Author Topic: Best system ever.  (Read 7961 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Best system ever.
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 06:59:22 AM »
Also I will add it was made by Sega, it had MK Gold, Sonic Adventure, it was made by Sega,  Sonic Battle, Street Fighter Alpha 3 (best version out there) House of the Dead, it was made by Sega, Virtua Fighter 3, Evolution, Phantasy Star Online, um it was made by Sega, Bomber man, Gauntlet Legends, Shenmue, IT WAS MADE BY SEGA! I mean how many reasons do yo need to consider it a great system? best ever, no Genesis holds that titles, but Dc and GC are close ties for second, then SNES and NES third. I am so Glad that ecer since Sega went thrid party they managed to make more money than Nintendo because now they are rebuilding their war chest and building up their brand name like never before so when their next console comes out,(preferable after Nintendo wipes the floor with Ps3 and puts sony out of bussiness) then it will OWN everything. Then Planaet GC wil become Planet Sega.(joking last comment I love GC and PG;-)
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
RE: Best system ever.
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 06:50:56 AM »
And Conkers Bad Fur Day.  Funniest...platformer...ever(even if the controls were not up to snuff).

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »
My favorite system is the DC, it has many games that I really like, and a lot I really love (Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, RE: CV, JGR, MvC, SoulCalibur, ect)

still, the N64 wins in the Multiplayer area (God knows how many hours I've played MK64, MP, MT, SSB, GE, PD.....)

after that, every system is tied in the 3rd place :P
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 11:17:12 AM »
Interesting how "failure" consoles seem to be popular.  N64 and Dreamcast.  Is it a counter-culture thing?  I have to admit, N64 is probably my favourite, too.  GameCube arguably had more refined games and obviously much better third party support, but the N64 reignited that feeling I got when I first played Super Mario Bros.  The N64 made video games brand-new again, and I'm hoping Wii will do the same.  And Nintendo got so many things right in the N64 games...I've missed Nintendo's willingness to delay a game until it was perfect and I'm glad to see the company finally doing that again with Twighlight Princess.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
/me high fives Hostile Creation

/me realizes this is a message board

/me goes and listens to [random indy band name]
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
SNES beats any system in history in terms of variety and quality of games.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 07:15:38 PM »
Know what's funny...most people (and gaming websites) say that MK Gold was one of the worst games on the system, but it was far and away my favorite Dreamcast game. I guess because it was the closest thing to an arcade perfect port of MK4 we'll ever see on a console. Maybe MK4 will be released on Midway Arcade Treasures 4 for the next-gen consoles. They should all be able to emulate the game well enough.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 10:00:04 AM »

Maybe hip isn't the right word. It just seems to me that every self-proclaimed hardcore gamer has to brag about how the Dreamcast is his favorite system, probably because hardly anyone played it. Like how indie rockers only brag about bands they've never heard of. That's not to say those bands are all bad, and some are great, but for the most part they're not nearly as good as the people suggest.
It's fine if you honestly believe that, but I just get a very false vibe from some of the people who say that. "I'm more hardcore than you", something like that is the unspoken message, and it's a nuisance. I hate people who do it.

Too true.  I always here people preach about the Dreamcast, yet I barely remember a soul talking about how great it was when it was actually in stores.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline heinous_anus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »
Us Dreamcast connoisseurs are just a vocal minority.  It's much less a "brag" than an appreciation of how good the system really was to its owners.  For all the "failed" consoles we've seen out there, Sega's last system doesn't even seem like one when you look at its library that fulfilled, as far as I'm concerned, every need of every different gamer and genre, and did it well.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 01:17:43 AM »
Hey I loved alot of games for my Dreamcast: Power Stone 2, Seaman, Crazy Taxi series, Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur 2, and Shenmue.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:39 AM »

Originally posted by: heinous_anus
Us Dreamcast connoisseurs are just a vocal minority.  It's much less a "brag" than an appreciation of how good the system really was to its owners.  For all the "failed" consoles we've seen out there, Sega's last system doesn't even seem like one when you look at its library that fulfilled, as far as I'm concerned, every need of every different gamer and genre, and did it well.

certanly, and I'd like to add that it has a pretty active homebrew scene which has done some amazing things (for example, the first time I saw a DivX movie was on my DC ^^)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD