Author Topic: Goodbye Everyone or am I?  (Read 37980 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Goodbye Everyone or am I?
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
It is with a sad heart that I have to say goodbye to NWR, at least for the most part. I've found over the last several months my interest in gaming has been getting less and less enthusiastic, yeah there is the odd Nintendo game that I still can love (Like NSMB) but beyond that I'm finding myself not interested in any other game. The industry has gotten stagnant for me with its wannabe live action movies, and generic visual presentation. Beyond that though, I have so much more going on my life, that gaming has taken a back seat, I have other interests that have been developing. These boards have been a great place for me for several years but it is hard to get involved in any topics anymore, some have to do with certain posters who bother me, but mostly game in general are not fun for me to talk about anymore.

Now I may still pop in every once in awhile but when it comes to being an active member, those days are most likely over. I'll still check my PMs, but beyond that I'm done. There are probably quite a few that don't care that I'm leaving or are glad, and that is OK, I've never tried to win a popularity contest here, I state my opinion and if you don't agree with it, that is fine.

Before I conclude this I want to give a few messages to a select few members here who I've considered friends.

Stratos- I know I tease you an awful lot but you are awesome. Don't give up trying to bring sanity in a sometimes insane forum. Thanks for being a friend to me.

Mop_it_up- Keep this place clean girl! You are a valuable member here, and it looks like girl power will be one short now. Maybe I'll see you in Animal Crossing.

Pale- I know you get a lot of crap, but keep up the good job moderating. You've always been patient with me even when you didn't have to. Thanks.

Lindy- You are doing good work here in regards to improving NWR. Windy made a great choice, even if you are a Sony lover  ;)

Podcast crew- You guys have been my favorite podcast for so long, just keep on doing what you do!

Decoyman- You are now free to have a new person to be a number one fan of.

Yoshidious (Greggers)- The best British podcaster ever and an amazingly insightful guy.

Maxi- Haven't seen you post as much, hopefully you can contribute more often. You are the news guy after all

To all my other friends, ShyGuy, Flames, Nick, Drew, and yes even Easycure. Hope you all continue to be around NWR for years to come.

Everyone else, it has been a lot of fun. If your name wasn't listed doesn't mean you are on my dislike list but could be because I am getting senile or have to end this post sometime.

-Goodbye and hugs to the NWR community

Sophia
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:51:07 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Goodbye Everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
Well it is going to be hard seeing less of you Golden. You are one of my favorite posters. You always bring good discussion to the forums.  I have lots of fun with you in Animal Crossing:City Folk.

You have my email so drop me a line if you like.
As for me and my posting I have in the past few months I have been trying to play through my backlog and I like to spend alot of time on them.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
It's too bad to see you leave, but I can't blame you for losing some interest in video games, either.  Hopefully you find something you enjoy to do with your time, but we'll miss having you around!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »
I'm curious as to what new interests you have GP that you mentioned having.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Sell your HD systems and games for extra cash!

Goodbye Sophia, It'll be lonely being the only Washingtonian on the board. :(

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »
wow, someone just closed their dupe account :P

j/k

i would say goodbye, but i can still talk to you on myspace...keep me a friend :o
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:06 PM »

Stratos lives up in Washington.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »
But, but... :'(

Thanks for ignoring me... :P
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 02:22:57 PM »
I mean, you would think there would be lots of Washington gamers on NWR, what with Nintendo and Microsoft being in the state and Seattle being a hi-tech city, but no. Once DAaaMan64 and GP left, I'm the only Washington resident on the board.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:  :-\
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
Good luck with whatever you're off to doing GP, but I'm sure you're not the only one around here that either isn't all that interested in games lately or just doesn't really play all that many games to begin with.
But hopefully you swing by and start a conversation about True Blood when the next season starts.

Our active poster count may have just went down to 34 now :(

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
Sad to see you go, GP.  Hope to see you around again in the future.  And if you want, feel free to tune into the Newscast!  I don't know that we're ever going to have listener mail on the show, but it's always a possibility. 

Anyways, good times playing mafia with you, and good luck in the future.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 03:15:27 PM »
Speaking of Mafia I hope you play in my game GP. You did a wonderful job with your game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
I appreciate the thoughts. Maxi I can try to play your mafia game. In regards to what my interests are? Well really just life in general, finding a new job, trying to get back into writing, reading, pushing myself to socialize more outside of the internet, and just all around finding new things that I can enjoy.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »
I didn't know you too well but I wish you the best outside of NWR!  I gave up games for a decade once and now I'm just as addicted. Strange time to loose interest though. I don't know how people stayed excited 98 - 2005.....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:29:54 PM »
I almost thought this was going to be a joke topic before I clicked on it. I did notice that you haven't been posting much but I thought it was because you had just been busy.

