguely aware of it. Pretty sure there's a scarf involved, like some kind of British sci-fi Hyrule Warriors.
Google is your Friend.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Been a busy weekend due to overtime and a major work schedule change. Work is busy today as well but I will do my best to participate.

I'm not going to jump on any bandwagons right away but I will jump in to prevent a tie if it comes to that tonight. When does the day end?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile

Townie.

I actually sent a PM to Pokepal asking what my role was only to have him point out that the thread said him not sending me one meant I was a townie. I was being completely honest there with my total disregard for things Pokepal has to say.

You could try to be a little less rude to the GM, especially when he has mod powers right now.

I wonder if he can ban you... :P: :

ALL HAIL INSANOLORD!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:57:20 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Google is your Friend.

I haven't even read the rules for this game. Like I have time to Google the entire history of Doctor Who in order to roleplay for maybe 5 days if I'm lucky in this game. I've still got 3,000 weeds to pluck in Animal Crossing and that is where my focus needs to be. Not only that, if I do get into Doctor Who, I don't want to spoil the whole thing just so that I can do a poor roleplay.

VOTE CERIC for a terrible suggestion and not playing my Animal Crossing: New Leaf game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I haven't even read the rules for this game.
Disregard for the Rules.
Like I have time to Google the entire history of Doctor Who in order to roleplay for maybe 5 days if I'm lucky in this game.
Lack of Preparation and a specific prediction for a good Mafia player.
I've still got 3,000 weeds to pluck in Animal Crossing and that is where my focus needs to be.
Weed Plucking.  Weeds being Townies.  Animal Crossing being the Mafia games since he has not yet adjusted to this Dr.Who theme.
Not only that, if I do get into Doctor Who, I don't want to spoil the whole thing just so that I can do a poor roleplay.
Khush's ego would not allow him to consider his roleplaying poor unless he was playing another role.
VOTE CERIC for a terrible suggestion and not playing my Animal Crossing: New Leaf game.
Vendetta vote to misdirect.I actually was going to join the last game but I came around and realized it had already started

Khush is clearly Mafia.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
*asks to be killed off from the game because he can't participate*

*tries to vote someone off on day one*
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:23:43 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Not only that, if I do get into Doctor Who, I don't want to spoil the whole thing just so that I can do a poor roleplay.
Khush's ego would not allow him to consider his roleplaying poor unless he was playing another role.

Ha ha ha. Actually, that's a good point. I can't even roleplay myself at the moment. *turns to mirror* Get it together, man! People are beginning to think there's something wrong with you!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure UncleBob's proven that you can't ban an admin several times now. I brought Pokepal into the world of mods and I can sure as he'll take him out of it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I can sure as he'll take him out of it.

Way not to swear there, chief! It's nice of you to keep it PG for the kiddies.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
*asks to be killed off from the game because he can't participate* (wasn't ever in the game in the first place, pokepal was just being dumb)

See? You shouldn't have changed your mind. You want to play and now you can't.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

Goddamn iPad. I thought I'd beaten that kind of thing out of it by this point.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
*asks to be killed off from the game because he can't participate* (wasn't ever in the game in the first place, pokepal was just being dumb)

See? You shouldn't have changed your mind. You want to play and now you can't.

Actually, I really don't want to play. I'm about to get on my 9 hour flight and was just fooling around for an hour to distract myself. This us far more fun than actually participating. :P

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Goddamn iPad. I thought I'd beaten that kind of thing out of it by this point.
Spare the Rod...

Ha ha ha. Actually, that's a good point. I can't even roleplay myself at the moment. *turns to mirror* Get it together, man! People are beginning to think there's something wrong with you!
I don't know that sounds fairly regenerated Doctor to me.

All you need to know about the Daleks is they basically view themselves as superior beings to all lifeforms, their entire purpose in life is to exterminate all non-Dalek life, they even go so far as to create a time bubble only they exist in order to destroy the entire universe and live in total isolation. It is easy to role play a Dalek because they are all insane. The people on the show are just fodder for the Daleks and the Doctor is a Time Lord, basically an alien who bends the rules of time and space for his own amusement. The Master is an evil Time Lord whose motivation is hard to explain. All you need to know is the master and the doctor are immortal and travel in time and wage a war against the Daleks called the Time War that ends in mutual extinction of both races.

Pokepal appears to be basing his story off the classic Doctor Who, all of which are available on Hulu Plus, many are available on Netflix. If you prefer the NEW series then the episodes to watch, just to get a feel for what a Dalek is, would be Season 1 Dalek. Watch that episode or the Season two part ending Bad Wolf, those three episodes give you all you need to know about Daleks. Also they are supposed to be genetically engineered geniuses. Davros is their creator. They were the Doctors first enemies on the show and appear to be his arch nemesis. The Master is an enemy of sorts but also a friend to the doctor he is harder to explain. Daleks have ONE purpose and that is to KILL anything that is not a Dalek, or any Dalek that does not look, act and talk like them. The robot suits are just armor the actual Dalek is a tiny little ugly as fyck one eyed alien.
Trying to be a better person, honest.