Author Topic: Should we stop buying digital games until March?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Should we stop buying digital games until March?
« on: October 30, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »
Now that we know the new rewards programme is on it's way would it be a good idea to just stop buying digital Nintendo games? As until it is implemented games bought during this period won't count towards the programme, there are some exceptions like the Project Zero and Xenoblade special editions but most games aren't going any where and will still be available once the programme is active. It's not clear if the programme will be for only digital products or will also include retail, but it should be safe to buy existing physical games as I don't see them going back and retrofitting the new programme for old games. As for digital games though like The Swindle, or Runbow, or Extreme Exorcism or Steam World Heist I don't see any reason to buy now instead of waiting.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Should we stop buying digital games until March?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
I actually felt the same way But I could also see Nintendo making the system work on a go-forward basis in that only games released after the new system is available would be eligible for MyNintendo credit when purchased. I think they might choose this path because they couldn't retro-fit physical copies of games already released.
Unless they choose to give credit for all games purchased digitally as a sort of incentive regardless of when the6y were released? Nintendo games, anyway, since they get more profit margin out of you buying digitally.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
you should buy what you want to buy when you want to buy it because you want to, not because you're some sort of bargain monkey. I doubt that the new rewards program will make you regret making a prchase unless you're purchasing a real pie of smelly digital code for your Wii U.

The moral of the story is that you should buy Freedom Planet. It's out in Europe too!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
Hmm, can you turn the voices off? That's what annoyed me most about the demo.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:12:53 PM »
There are no concrete details, everything that's been said are things we assumed would be in the new rewards program. Until we know how it actually works, just go ahead and buy the games you really want.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
On the bright side, if you do decide to stop buying Nintendo is doing their best to help out by not releasing much.
Er...
NNID: ejamer

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
Hopefully Fire Emblem will be an early 2016 release and there is always 200 hours worth of Xenoblade to look forward to. I'm not saying buy things for the sole purpose of getting points, just as Club Nintendo was ending Neogaf users were buying copies of Layton and the Miracle Mask enmasse for the codes, which frankly is just stupid. I'm talking about just changing the order in which you buy the games you are casually interested in, as there is a chance you may be rewarded for waiting, if you aren't no harm done. The Last Story or Radient Dawn though would absolutely be day one purchases if you are listening Nintendo.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 09:16:04 PM »
If they give back credit for the time between when Club Nintendo ended new registration and next March, that could be pretty lucrative. (They're not going to. But it's nice to dream.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »
If they give back credit for the time between when Club Nintendo ended new registration and next March, that could be pretty lucrative. (They're not going to. But it's nice to dream.)

Yeah, probably, but there is precedent for that given that the North American Club Nintendo gave coins for previously-registered GameCube games released & registered before the program launched.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 03:14:02 AM »
I think there will be some "grace period" before new loyalty system activates where some games will be accounted retroactively.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
I could also see Nintendo making the system work on a go-forward basis in that only games released after the new system is available would be eligible for MyNintendo credit when purchased.

I wild be surprised if they didn't do this.