I've never really been through a period of being bored of gaming before so I can't say I know what that's like. But, it's just a hobby, so if it no longer holds your interest then find something else to occupy your time. Maybe you'll miss it and come back to it at some point, maybe you won't. You certainly don't have any obligation to continue to come here if it doesn't suit your interest.

I kind of agree with you about the industry though, I feel like it it losing its artistry with each passing year. Back in the day before gaming was so established, companies were never really sure what would be a hit so they experimented with various ideas and created whatever game they wanted, and hoped it would be accepted by the game-buying public. Nowadays, it seems like the main focus of game development is to create something that can be marketed to the masses, even if that means stripping away what makes it unique and interesting.

I'm touched to see your shout-out to me, even though I feel like we never really talked all that much. You're still one of my inspirations for joining up here and it's a shame to see you go. Nobody could ever hope to replace you, and I'm certainly not going to try. That doesn't mean that I won't still remind people here that they are, in fact, goobers.

I wish you the best with your new endeavors. May happiness follow you, wherever you go.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Bill, Mario, GP... it seems like the NWR forums die a little each passing year from why I enjoy coming here and lurking so much... So sad. :-(

Good luck GoldenPhoenix in wherever life takes you next.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
Will you stay if I ban Ian and D_Average?  ;)

Best of luck with where ever life may take you.

Don't be a stranger!  Pop in every now and then to say hi.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »
Bill, Mario, GP... it seems like the NWR forums die a little each passing year from why I enjoy coming here and lurking so much... So sad. :-(

Good luck GoldenPhoenix in wherever life takes you next.

It's how things like this work I guess. This place does have an amazing list of tenured posters but times must change and people must move on. I guess we just have to hope that the new people can hold the fort down in the stead of the old guard's passing.

I don't check my mySpace very often, GP, but don't hesitate to send me a message or an email or even a Wii message if you want to chat. I enjoyed our talks about all the things that NWR forbids  ;)

You will be missed something fierce though. :(
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
I appreciate the thoughts. Maxi I can try to play your mafia game. In regards to what my interests are? Well really just life in general, finding a new job, trying to get back into writing, reading, pushing myself to socialize more outside of the internet, and just all around finding new things that I can enjoy.

Good luck in everything you do*

*now where have i seen that logo before...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:49:31 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 04:27:01 AM »
I understand the reason why you don't play games that often these days. I'm not really. I do hope you will come in and keep us all happy from time to time :)

Safe journeys :)

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

Yeah, we're far away from what I consider PGC's golden age (2003-2005). The only actives I see still remaining (glancing around quickly) are you, vudu, BnM, Kashogi, Pro, KDR, ShyGuy, Pale and Ian. And of course stevey, whose grammar has improved so much that it makes me nostalgic. Does TVman still post (or whatever his new name is?) What about Caliban?

Anyway, sorry to hear you're leaving GP. You should drop in once a while to check on everyone like I do (and make sure no one changes your avatar!) - don't have to talk about games. You can just visit the General Chat and Funhouse boards.

"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
It is with a sad heart that I have to say goodbye to NWR, at least for the most part. I've found over the last several months my interest in gaming has been getting less and less enthusiastic, yeah there is the odd Nintendo game that I still can love (Like NSMB) but beyond that I'm finding myself not interested in any other game.

Wow. Surprising. Especially after all the posts of the high amount of games you purchase or would purchase in the future.

The industry has gotten stagnant for me with its wannabe live action movies, and generic visual presentation. Beyond that though, I have so much more going on my life, that gaming has taken a back seat, I have other interests that have been developing. These boards have been a great place for me for several years but it is hard to get involved in any topics anymore, some have to do with certain posters who bother me, but mostly game in general are not fun for me to talk about anymore.

Heh. There is more to these forums than talking about games. Honestly, I hardly ever frequent the console discussion forum. One can have a lot of fun in the community sections. These forums are a lot better if you don't feel like you have to maintain a presence and can just come and go as you please. So, maybe that will help you find some fun in them again.

