Author Topic: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon  (Read 24254 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 03:29:41 PM »
They just need a little babying and a stat boost or two. In fact the first myrmidon you get in Shadow Dragon has turned out  to be pretty sweet for me. Maybe it's just luck but he maxed out two stats before I raised his class and I haven't given him any stat boosts yet. Jonathan from Sacred Stones turned out well for me too. Now, Edward from Radiant Dawn, I struggle to boost him and no amount of babying has worked so far in making him better.  :-\
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
I'm not saying they're horrible, but if you want a good sword user the Mercenary class is better in just about every way.  But as I already said, I love Myrmidons and use them even though they're not the "best" class.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 03:54:52 PM »
That's funny because I've never kept a mercenary around for long and I almost always have a myrmidon in my core party.
I never had a knight either until Shadow Dragon because I had grown so fond of the halberds from PoR/RD that I needed a spear unit. So I gave Draug two speed boosts and the 2+ movement bonus so now he is a lot faster.
My Game Collection

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »
Raven, the Mercenary unit from the GBA Fire Emblem, may have been one of the single greatest non-lord units in that game.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
Raven, the Mercenary unit from the GBA Fire Emblem, may have been one of the single greatest non-lord units in that game.

Really? I never used him. I'll have to try him out next time I play that one.
My Game Collection

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »

Really? I never used him. I'll have to try him out next time I play that one.

Oh yeah.  He has enough speed to double up most attacks, hits for large chunks of damage, rarely actually gets hit (even against spears), can rescue a large amount of the other characters, gets the use of axes at class change, and has a healthy amount of hit points.

His weaknesses?  He takes a good amount of damage from magic...but he never actually gets hit by it.  Especially if he has any kind of support with another character in effect.

Straight sick.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:18 PM »
Yeah, Raven broke the game.  He was awesome.  ;D

I have a feeling Ogma might do the same for this game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »
Yeah, Raven broke the game.  He was awesome.  ;D

I have a feeling Ogma might do the same for this game.

Naw, Ogma isn't anywhere near pimp enough.  In fact, most characters in this game are not overpowered like they are in other FE titles.  Marth gets really strong and most of your other characters can hold their own, but no one is over-the-top powerful like they are in GBA and GC/Wii FE's.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 02:02:58 AM »
I just broke level 20 with Marth.
I'm trying to have a wing of flying units for my final team including all the Pegasus and Draco Knights. Cadea is maxed at 20 and I'm waiting for the Elysian Whip to appear in the online store (tomorrow I think?) so I can make her a Falco Knight.

Does anyone know if there is a way to not kill Camus? I converted Lorenz and am on the next level but I still have a save on Camus' level and am wondering if you can save him.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:04:56 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to not kill Camus? I converted Lorenz and am on the next level but I still have a save on Camus' level and am wondering if you can save him.

Wall o' black boxes:
Nope, you are forced to kill him or capture the capital without killing him.  Capturing the capital is just about impossible due to his large movement range and his distance to you.  Just slaughter him because let's me honest, you weren't going to use him anyway.  :P
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »

Wall o' black boxes:
Nope, you are forced to kill him or capture the capital without killing him.  Capturing the capital is just about impossible due to his large movement range and his distance to you.  Just slaughter him because let's me honest, you weren't going to use him anyway.  :P

Ok, I've never played the game and have no idea if I'm about to not make any sense in the specifics of THIS situation, but...

Can you set up a trap for him? I mean, either use environmental barricades, or your own people (strong ones w/ weapons unequipped) to keep him from getting to you and letting you capture the capital? I used a similar tactic in FE:RD to keep a wyvern boss from dying and ending the level (until I was ready to kill him – that was the win condition of the map), thus letting me kill all the rest of the regular baddies for their experience, and steal their stuff at my leisure. It was tricky to set up, don't get me wrong... but it worked for me.

Just an idea...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:58:38 AM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 09:59:12 PM »

Wall o' black boxes:

Ok, I've never played the game and have no idea if I'm about to not make any sense in the specifics of THIS situation, but...

Can you set up a trap for him? I mean, either use environmental barricades, or your own people (strong ones w/ weapons unequipped) to keep him from getting to you and letting you capture the capital? I used a similar tactic in FE:RD to keep a wyvern boss from dying and ending the level (until I was ready to kill him – that was the win condition of the map), thus letting me kill all the rest of the regular baddies for their experience, and steal their stuff at my leisure. It was tricky to set up, don't get me wrong... but it worked for me.

Just an idea...

Just go around the West side.
You can convert the boss general with Cadea then just move him off the castle and move Marth onto it. But I just went ahead and killed him for EXP. And your right, I wasn't going to use him. I just didn't want Nyna to be sad. Though now that he's out of the way I can hook her up with Marth if they include the relationship system (though probably not since she doesn't appear to be a playable character)

LOL and the Wall-O-Black  :)
My Game Collection

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
He's worth good experience and has an awesome weapon, so it's a good idea to off him.  That's another big thing that bugs me about this game; no support system.  I understand that it wasn't introduced until later, but come on just add it and make me happy.  :)
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »
He's worth good experience and has an awesome weapon, so it's a good idea to off him.  That's another big thing that bugs me about this game; no support system.  I understand that it wasn't introduced until later, but come on just add it and make me happy.  :)

They added a lot of other things like the weapons triangle. I am wondering about the sequel though. Wasn't there a feature to pair up the characters and determine who their children were in it? I wonder if this could be the possible sequel where the story continues.

I really want to play all the old ones in any form whether it is a remake like Shadow Dragon or a translated VC release.
My Game Collection