Author Topic: Wind Waker Demo Impressions  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Locke Cole

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wind Waker Demo Impressions
« on: March 17, 2003, 09:16:31 AM »
Well today, I decided I need to fill my Zelda cravings.  I walked down to my nearest store(target) and played the demo.  OMG this game is going to rock.  I decided I just wanted to play the dungeon to get a feel on how the puzzles are.  So far the dungeons look huge and the battles are fun.  Remember how fun it was just to kill the Iron Knuckles.  Well its about that fun just killing regular guys.  I made it far in the dungeon when I got stuck at this one point.  There was lava across a pit, and no way to get across.  I tried looking around, jumping around, everything.  Then my brain clicked and I found out that there was water in these pots by the pit.  So I took the pots and bashed them thinking there might be a hidden switch underneath.  When I broke the pot, water came out, it gave me a idea, so I took the pots threw it across onto the lava and BINGO the lava turned it rock for about 10 secs.  I stopped playing after that, and walked home.  I was so excited about this game, and now it actually requires me to think to get far.  I'm going to love this game.

Tell about your demo experiences too.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 12:33:29 PM »
I played the game a bit... I wish they had an outdoor area where I could really get a feel for the graphic style.  The dungeon seemed like just another lava pit place, like Dodongo's Cavern or the Fire Temple.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 02:38:07 PM »
That demo is a really old and crappy build. From E3 almost one year ago.

The final version of the game will be far better

Offline Mr.Curlynose1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 02:43:52 PM »
Well I loved it! The only bad thing was the stealth part though. It needed more fun like having some weapon. Too bad link lost his sword....

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 02:55:59 PM »
If you notice some of the puzzles were already one. Like the blocks in the dungeon level and stuff. That demo was simplified so you could just jump in, fight some enemies, fight a boss, sneak around, etc. and leave. The actual game of course won't be like that. The demo only really shows you the controls..

Offline The Old Beane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 12:19:19 AM »
'twould be nice if Australia could get the demo sometime...

Target is really slack...they're still playing the demo disk that came on launch (SSBM is one of 'em)

Big W has a more updated one, with Starfox Adventures & Mario Party 4...

but...NO...ZELDA! *cries*
The Old Beane

100% Psycho
May contain traces of nut.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 08:30:52 AM »
It's been my point to try to avoid this and just wait for my copy in the mail (only a week left).  But just avoiding it has been tough.  Passing it in the store, my eyes wander over the screen trying to remember every detail.  I can't wait till this comes out!
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 09:15:46 AM »
Well, you could download and watch my [Nintendo] music videos while you're waiting.

*_*
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline The Old Beane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 11:24:59 AM »
Ooooo! Lots of nice vids u got there, Professional 666.

*starts downloading Wind Waker videos*

Aaaahhh....relief.
The Old Beane

100% Psycho
May contain traces of nut.

Offline Kitsune

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 05:56:56 PM »
Geez, every time I try to play the demo the forward control is broken EVERYWHERE... its a slow walk every time, not left or right or back, just forward and I have been to 5 stores....

But that will all change in 3 days...