Anyways, I'll say goodbye although it doesn't seem like you are totally leaving but just reducing your time here. I understand that need and take time off from visiting here now and again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:27 AM »
Wow, in some ways I feel the same and have acted so. I have just never made a big announcement to the fact. I mean, what in blazes am I doing here in an Nintendo forum given I don't own a Wii?!? Well I do have a DS, but that hasn't been given a lot of game time lately. Hell the only non-handheld game machine I have in is current gen is a Hackintosh (that blows the current gen console out of the water) and I have every Nintendo console back to NES sans VB.

I will get a Wii some day, just not in the short term. given that my life is just about to make some big jumps soon (heres hoping), I got to stay lightweight for the time being.

Although I never knew you well enough personally, you always have my respect.

On the other hand Kush has a point, he always has a point. Maybe I should go review Behind Enemy Lines 2: Axis of Evil. Here a preview. It's ****.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »
Crap I must be on the dislike list...

Later GP! Good luck in all things you set out to do! It's a big world so there is lots and lots to do. Hopefuly we see you around when Zelda Wii comes out.

I think I had you on myspace before I dumped my account. I'll find you on facebook.

Wish you the best lady!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 04:44:48 PM »
Is it because I left Ventress out of the story? Look, I fixed it! :D :D :D

Check it out, Ventress kicks some butt!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »
LAME. Boooooooo.

Good luck GP, you'll be missed.  Also hit me up in LOTRO, I'm playing pretty much daily now...that is, if you still feel like gaming.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
Sad to see you go, but happy to see you leaving for your own reasons instead of for being angry at another user or something.

Good luck!

I give it a week and she'll be back. =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 09:51:24 PM »
Yeah, we're far away from what I consider PGC's golden age (2003-2005).

Ha ha... yeah I have the same "golden age" for the forums as you IceCold.

I don't know if I would consider myself active, though, since I come and go in phases and prior to this it had been almost half a year since I popped in around here. I will attest, though, to being happy when I did come back and seeing a lot of familiar faces like GP, Pro, and BnM.

The forums change. Each day they lose a little from why I love them so much, but at the same time it's amazing how long some of the users here have been active.

EDIT: oh, and funny, I realize that my most distinct memory of GP is those epic "arm wrestling" matches we got into during the Dojo updates for Smash Bros Brawl... good times.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:16:09 PM by Arbok »
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 11:40:46 PM »
i would say thats the golden age too, i was in the silver, and bronze age though :P
Definitely 2003-2005 were a good time, thats "nintendo's next console" speculation through wii launch, but things were great in the dolphin to gcn speculation era too. Notice, iv been posting more outside the funhouse lately? That means new Zelda draws near. :P

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
Best of luck, Sophia. You were definitely one of my good friends here in the forums and I'm sad to see you go. Hopefully you'll be in and out of here as time goes on and maybe I'll even see you over on PixlBit.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 11:54:08 PM »
see, i signed up for pixlbit, but saw no forums. If they are there and i can't find them then...FAIL

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
Well, this is a shame.  For all that we disagreed on, GP, we agreed on a lot more and had quite a few good discussions.  Well, you were always a good poster here and you'll be missed, so I look forward to a day when gaming becomes more interesting and more feasible to you so you may return.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:22 AM »
Sorry for not responding sooner, GP, but I am sad to hear that you are leaving. But at the very least, you are leaving on a good note, and as previously noted, we will still be around, so don't be a stranger now! :)
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 02:58:07 AM »
I'll happily leave once my post count is high enough.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »
I'll happily leave once my post count is high enough.

i'm next in line for the *huggles crown!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
pro... never leave :O

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 02:06:23 PM »
Pro won't leave. He'll just change his name again and all the new people will call him something else and wonder why we call him Pro.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
Pro is the madona of theforums, always reinventing herself to stay relavant

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »

i tried that once, but someone deleted that account. I guess ill just get old like....Madona

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
I say goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends, I tell you
Goodbye to all the past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »

i tried that once, but someone deleted that account. I guess ill just get old like....Madona

Don't forget britney

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:10:24 PM »
COuld you bring Pittboi back then if you're leaving?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
For quite some time I didn't realize that people were referring to NinGurl69 *huggles whenever they said "Pro" or "Pro Daisy".

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
Out of curiosity, who or what did you think we were referring to?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »
I thought that Professional 666 had left the site and people were still talking about him for whatever reason, and NinGurl69 *huggles was an entirely different person. I never really gave it much thought...

