Author Topic: Nintendo to stop the tedium at the end of Wind Waker.  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Locke Cole

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo to stop the tedium at the end of Wind Waker.
« on: March 01, 2003, 03:01:12 PM »
Nintendo has recieved feedback from Japan about the new Zelda game.  Most of the complaints were at the end of how it slowed down.  Nintendo has decided to change the later end of the game not MAJORLY but minorly.  I don't have much details but if your a insider at Ign you can read more about it here.

A little more info from a interview with Miyamoto.

SLIGHT SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In Japan, after people had played Wind Waker, we had a lot of feedback that the collection of Triforce pieces in the game was kind of difficult or tedious so we actually made some changes to that part of the spec for the US version and that'll be reflected in the first build of that which will be coming out next month.  It's just little changes, but hopefully that'll improve some of the feedback that we get."

END OF SPOILER!!!!

So it seems they are just changing it to get rid of the tedium not the difficulty.    

Offline RockmanX

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2003, 09:35:31 PM »
I curse myself forr reading this heh.  Though it didn't give away too much.  I dunno about this, but I have faith in Mr. Myamoto.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 04:07:15 AM »
This is cool.  The Japanese get the Beta version, and we Americans get the final bug-free/totally-polished version.

The same thing happened with Kingdom Hearts (Americans got an enhanced version of the game).

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 10:22:43 AM »
I wish I could read the full article. I'm not an Insider. *sighs*
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 10:25:36 AM »
I wish I could read the full article. I'm not an Insider. *sighs*
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 11:26:05 AM »
PGC now has a transcript of the interview up so you can read it for free now.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!