Author Topic: Anime  (Read 120149 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Anime
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2009, 04:19:52 AM »
Meh. Proceed if you want, I don't think it was that interesting but many people liked it apparently.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »
I figured as much. The only real draw for me was that the girl is voiced by Rie Tanaka, however she pretty much only says chi.  :-\
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2009, 09:06:09 AM »
She learns to speak like any good pet :P.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
wow oohhboy changed his avatar.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »
So I started a new anime. It was recommended to those who like Death Note. It's called "Monster." And so far, it's pretty good. The character development is spot on and I can feel the tension rising with each new clue. The main character is likable and generally does what you would do in his situation. I just hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm already too far in to stop now.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »
I loved Death Note until they introduced N and Mello.  It just fell apart from there.  The ending left me flaccid.

:'(
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
...I found something called Code Geass. That show was kinda cool until it became what you guys are describing above. After I saw the episode where he kills his first real enemy (another dude with Geass), I gave it up.

Should have finished it...Absolutely fantastic ending (meaning the second season)...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:36:10 PM by Bill Aurion »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:11 PM »
I ended up finishing the first season, and I didn't really like that ending. It was poorly written. I don't know if I have it in me to watch another season.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »
Sekirei is recommended.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 06, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
I ended up finishing the first season, and I didn't really like that ending. It was poorly written. I don't know if I have it in me to watch another season.

Well, that's because it wasn't really an ending (merely a transition to the second season)... =)

(Watch it, dammit!)

Sekirei is recommended.

The problem with Sekirei is that they started the anime far too early...The manga is a once-a-month dealie, and it'll take ages for the second season to come out...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #235 on: January 06, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
That's criminal.

That's just like Game Daily breaking up there "Top 15 Dogshit" "LISTS" into 15 click-thru pages.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2009, 07:28:34 AM »
Seems Minami-ke got more episodes. The coloring seems more in line with the first version (i.e. Chiaki's hair is a single color).

Let's see, what else happened... Kyou no Go no Ni finished... Astro Ranger Sunred is still running... A Touhou anime...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »
Time to re-watch older anime.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »
Time for everyone to watch Maria+holic!  You know you want to watch a show about a sadistic trap with the same production team as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (SHAFT)...So awesome...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2009, 09:06:16 PM »
I watched Spirited Away (love it), Steamboy (it's great, but what I really loved about it is all machined contraptions), and Millennium Actress (it's great, but... it just didn't tick with me).

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #240 on: January 21, 2009, 08:52:44 PM »
I'm watching Shikabane Hime on Funimation's youtube channel because it's the only place to see it and I'm an absolute Gainax freak. It's cool- Buddhist monks destroying corpses with other corpses, good dark animation and a fine story. A good film is Tekonkinkreet, it came out last year and features the seriously sick art of Taiyo Matsumoto.  Bill's seriously on the money about Zetsubou Sensei. I didn't enjoy Steamboy so much though and as for Code Geass- the second season is really hard to accept and I eventually just stopped watching it.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2009, 03:15:13 AM »
So what is everybody watching these days?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2009, 06:36:02 AM »
If your talking about anything new, nothing. Just rewatching the stuff I got. GSD is still awesome regardless of what the net says, although bloody fucking flashbacks.

The future is surprisingly dry after having watched the majority of what I want from the past.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

I watched the new Evangelion remake- You Are Not Alone, the quality is really high, but I've watched Eva like 4 or 5 times now. I might watch Diebuster or Gurren Lagann again, but I haven't got to them yet. I'm still watching Shikabane Hime, it's got me intrigued.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2009, 06:38:06 PM »

One Piece, Naruto Shippuuden, Bleach, Soul Eater, RideBack, Major, One Outs, Michiko to Hatchin, and these are released and watched at a consistent rate.
I do watch other anime that either the fansubbers have halted, or they went on "vacation" (they need a break too), or they are waiting for the DVDs to come out. For example Golgo 13 TV has had a long hiatus, and Inazuma also. Captain Tsubasa is being released on DVD in Japan, so the subs take longer to be released. Persona Trinity Soul is a complete 1 season series, so I watch it when I have nothing else to watch. For Detroit Metal City the subbers, and most likely the series itself took a break, but episode 10 came out this week after well over a month ago when episode 9 was released. Goldfish warning is also released once every blue moon, well not really, but the releases are quite sparse.

Oh. By the way... FULL METAL ALCHEMIST 2 is starting in April in Japan. HELL YEAH!!!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2009, 02:46:09 AM »
I recently bought the Girls Bravo DVD collection.  Clouds don't cover up teh boobs anymore.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
My wife and I just recently started to go through Tenchi Universe again. It's probably one of our favorite series ever. I'd love to pick up Tenchi in Love, but the funds are tight at the moment.

I really want to show her Gundam Wing, but Blockbuster Online only has 4 of the dvd's, and they're at the end of the series.

Really? There's going to be a FMA 2? That's really cool.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »
Oh man I have all of Tenchi Universe on VHS.  $25 apiece.  This was before video games were important.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
Really? There's going to be a FMA 2? That's really cool.

Indeed it is. There are two very short trailers for it already. You can probably find them already on youtube.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:06 AM »
Thanks, I'll have to look for it.

Oh man I have all of Tenchi Universe on VHS.  $25 apiece.  This was before video games were important.

Yeah, anime prices can be terrible. How many tapes were there for the series? I have them on three discs for DVD.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo