Author Topic: Console trouble  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Bowen747x

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Console trouble
« on: April 23, 2007, 02:18:28 AM »
lately my console has been shutting off randomly, i can play for about an hour, the power button remains down but the orange light goes out and i lose my game... so i noticed today that the fan isnt on, i never really noticed it before but im certain the fan is the problem cuz the bottom of the console is pretty damn hot and if i let it rest, i can play again

any tips? please dont say to get a new console, i already know that... its really not a big deal for me, i dont play games for hours on end anymore but i have a feeling im going to be looking at a dead gamecube by the end of the summer, what im thinking is to place a fan next to my system, but its so small! maybe i could place an ice pack next to the fan?    

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Console trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 02:55:31 AM »
Putting an ice pack next to it won't work, you're gonna have to replace the fan.

Offline Bowen747x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:34:11 AM »
it does actually seem to help keep things running cool, obviously its not the best way but itl work for now

ive seen a cooling fan for $10 but was wondering if anybody had oppinions/suggestions cuz this is 3rd party and i dont exactly know where this would be placed on my system, ive checked ninentdo.com and they offer repairs but nothing specifically about the fan

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Console trouble
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 05:51:49 AM »
Buy a Wii?

Seriously, I think you can purchase replacement GCN parts online... somewhere.

Outside of that (and I don't know if this would really work, but...) perhaps you could get a small desk fan and put it right up to the system?

A quick eBay serach finds the following: http://cgi.ebay.com/GAMECUBE-REPLACEMENT-FAN_W0QQitemZ200028897683QQcmdZViewItem
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Console trouble
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:54:41 AM »
Additionally, I highly reccomend calling Nintendo (800.255.3700).  They're great about doing repairs and such and, in some case, have been known to do out of warranty repairs free/cheap/shipping costs only...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline gadgeteer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:30:38 AM »
Hi, I had a similar problems, recently I found a great tech support site that help me fix my problems.

Here is the page for GameCube Support

Hope it helps

Gary