Author Topic: Complaining on MiiVerse works!  (Read 4931 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Complaining on MiiVerse works!
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
Apparently Nintendo has started actively reacting to people's comments with PAL 50Hz and now Earthbound.

We shold fill MiiVerse with thousands of new complaints big and small to see if they will fix everything else they got wrong.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Complaining on MiiVerse works!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 01:16:33 PM »
I mentioned this before Wii U released and I'm glad Nintendo is taking note of what fans are saying. Seemingly anyway. I mean if they really have people patrolling round the clock for quality purposes they probably keep track of popular topics as well to understand the consumer.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »
50hz yeah but not so much for earthbound

Offline Fjurbanski

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »
Well it'll definitely get small things done. The 50Hz issue was small and easy to handle, and I have a (blatantly obvious) feeling that they've been planning to release Earthbound VC well before people started started asking for it on Miiverse: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/20/earthbound-creator-shigesato-itoi-says-something-is-in-the-works/

So yes, we can probably attribute the 50hz issue to miiverse, but not really Earthbound.
Add me on Wii U. : ) --> FJUrban

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Though if you think about listening to Miiverse makes more sense then pretty much anywhere else.  Miiverse is only WiiU owners.  No one else.  Right their you have customers who already spent money with you talking about what they want.  They were willing to pay money for your system to begin with so good chance they pay money for something else of yours.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:15 PM »
So if this works are you suggesting I buy a Wii U solely to so that I can direct all my bitching directly to Nintendo? ;)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »
So if this works are you suggesting I buy a Wii U solely to so that I can direct all my bitching directly to Nintendo? ;)
DO IT.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
I'd say that's the best way to do it.  Nintendo doesn't actually read these forums despite all our wishing.  They definitely read Miiverse though.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:10:24 PM »
I don't think flooding it with complaints will solve anything, we don't want to give Nintendo the impression that we can't be satisfied. Though, Reggie already thinks this, so... We might be screwed either way.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »
All I know is that at launch I posted on the Funky Barn community that the game should be sold on the eShop, and that's eventually what happened. So... "You're welcome."
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
I have been mentioning EarthBound in every club Nintendo survey. I deserve some credit too.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 09:09:17 PM »
I drew an awesome drawing of Lucas on Miiverse with him saying, "Please bring my game to America." in Japanese text.

It was totally me. And you're welcome.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
Now complain about Rayman and the lack of 3rd party support.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
I drew an awesome drawing of Lucas on Miiverse with him saying, "Please bring my game to America." in Japanese text.

I will congratulate you if Mother 3 ever comes to the US, since that is his game.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »

I will congratulate you if Mother 3 ever comes to the US, since that is his game.

Wow. Man. I'm sorry Racht, but I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your Franklin Badge.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
When Ridley makes it into Smash Bros 4 as the ONLY playable character you can hate me for that one.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

Wow. Man. I'm sorry Racht, but I'm going to have to ask you to turn in your Franklin Badge.
No way, man! I know Lucas is from Mother 3, sheesh. It was used as a way of enticing Iwata to push Mother 2 over here. I know what I'm doing! :O

That Franklin Badge is MINE.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »

No way, man! I know Lucas is from Mother 3, sheesh. It was used as a way of enticing Iwata to push Mother 2 over here. I know what I'm doing! :O

That Franklin Badge is MINE.
Too late.  You should have made the drawing of Lucas and Ness stating to bring "our" games to America.  In fact, you should have said to bring the Trilogy.  If you would have done that, it would have been glorious.  Iwata would have brought them all at that point instead of just Mother 2.   You would have been a hero.  You would have been my hero.  Now you have just shattered my dreams and I can only think of what could have been.

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »
So, I should have definitely asked for Mother 5 then?
Muh Backloggery!

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:38 AM »
Starting this weekend I will flood every Miiverse posting with nothing but F-ZERO F-ZERO F-ZERO ad nausem.

It's probably the only thing that'll get us new F-Zero at this point.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
So, I should have definitely asked for Mother 5 then?
Or at least Mother 4.

Offline JTurner82

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 12:25:11 PM »
Now complain about Rayman and the lack of 3rd party support.

Iwata is actually aware of the latter situation, as he mentioned in his latest Q & A.  He's working hard to rectify that.

In addition, we have started working to expand the range of software developers for Wii U, as I announced in the Corporate Management Policy Briefing in January. As I mentioned just before, the development challenges for home console games selling for around $50-$60 have increased significantly. Around the time when I first wrote a program for a home console game 30 years ago, two developers, including me, completed it in only three months. Things have changed dramatically since then, and we therefore need to expand the range of software developers. We made two announcements at GDC held in San Francisco in late March. One is "Nintendo Web Framework," which is the development environment used for "Wii Street U powered by Google" I mentioned earlier and some VOD services available for Wii U. The number of developers who can use versatile web technologies such as HTML5 and JavaScript is probably more than 100 times larger than that of the current software developers for dedicated gaming machines. We would like them to create software for our console. "Wii Street U powered by Google" was actually developed by a very compact team whose core members had never developed games for dedicated gaming machines. As I have already mentioned, the application has been and will be updated constantly by a small development team, which means that the development environment has enabled us to significantly reduce development challenges. Since our announcement at GDC, we have received inquiries about it from hundreds of new development companies and individuals. We believe there will be something novel and fascinating from their development work, thereby expanding the range of the software available for Wii U.[/size]The other thing we announced was that developers can now use Unity, a cross-platform video game engine, for Wii U development, and we have started offering it to the developers. There are over a million Unity developers, including many in developing countries where the business of dedicated gaming machines is not prosperous. We would like to create opportunities for these developers to have their games available for Wii U. We hope that these actions to expand the range of software developers, in addition to the functions of Nintendo eShop and payments through e-money I mentioned before, will give us new business possibilities.
As you stated, it is a fact that some software development companies assume that Wii U is not powerful enough. On the contrary, some developers say in interviews that Wii U has a different architecture from other consoles and that, when utilized in the right way, it can perform well. At the moment, there is a great deal of contradictory information. Nintendo is required to make more efforts to dispel such a misconception. In fact, some software companies are actively supporting Wii U and others are not. It is important to have supportive companies enjoy successful sales of a game and feel that their decision to develop something for Wii U was correct. We understand that this cannot possibly be achieved overnight and it may sound unconvincing under the current slow sales of Wii U. We would like to work to revitalize the Wii U market and show you favorable results for third-party software from this summer.