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
I didn't realize it was the same person either.  I thought it was just a nickname he'd earned being called Pro.  I also thought he was a girl too, so I'm not the best person to be asking who I thought Pro was because I apparently had everything confused.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 02:59:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, is the reason you thought he was a girl because his username is NinGurl?

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2009, 03:03:17 PM »
Yeah, I guess.  I'm sure there's a story behind the username.  Same with the huggles thing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
Yeah there is a story behind the Ningurl69*huggles name. Around the time that Brawl was coming out he decided to change his name to Ningurl69*huggles as a way to get people to think he was a girl when playing Brawl so "she" would get all these overly aggressive players that like to have superioity complexes but Pro basically beats everyone on here for the most part.

*huggles is just to add a little bit more to the user name because Ningurl69 is kind of plain.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »
And now I know the rest of the story.  Before I joined up I had sorted out that Pro was the same person as NinGurl, and that neither of them were girls.  He always struck me as kind of a strange girl as it was, kind of.....crass.  Also all the avatars of various bits of Daisy were a hint.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »
I didn't realize it was the same person either.  I thought it was just a nickname he'd earned being called Pro.  I also thought he was a girl too, so I'm not the best person to be asking who I thought Pro was because I apparently had everything confused.
And now I know the rest of the story.  Before I joined up I had sorted out that Pro was the same person as NinGurl, and that neither of them were girls.  He always struck me as kind of a strange girl as it was, kind of.....crass.  Also all the avatars of various bits of Daisy were a hint.

There is a lot of contradiction going on between these 2 post.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

You're right, there is, but it's all true.  I've been lurking for a while and there was a period of time where I was confused, followed by a period of time where I sorted it out, and then I joined up.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2009, 04:36:18 PM »
Bye, Sophie!
I'll miss you. :'(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »

You're right, there is, but it's all true.  I've been lurking for a while and there was a period of time where I was confused, followed by a period of time where I sorted it out, and then I joined up.

well obviously pro had a period of confusion as well, so its all good.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »
Pro is sex on a stick.

Somebody had to say it.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2009, 12:22:13 AM »
I've been lurking for a while and there was a period of time where I was confused, followed by a period of time where I sorted it out, and then I joined up.
Same here, it was back when I was a lurker that I thought Professional 666 and NinGurl were two different people. I just didn't pay much attention to who was who because that doesn't matter much to somebody who never posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
Pro is sex on a stick.

Somebody had to say it.

i'm not sure what that means but it doesnt sound good...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »
Pro is sex on a stick.

Somebody had to say it.

i'm not sure what that means but it doesnt sound good...

It means he comes with batteries and is built with waterproof (lifelike realskin®) casing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:31:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
Oh okay...

Ew

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:16 AM »
Thanks for the sweet posts, it means a lot to me. I consider so many here friends that leaving this place feels like leaving a digital home. I'll still pop in for big news reveals like E3, and I of course need to hype Endless Ocean 2 when it comes out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2009, 03:55:09 AM »
I plan on getting Endless Ocean 2 when it comes out. I want to play online with you GP.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2009, 05:52:02 AM »
And here I just finished watching the first season of True Blood...who am I going to talk to about it? She is the one that convinced me to check it out.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »
It's been a week.  At this point Bill had 280 replies to his quitting thread.  Seems that Bill was more popular than GP.   :Q
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 01:41:01 PM »
It's been a week.  At this point Bill had 280 replies to his quitting thread.  Seems that Bill was more popular than GP.   :Q
I think it had to do with the circumstances surrounding both of the departures. Bill was tired of what was happening around here and there was a recent event that made him and pretty much everyone upset. GP said she is leaving. No controversies no big events on why she is leaving. She just left.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2009, 01:43:41 PM »
Maxi, it's okay to admit you like Bill more.  No one will be mad.  We'll protect you from GP.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »
My friends I treat as equals.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »

not to mention that out of the 67 replies, about 23 of them are about Pro.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
GP, I just wanted to let you know that even though someone went and changed my title WITHOUT MY CONSENT, I'm still your #1 fan at heart, even if not in title.

<3
Twitter

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2009, 03:51:47 PM »

:Q

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2009, 04:10:22 PM »
I can't ever tell if Maxi totally isn't seeing the humor and is being way too serious... or if he is seeing the humor and returning it with fake seriousness.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »
wtf iz this

besides, wats funhouse have to do with gaming
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 04:15:32 PM by DAaaMan64 »
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »
Wait, DAaaMan is back? Why wasn't I told?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »
I can't ever tell if Maxi totally isn't seeing the humor and is being way too serious... or if he is seeing the humor and returning it with fake seriousness.

