Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503097 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like Nintendo is prepping Club Nintendo in NA
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
You're mistaken.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2009, 05:18:06 PM »
No you keep your platinum status, I only have 150 gold coins now but still am platinum.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2009, 05:18:40 PM »
No you keep your platinum status, I only have 150 gold coins now but still am platinum.

Does it still show your total points for that "Nintendo year?"
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »
Yeah you click on my coins and it will show you.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
Oh, man.  I forgot how much I wanted that SNES Wii controller.  I hope they give us that option.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »
Oh, man.  I forgot how much I wanted that SNES Wii controller.  I hope they give us that option.

meh. i very much enjoy the classic controller for wii right now.

That's a relief, I was thinking you couldn't buy anything to get that award. I'm still going to wait to see if they update with more stuff. I hope they update it every once in a while. That would suck if it only updates once a nintendo year.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2009, 06:10:27 PM »

As cool as that would be, I'm fine with using the Classic Controller for SNES games even if the feel is slightly off.

However, if they offered a N64 style wii controller I'd buy it in freaking heartbeat. Hell i'd buy games i wouldn't play just to register them and redeem the points.

The more and more I play N64 games the more i realize how perfectly they played with their appropriate controller and nothing else. I was giving Star Fox and Mario Kart a go yesterday and didn't play for long because of how uncomfortable i was. For both games using the control stick in the position is in gets uncomfortable afterawhile, as well as using the A buttong. I tried playing Star Fox with my Cube controller after a handcramp, and although more comfortable, the L and R buttons of the cube controller aren't well suited for the rappid taps for continuous barrel rolls :(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
Remember what you got for getting together the points at the floating store in Wind Waker (at least the first few times)?
No I don't as I never tried for it. I'm guessing it was something useless...

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:28 AM »

As cool as that would be, I'm fine with using the Classic Controller for SNES games even if the feel is slightly off.

However, if they offered a N64 style wii controller I'd buy it in freaking heartbeat. Hell i'd buy games i wouldn't play just to register them and redeem the points.

The more and more I play N64 games the more i realize how perfectly they played with their appropriate controller and nothing else. I was giving Star Fox and Mario Kart a go yesterday and didn't play for long because of how uncomfortable i was. For both games using the control stick in the position is in gets uncomfortable afterawhile, as well as using the A buttong. I tried playing Star Fox with my Cube controller after a handcramp, and although more comfortable, the L and R buttons of the cube controller aren't well suited for the rappid taps for continuous barrel rolls :(

i know what you mean. I don't understand why Nintendo decided to not do L/R button on classic controller like L/R on SNES. It sort of feels like it has a small spring in it like a cube controller, but it doesn't.

i do love the control pad however. hours of mario rpg today it felt right. Now i don't get how cube controller on mk64 wouldn't work.

A to go, b for brake and L for items and R for jumps. Doesn't feel to odd at all.

Now I couldn't imagine playing playing Star Fox 64 without rumble, and since Nintendo REFUSES to use rumble in virtual console games for no reason, I never decided to download that.

If they can emulate rumble in Zelda 00T master quest/ Zelda collectors disk why is rumble on virtual console now impossible. Zelda 00T on cube controller took some time to get used to.

now playing star fox 64 and how often it used c buttons it would feel odd to flick up on c stick to move faster instead of pushing a button like Y.

Now this controller looks funny, but it felt sooooooooo good in the hands when playing n64 games.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/vskid3/d3158a32.jpg

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »
Remember what you got for getting together the points at the floating store in Wind Waker (at least the first few times)?
No I don't as I never tried for it. I'm guessing it was something useless...

You got the Laudatio Voucher (or so), redeeming it would make the shopkeeper dance around and praise you.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2009, 07:45:03 AM »
by the way when you buy something doesn't that change your status ? so all those who bought Game and Watch collection mean your NO LONGER Platinum members since you need to have x amount of coins to Y status ? So if you got 900 points and you take away 800 for Mr. game and watch that means your no longer a platinum member ? or am i mistaken

You are mistaken.  I have 10 coins currently and am a platinum member.

Oh, and regarding earlier discussion of shipping: I ordered my Game & Watch collection the day that Club Nintendo NA went live - so about two weeks ago.  Of course I'm on the opposite coast, and the site DID crash completely shortly after I got e-mail confirmation of my order.  I got the confirmation e-mail on 12-19 and got the package on 1-3.  Oh, and there were two holidays in between that would slow mail delivery.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »
Wait, the fact that I'm platinum will get me something eventually?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »
Wait, the fact that I'm platinum will get me something eventually?

Yes.  If you amass 600 or more points in a year (July 1 through June 30) you get free **** when the cycle starts anew.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »
it would make the shopkeeper dance around and praise you.
Depending on who they sent to do that, it might not be such a bad prize after all. ;)

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
I got my Super Mario DS game case and stylus set today.  It's amazing!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2009, 11:05:58 AM »
Still don't have my Game & Watch collection :(  Ordered it on January 3rd.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »
I game and Watched Your Mom

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2009, 08:10:11 PM »

lol wtf? That seems so out of character for you spak!

I think your dino-HAWTNESS went to your head.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »

Spak is now living on the edge.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »

It's because he can't do anything but read the threads, he's obviously eating his brain inside out.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »
Ha...it is outta character for me, but it was funny in my head, which means it was probably really stupid in print...

Nope just re-read it...still funny in my head.  Maybe age makes cheesy jokes better.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »
I just had a crap-ton of 10 coin Post-Play surveys show up in my to-do list.  Check your accounts!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
I got the same.  ;D

Since none of them expire until 2010 at the earliest I think I'm going to wait until July to complete any of them.  Achieving Platinum status was easy this year but next year's going to be much more difficult since I won't have a whole back log of games that automatically count.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
Agreed, we need to wait until the status resets to fill out surveys.  I've got 200 coins worth of surveys to fill out now.  Plus 2 Wii games I haven't registered yet.  I'll be platinum again by the end of summer! 

Sadly, my Artstyle games haven't registered yet.  My account and system are linked, as it knows I bough Rockband 2 songs recently, but I don't have any points for WiiWare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:01 AM »
One question; is there anyway to register your DS and Wii console? The info points to the old website, and whenever I try to insert the Wii's serial number it rejects it.

Am I too late or is Club Nintendo not accepting Wii registration?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer