Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501966 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #800 on: June 17, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »
I wish this had been available when I got the white one, because this one actually looks cool.

Cooler.

I guess.

I wish we had better rewards.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 17, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
I wish we did too.  I'd buy more Nintendo games and register them more often.  I still have a game from last year I have yet to register because it would be a waste of possible status being able to reach platinum.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »
I wish we did too.  I'd buy more Nintendo games and register them more often.  I still have a game from last year I have yet to register because it would be a waste of possible status being able to reach platinum.

I have 10 points above platinum status, and I have two games I could registrar and a few survey's I can do. I'll wait until July 1st to start those things.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »
I'm saving my coins and hoping that they offer more games. Even if nothing good ever comes up, oh well, this stuff is just a bonus, it isn't the reason we bought the games.

I've got a nice pile of post-play surveys awaiting me for when the new year begins.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 17, 2010, 11:15:25 PM »
I've had that holder ordered for at least a couple of weeks now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 17, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »
Is it a popular item with limited stock, or does it normally take that long to receive a reward from Club Nintendo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 18, 2010, 04:55:43 AM »
Well I feel silly. I was looking at my current coin total and thinking I was really short of the platinum goal and ended up registering 100 coins more than necessary. Pah. At least I'm scoring platinum again.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #807 on: June 18, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
Is it a popular item with limited stock, or does it normally take that long to receive a reward from Club Nintendo?

When I ordered Game & Watch Collection last year, I got it in less than a week.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #808 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
I completed a couple of surveys to reach Platinum status and I still have a ton of surveys left. I'm hoping that they have the Mario hat available again because I would definitely get it this time around.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 18, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »
I'm surprised that this close to the deadline to reach Platinum Status that they haven't announced yet what the year-end rewards will be.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 18, 2010, 01:30:54 PM »
I'm surprised that this close to the deadline to reach Platinum Status that they haven't announced yet what the year-end rewards will be.

Were you around last year?  It wasn't until after the CN year ended (the 14th, I believe) that they announced the prizes...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 18, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »

Were you around last year?  It wasn't until after the CN year ended (the 14th, I believe) that they announced the prizes...

True, but one would think that they might be making an effort to be a little more proactive this year and encourage sales before the deadline rather than after it.  But then again, this is the US Club Nintendo.   ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 18, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
They probably figure the kind of people who would buy a game just for the Club Nintendo coins would be pretty likely to buy the game anyway, and if they wait until later to do it that's one less prize they have to mail out.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 18, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
And the Gold/Platinum prizes aren't sent out for a couple months after that, either. I believe I got my Mario hat in October.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #814 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
I didn't get my Doc Louis Punch-Out code until November...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »

My black Wii Remote Holder is backordered, so they either got a lot of orders, or they haven't got any yet to ship.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #816 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
I got an email from someone at NOA stating that they are bringing back the White Nintendo DS Game Card Case. They are offering it for half the coins it was offered for at first so it's now 300 instead of 600. They also refunded me the difference in coins so I now have more coins for stuff I really don't want. I checked my balance and it's true, but I don't see the Card Case being offered, but so help me when it comes back I will get another one. Anyone else get word about this?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #817 on: June 22, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
No, so my guess is they only sent the e-mail to people who bought the case.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #818 on: June 22, 2010, 04:58:51 PM »
Here's copy of the letter. It didn't have any Nintendo images in the email and the address was from an actual person.

Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo!

During the first year of Club Nintendo, you redeemed 600 Coins for a White Nintendo DS Game Card Case.  That case was eventually removed from the Club Nintendo catalog and we have now returned it back to the catalog at a reduced Coin value.

In this case, we have chosen to add the 300 Coin difference between the old and new Coin value to your Club Nintendo account. Please note that this is not something we typically do but felt it was a way to show our thanks for being a member of from Club Nintendo from the start. Please enjoy the extra Coins!

I sort of thought it was fake at first but true to word my balance is 300 higher and listed as "Coins Added - Courtesy Coins". I also noticed the black remote holders is sold out
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:00:40 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #819 on: June 22, 2010, 05:05:54 PM »
The case was just added right now and I ordered it. If you anyone needs a good case for their DS carts get this. It's the best case I've seen and the only case I've ever used. At 300 coins it's a steal.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:16 PM »

I got an email from someone at NOA stating that they are bringing back the White Nintendo DS Game Card Case. They are offering it for half the coins it was offered for at first so it's now 300 instead of 600. They also refunded me the difference in coins so I now have more coins for stuff I really don't want. I checked my balance and it's true, but I don't see the Card Case being offered, but so help me when it comes back I will get another one. Anyone else get word about this?

I emailed them back [/size]Thank You for such a wonderful gesture. As you know Club Nintendo year ends June 30th, I know you just added the coins but I was wondering if you could take them away and add them again on July 1st so these coins could count toward 2011 platinum status. Is this possible?
[/size]-------
[/size]
[/size]Hopefully they will do this.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 22, 2010, 08:38:01 PM »
lol... that seems sneaky.

Anywhoo, Penguin 24x pouches are so much more awesome for carrying DS games in. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #822 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

I emailed them back [/size]Thank You for such a wonderful gesture. As you know Club Nintendo year ends June 30th, I know you just added the coins but I was wondering if you could take them away and add them again on July 1st so these coins could count toward 2011 platinum status. Is this possible?
[/size]-------
[/size]
[/size]Hopefully they will do this.

I don't think it would make a difference, you didn't technically earn those coins and I don't think they would count the coins towards your status.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 22, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »

I emailed them back Thank You for such a wonderful gesture. As you know Club Nintendo year ends June 30th, I know you just added the coins but I was wondering if you could take them away and add them again on July 1st so these coins could count toward 2011 platinum status. Is this possible?

-------

Hopefully they will do this.

I don't think it would make a difference, you didn't technically earn those coins and I don't think they would count the coins towards your status.

We shall see.

so do the those coins evaporate July 1st? 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #824 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
The coins don't disappear, this is answered in the Club Nintendo FAQ. The only thing that happens on July 1 is that your status is reset; any coins you have will still be there  (but they won't count towards your status next year, you will have to earn the 600 coins and this is why some people who already have platinum status are holding back on registering anything since they want to apply the coins to next years status).