Many things tend to soar high above Maxi's head because he was taking things a little too seriously.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »

When old forumers leave, others come back.  It's like Underworld and the vampire elders.

Oh no, I mentioned vampires.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »
GP, I just wanted to let you know that even though someone went and changed my title WITHOUT MY CONSENT, I'm still your #1 fan at heart, even if not in title.
I am also upset with the person who changed your title.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 06:38:04 PM »

well.. pro is pretty popular..

:Q

its true!

by the way, make that 25 post ;)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:29 AM »
OH GEEZ!

I'll totally miss you GP, but I totally understand scaling back. I've sort of..disappeared myself... for the past year or so... The truth is that just being here on this forum, or even on the internet takes a lot of energy and time, and those are finite resources to be balanced against any other things in our lives.  I guess some people would consider you being less on NWR as a good sign... But it isn't good for those of us you're leaving behind!

T_T

Hope you pop back in every once in awhile GP. I'll totally get Endless Ocean 2 in the hopes of playing with you. And good luck! because I bet that whatever it is you're leaving us for is probably uber awesome or something.

*sigh*

time is so cruel.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2009, 02:17:48 AM »
This isn't even a goodbye thread. She basically said "I'm leaving, but lol, not really. Only a bit."

Make a goodbye thread and stick to it, don't come back. Or if you do at least make a dupe.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2009, 02:29:26 AM »
Goodbye, thread.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
OH GEEZ!

I'll totally miss you GP, but I totally understand scaling back. I've sort of..disappeared myself... for the past year or so... The truth is that just being here on this forum, or even on the internet takes a lot of energy and time, and those are finite resources to be balanced against any other things in our lives.  I guess some people would consider you being less on NWR as a good sign... But it isn't good for those of us you're leaving behind!

T_T

Hope you pop back in every once in awhile GP. I'll totally get Endless Ocean 2 in the hopes of playing with you. And good luck! because I bet that whatever it is you're leaving us for is probably uber awesome or something.

*sigh*

time is so cruel.

/cry

fixed

Goodbye, thread.

don't you dare!

This isn't even a goodbye thread. She basically said "I'm leaving, but lol, not really. Only a bit."

Make a goodbye thread and stick to it, don't come back. Or if you do at least make a dupe.

QFT

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2009, 04:41:14 PM »
Who do you think SilverGrey is?

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2009, 05:06:10 PM »
Am I being discussed again?  I thought everyone agreed I was a spy for the Disney Company with the whole Epic Mickey announcement. 

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
Am I being discussed again?  I thought everyone agreed I was a spy for the Disney Company with the whole Epic Mickey announcement. 

or thats what you want us to think...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2009, 05:17:29 PM »
I think the forum community is just naturally keeping the balance.

A prominent female member of the community steps down and another arrives to take her place.

The balance is maintained and the community endures.
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:13 PM »

Being a Disney spy would be kinda fun, don't you think?  Seeing as they actually exist and all.  Anyhow, if I was spying, I don't know if this would be a good site to spy on, everyone disagrees about what they want.  So all I could report is there is no cohesive agreement on........well, anything.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2009, 05:21:36 PM »

Being a Disney spy would be kinda fun, don't you think?  Seeing as they actually exist and all.  Anyhow, if I was spying, I don't know if this would be a good site to spy on, everyone disagrees about what they want.  So all I could report is there is no cohesive agreement on........well, anything.

We all agree we want better 3rd party support on Wii.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:01 PM »
There's a running gag that new members are dupes of existing members, especially if they are female members.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
Athena was a dupe? Did Maxi find this out on the first date? ;)
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

That's already in my next report.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »

Oh, and we all want Epic Mickey to be moar Epic. Since you are reporting to Disney and all I'm sure you can convince them to pile on the Epic ;)
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »
Mop_it_up means that whenever a girl forum member arrives everybody thinks they are a dupe even if that person isn't.

I haven't seen Athena on much lately.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »

Oh, and we all want Epic Mickey to be moar Epic. Since you are reporting to Disney and all I'm sure you can convince them to pile on the Epic ;)

"While Test Site B seems to lack cohesive agreement on the majority of presented topics, they do appear to desire a game that will be moar Epic.  Suggestions as to how this should be presented will be forthcoming, provided the topic can be broached to obtain the collective opinion, with minimal amount of disruption and lack of focus."

