Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 936644 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Ha! It finally happened.

How long is the ban?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I don't get it. How was the gencon thing a ban?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I doubt he'll be gone for more then like 2 days if it's just UB going through with his little threat.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile

I had a bad joke to make here relating to a current event, but decided it was in pretty bad taste.

Seriously, though, the repeated "GemCon" thing was the final draw.  He had already been given a temp ban once for pushing buttons, has had three different Alt accounts banned, has had multiple warnings (and was currently setting on a 20% warning level from MegaByte (like, someone besides me actually did some moderating around here... you know it's bad when they get involved!!))...

I very clearly stated that I would ban him if he did it again and he did it.  To me, that's just like saying "Please ban my account."

How long is it for?  I put in the ban (in the part only moderators can see) that I would take it off in a few minutes... but man... unbanning someone is work and all.  I'm not sure I care enough to put forth the effort.

I've told others that I want them here and that keeping them around is more work than just outright banning them - thus supporting the theory that I want them around and want to keep them a part of the conversation.

This event is proof of that.  I'm just not sure I want to put in the effort to keep him as part of the conversation.

If someone is willing to step up and take the guy under his/her wing and help him become a better poster, then I'll unban him - but if you're going to take that responsibility, you also have to take the consequences of your actions... meaning any discipline that he receives, you will share in.

Otherwise, I'll let Insanolord, MegaByte or someone else unban him if they wish.  Or, I might go in and unban him, if I ever get around to it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
If someone is willing to step up and take the guy under his/her wing and help him become a better poster, then I'll unban him - but if you're going to take that responsibility, you also have to take the consequences of your actions... meaning any discipline that he receives, you will share in.

I find it sad how close this sounds to someone talking about a little kid.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, I will say this in his favor:

Has any one told you guys that you are the weridest, funniest, unique Wankers on the internet?
No? well I love you guys for that ;)

He seems to be quite happy to be here unlike a lot of other people. I like his oddball postings and his glib remark of Animal Crossing being Animal Daycare has always stuck with me since it is very true. That said, I don't think anyone can "mentor" him as seen by instructing him on how to post images and there's been times people have asked him things but he doesn't seem to read others posts much since he doesn't answer them and just keeps doing his own thing.

At the same time, he's probably unsure of how things work since this is the funhouse and he probably thought the gencon thing was just joking around and not a semi-serious threat. Likewise, I think he does things thinking they might be funny or it could win him some favor with the crowd here and doesn't realize when it is breaking a rule or the wrong application/time/method of doing said humour. Plus, he's young and people need time to mature. 10 years ago, there were plenty of regular posters doing some dumb stuff back then too that have wised up since then. It would probably help if people didn't make cracks about the guy as he may feel he has less he needs to prove or to be accepted then.

He is what he is. A unique anomaly and a poster who stands out though maybe not for the right reasons at times. I'd rather have him and his positivity around then some of the regular negatives around. That is my thought on the matter.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:36:47 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
One clarification, the "GenCon" thing didn't happen in the Funhouse.  I moved it out of the GenCon thread into his thread.  If it had been in the Funhouse, it would have been a whole different story. :D

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Oh, gotcha. Didn't realize that.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Yeah I'm with khush on this one. Lucariofan99 has been an excellent contrast to some of the more negative sour-puss type posters. He just needs to tone down a bit.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
These forums are run by the Ferguson, MO police.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I had a bad joke to make here relating to a current event, but decided it was in pretty bad taste.
These forums are run by the Ferguson, MO police.
Dude, you read my mind.

I was actually just starting to get to know the guy we were having  a pm conversation. I liked his positive attitude but yes he needs to mature some.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Lucariofan99 has been an excellent contrast to some of the more negative sour-puss type posters.

I'd rather have him and his positivity around then some of the regular negatives around.

:'(

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god

Seriously, though, the repeated "GemCon" thing was the final draw.  He had already been given a temp ban once for pushing buttons, has had three different Alt accounts banned, has had multiple warnings (and was currently setting on a 20% warning level from MegaByte (like, someone besides me actually did some moderating around here... you know it's bad when they get involved!!))...

I very clearly stated that I would ban him if he did it again and he did it.  To me, that's just like saying "Please ban my account."

How long is it for?  I put in the ban (in the part only moderators can see) that I would take it off in a few minutes... but man... unbanning someone is work and all.  I'm not sure I care enough to put forth the effort.

I've told others that I want them here and that keeping them around is more work than just outright banning them - thus supporting the theory that I want them around and want to keep them a part of the conversation.

This event is proof of that.  I'm just not sure I want to put in the effort to keep him as part of the conversation.

Otherwise, I'll let Insanolord, MegaByte or someone else unban him if they wish.  Or, I might go in and unban him, if I ever get around to it.

Maybe I should take you under my wing and show you how to be a better moderator

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
But they've fixed the feature that allows you to ban everyone.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
The mafia games he's in prove beyond a doubt that he's more then capable of being a solid addition to our group.

I would be willing to help him out but I'm not exactly a NWR gold standard poster myself (I'd like to tell myself I've improved but...)

but I suppose it was me who managed to teach him how the [img] tags work (which helped, to some extent,)

Oh crap I'm going to regret this but I would be willing to take on some responsibility for trying to get him to improve. But I would be willing to take on some of that task but I would like a partner on this endeavour.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
So either Lucariofan gets better or we get to ban both him and Pokepal. Talk about a win-win scenario.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I still don't see how we can justify a perma on lucariofan when (and I hate bringing this one up again) Tj Spyke (somehow) got away with calling someone a rather vulgar, provocative word in a talkback thread.

I mean we've had people get away with far worse then what he did and somehow he gets the hammer? I mean WTF!?!?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
No one said "do this and you'll be banned" to the others.

Lucario was told if he did it again, he'd be banned.

That is the difference.  If I say "Hey, don't touch the hot stove, you'll get burned.", then you touch the hot stove and get burned, you can't really blame me for it.

But, with that said, if you're willing to be Lucario's Mentor, I will allow it.  I really expected someone in particular to take me up on that offer, but I like that you stepped forward.  If nothing else, this should be an interesting social experiment.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I said I was willing to help with that endeavour but ok.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Lol, I didn't even realise again that I was banned, me a kid?
Unclebob the only one acting like a kid is you!
Made you look ****.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Unclebob the only one acting like a kid is you!

It begins. Dude, you were spamming a thread for no reason. He asked you to stop, and you didn't. He threatened you with a ban, and you continued. That's the very definition of a little kid poking the adult over and over again after he was asked nicely to stop.

Pokepal stuck up for you, so shut your damn mouth, act a little grateful, and start acting like the 16 year old you supposedly are.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:40:17 PM by Oblivion »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Did you know that the forum shows every time someone who is banned attempts to access the site while banned?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:30:03 PM by UncleBob »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile

Did you know that the forum shows every time someone who is banned attempts to access the site while banned?

oh ****

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
This is the first time I've logged on since then! ;D
Made you look ****.