Author Topic: PS 4 games that feel like Nintendo franchise games  (Read 10029 times)

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PS 4 games that feel like Nintendo franchise games
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 03:43:50 PM »
Maybe I will just get both then.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
Unravel has a better story/character. YWW is the better pure platformer.

I generally agree with that assessment. I liked Woolly World better due to level variety & better sense of style, but I found Unravel quite relaxing.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »
I almost never play platforming games for stories.  The end of point of every platforming game tends to be get from point A to point B.  Sure story elements and exploration can try to change that, but reality is...that is the limit of the game genre. 

So to me, having the fundamentals is more important than having the story.  Now of course, having both are great too. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 12:13:05 AM »
To me Unravel tries to do too many things at once. Some puzzles are too obtuse, sometimes it rewards careful thought and sometimes it wants to go with fast reactions. Most of the times during those changes you'll die a lot. And the long levels can end up testing your patience and becoming a battle of endurance. I also don't like the floaty jumping at all. Finding secrets is fun but after you beat your head in a particular part of a level the last thing you want to do is spend more time trying to decipher how to get the secrets.

If you stick with it though, Yarny's travels take you to some really gorgeous locations and the story can get a bit emotional at times. It's a beautiful slice of Sweden that feels oddly relatable, even having never been there.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »
I was tempted to just get Yoshi on the eshop last night but I prefer to buy physical disc copies of my games so I might see if there is one at the used game store nearby. I finished the demo of Unravel, it was more frustrating than fun. Relaxing is a good description but I don't want relaxing in a platformer, I want fast paced.