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »

except for Ian

Mop_it_up means that whenever a girl forum member arrives everybody thinks they are a dupe even if that person isn't.

actually you're wrong maxi. Everyone is a dupe of S-U-P-E-R

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »

Like The Princess. Everyone accused her of being a dupe or stalker or something. She still lurks here.

*Hi Princess!*
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
I think she WAS a stalker though. Wasn't she always viewing EasyCure's profile?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
I look at people's profiles all the time. In fact, I should have been accused of being a stalker by now because of how often I view peoples profiles.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
I think she WAS a stalker though. Wasn't she always viewing EasyCure's profile?

Or your dupe trying to hide something...

I look at people's profiles all the time. In fact, I should have been accused of being a stalker by now because of how often I view peoples profiles.

I think you've already said that and we HAVE called you a stalker..

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
Oh, right, that was my old title, wasn't it?
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »

Yeah **** That ****!

*shifty eyess*
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »

Yeah **** That ****!

*shifty eyess*

ahaha forgot about that...

in your defense, you probably did too ;)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2009, 07:04:17 PM »
What? Make a dupe?

I thought we had a bring your dupe to school day?

Besides, I didn't say I was going to completely ignore this place since I gave away my WEEEEEEEEE. I still have a DS and past gen systems. Plus where am I suppose to get my dose of immature? Canada?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
GP is gone as a regular cast member, but may make guest appearances in future episodes.

Remember when she was a spy for Microsoft?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »
Ah the first season; its weird to go back and watch those episdoes, everyones voice is so different than what I'm used to now.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
On a very special General Chat...
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »
On a very special General Chat...

oooh the episodes starring Stogi are the funniest ones!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
Goodbye GoldenPhoenix.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2009, 11:35:34 PM »

When old forumers leave, others come back.  It's like Underworld and the vampire elders.

Oh no, I mentioned vampires.
*sparkles*
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »
And now Athrun Zala is back too! Whoa, hi!

It is fitting that, her name being GoldenPhoenix, after she leaves lots of others are reborn from her ashes!
Twitter

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
When is this Phoenix Down going to bring back Infernal Monkey and Shift Key?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2009, 07:45:09 PM »
Maybe when you stop being such a pansy.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2009, 09:49:56 PM »
If mario comes back.. now that'd be something to see ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:12 PM »
Free Mario! A Nintendo forum that has banned Mario is a illogical.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:02 AM »
Free Mario! A Nintendo forum that has banned Mario is a illogical.
I know it doesn't make sense.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
Know what makes less sense?

Resident Evil 5

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »
Know what makes less sense?

Resident Evil 5

Let's turn every thread in the forums to a RE5 bashing thread!!!
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »
I've got a better project. Call it a challenge if you will. Let's turn every thread into something positive.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
I've got a better project. Call it a challenge if you will. Let's turn every thread into something positive.

BOOOOOOOO

QUIT TRYING TO SAVE CHRISTMAS

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »
GP would want Christmas saved so none of that Canceled Christmas stuff.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
GP Left. Chistmas Canceled.

GP came back and spoiled how to beat the boss in Blaster Master.
Christmas Definitely Canceled!!

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2009, 01:10:17 AM »
Isn't it spelt cancelled? Two L's?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2009, 01:36:49 AM »
As far as I'm aware, "canceled" is American English and "cancelled" is British English. My spellchecker says that "cancelled" is incorrect.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2009, 01:18:40 PM »
You know what'd be really positive?

Resident Evil 5: Wii Edition ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

Puppies for Christmas
Fixed!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

Puppies for Christmas
Fixed!

I'm allergic to them you jerk!

However, i'm not allergic to Resident Evil 5

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »

Puppies for Christmas
Fixed!

Kittens for Christmas!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »
You get me any kind of pet for Christmas and I'm going to let it loose in your home when you're not around.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
I'll compromise and put those kittens on a kabob.

Kitten Kabobs for all!!!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »

Puppies for Christmas
Fixed!

Kittens for Christmas!

I might be allergic to those too, can't tell because my girlfriend has both.

ass-hat

I'll compromise and put those kittens on a kabob.

Kitten Kabobs for all!!!

Cue bumping of "my faith in humanity.." thead.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
I want to make a formal announcement. This girl is BACK to NWR. One of my new years resolutions was that I need to balance things out, and this place has been so amazing with people I consider friends. I still have my other goals but you know, why can't this be apart of it? So I'm eating crow (which are good BTW) and returning. The Gothic Princess is back, while she may not buy many games she is going to still be heard whether people want to read it or not. :)

Thanks for all the kind messages, and I do want to thank Maxi for the mafia game, it made me realize how much I missed this place.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »
I want to make a formal announcement. This girl is BACK to NWR. One of my new years resolutions was that I need to balance things out, and this place has been so amazing with people I consider friends. I still have my other goals but you know, why can't this be apart of it? So I'm eating crow (which are good BTW) and returning. The Gothic Princess is back, while she may not buy many games she is going to still be heard whether people want to read it or not. :)

Thanks for all the kind messages, and I do want to thank Maxi for the mafia game, it made me realize how much I missed this place.

*hands GP one of Doc's Chocolate Bars*

*GP gets back in the ring*

Heh, welcome back!  Knew you couldn't stay away that long.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Everyone or am I?
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:20 PM »

*hands GP one of Doc's Chocolate Bars*

*GP gets back in the ring*

Heh, welcome back!  Knew you couldn't stay away that long.

Lol thanks Brood.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
See, this is why I'm glad Bill never came back. No matter how good it is to get the person back (and don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're back, GP, this place isn't the same without you), once you go through the trouble of making a scene of quitting the way GP did, coming back a few months later kind of ruins things and cheapens it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »
See, this is why I'm glad Bill never came back. No matter how good it is to get the person back (and don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're back, GP, this place isn't the same without you), once you go through the trouble of making a scene of quitting the way GP did, coming back a few months later kind of ruins things and cheapens it.

::leaves again::  :P:

What can I say besides things change in life, you learn things about yourself and sometimes you second guess your decisions. Sometimes you need to admit your priorities have shifted, eat crow, and do what you feel is best.  I've had lots of time to focus and think about my life, what I've done wrong, what I could improve, and such since I "left" (though as said and did I popped in every once in awhile).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:14:04 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
Glad my Mafia game got you back around here. Yes it is a visible difference with you not being here. The attitude is different without you here. I guess I can change my signature a little.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:07 PM »
lol Maxi, I got her back :P I think...LOL

NWR missed GP

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »
This may sound cheesy, but reading this topic is the only thing that's made me smile all day.  :)

I can understand your feelings though, GoldenPhoenix. For the past couple of months I've been so indecisive of exactly how much time I want to spend on the Internet as a whole, and a considerable chunk of that is here at Nintendo World Report. The thing with me is, I actually never intended to even be a regular poster here, and I'm still not sure how that happened. There's always something which keeps me coming back, whether it's a news story on which I want to gather insight, a new game I got about which I want to converse, an online game I can't stay away from, etc. It would seem that a community like this isn't really something which one joins, but rather is one that chooses its members. There's no escape for us.  :-\

In any case, I'm glad you've returned.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »
Mop_it_up summed it up pretty well, honestly the draw of this place isn't talking about games, its talking with THESE people. I've been out of games for a while, and I need someone to brief me its so bad. At one point though you could ask me anything, and I could tell you about it. That is not the case anymore, but I do like to catch up on the forum people. I've always toyed with the idea of quitting the forums but it would be something very hard for me to give up. For 10 years I've been on the forum continuum. To some extant once could say I've learned how to be in a community. Lol, and don't you go anywhere either Mop_it_up! NO ESCAPE! and no cake either!

or spoons!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »
This place is like a black hole, I think I've escaped and it pulls me back in.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2010, 03:25:28 AM »
You still owe us a Zombie game, ThePerm.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
I like to think that Maxi and I's charm is what keep GP and Mop it up here because we are awesome like that ;)

Plus no one can separate the Animal Crossing Crew for long. we need to have a meet up to celebrate her official return).
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »
Yeah we need to plan something.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
I like to think that Maxi and I's charm is what keep GP and Mop it up here because we are awesome like that ;)
I think I just vomited a little.

Listen Stratos, you're a nice guy, but there's one little thing which means we'll never get along. After all this time, you STILL don't get my username exactly right.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
While we're on the subject, would you mind if I removed the underscores from your user name?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »
Welcome back, GP!
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
Damn straight you're back, you're a Phoenix after all.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
Heh. There is more to these forums than talking about games. Honestly, I hardly ever frequent the console discussion forum. One can have a lot of fun in the community sections. These forums are a lot better if you don't feel like you have to maintain a presence and can just come and go as you please. So, maybe that will help you find some fun in them again.

Anyways, I'll say goodbye although it doesn't seem like you are totally leaving but just reducing your time here. I understand that need and take time off from visiting here now and again.

Boo-yah! Called it. GP has finally learned the true secret of the forums. Good for you and welcome back sister. Now let's have a hug. Khushrenada: Turning a feel-good moment awkward since 2007!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
I think I just vomited a little.

Listen Stratos, you're a nice guy, but there's one little thing which means we'll never get along. After all this time, you STILL don't get my username exactly right.

:P I was being sarcastic. And I thought it was acceptable to omit the underscores? I thought it was more the proper capitalization that bothered you? Though I might have just assumed that. (Mop it up, not mop it up or Mop It Up)
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2010, 06:27:50 PM »
she is going to still be heard whether people want to read it or not. :)

I'm sorry, what?

*distracted*

There's always something which keeps me coming back

You've probably some sort of head trauma which has affected your short term memory and you simply keep forgetting to leave.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
I'm sorry, what?

*distracted*

Don't need to explain myself to you. ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »
I kind of forgot you left >.>

To be fair, I haven't been entirely that active, and you did play in the mafia game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2010, 08:56:39 PM »
:P I was being sarcastic.
Why does everyone take me so seriously? Honestly, I don't get it.

I thought it was acceptable to omit the underscores?
I think I said that it isn't as bad of an error as improper capitalization, but it still bothers me.

While we're on the subject, would you mind if I removed the underscores from your user name?
Yes it would, as it's been that way for five years. Plus, changing it would make Stratos right, and I can't allow that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »
But, but...GP is the one who is always wrong! I'm the one hated/beaten/abused by women.

I knew you were joking. I was trying to be silly back.
My Game Collection

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
Awesome!  Welcome back!

So fess up.  What forum did you leave us for?  Were the other faceless internet avatars wittier than us?

Seriously though.  Glad you're back.  Even though we don't always see eye to eye, I enjoy reading your thoughts.   :cool;

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2010, 02:41:18 AM »
One of my new years resolutions was that I need to balance things out, and this place has been so amazing with people I consider friends. I still have my other goals but you know, why can't this be apart of it? So I'm eating crow (which are good BTW) and returning.

Yeah, I agree. I was gone from this place for about, oh, 8/9 months. But in the end it was so much a part of me that I just had to commit myself to return. Being gone from here, I was losing touch with the person I used to know I was, and I didn't want to let that happen.

So, for you and me both GP, we're gonna just have to learn to juggle NWR with everything else life throws at us!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
Yay! I'm glad you're back, GP, even though I've been even more of a lurker than usual lately. :)

Quick, someone change my title back before she notices!
Twitter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
Okay but you've got to find someone else who can be my number one fan.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
Okay but you've got to find someone else who can be my number one fan.

Stratos?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure that he likes GoldenPhoenix better...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »
Same as above.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »
Mop_it_up
Don't hate me because I'm not GP.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2010, 12:05:23 AM »
I'll be your number one fan if you get a Conan avatar.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »
I really like the bad grammar of the subject title. It reminds me of Stephen Colbert's I am America (And So Can You!)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
I'll be your number one fan if you get a Conan avatar.
How long would I have to use it for?

Come to think of it, I can't think of anybody who doesn't like GoldenPhoenix better. There's nothing wrong with that though, as there's a lot to like about her.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »
Conan's last show is tomorrow night.
So as long as you show support through tomorrow nightwith an avatar, I think you should be in the good graces of Team Coco.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2010, 01:19:18 AM »
I suppose I can agree to that. After all, I'm going to miss that crazy old man.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:30 AM »

Actually, I'm secretly IanSane's number one fan...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2010, 02:36:29 AM »
Wish I could be back stabbed and walk away with 40 million dollars. Lots would feel sorry for me. ;)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2010, 04:06:07 AM »
I don't think it's fair to say 'so-and-so likes so-and-so better'. Why can't I like both of you equally well?
My Game Collection

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
I like Mop_it_up better.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »
Same
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
I like them both.

everybody is a winner ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
I don't think it's fair to say 'so-and-so likes so-and-so better'. Why can't I like both of you equally well?
What a crock. You're just trying to spare my feelings.

Actually, I'm secretly IanSane's number one fan...
I'm openly Ian Sane's number one fan.

I like Mop_it_up better.
Same
My fans :kisses: