Author Topic: PIKMIN 2 screens (and kirbys air ride screens)  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
PIKMIN 2 screens (and kirbys air ride screens)
« on: February 24, 2003, 11:50:49 PM »
OMG! Exclusive to Nintendo Finland!!!!!

PIKMIN 2 HAS MULTIPLAYER!!!!

EDIT: Nintendo America got the scoop to, with much better looking screenshots http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles.jsp?articleID=8311

Offline Lord Darkus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 12:43:09 AM »
Hmmm.... Very Interesting....  

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 02:50:14 AM »
Where does it say its exclusine to Nintendo Finland?  I better be getting MY Pikmin 2.
it was time for a change.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 03:29:21 AM »
Kirby's Air Ride looks pretty good, IMO. If it's like F-Zero, then I say I'm interested.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 04:22:01 AM »
Kirby's Air Ride was originally a cancelled title for the N64 wasn't it.
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline Calibretto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 04:33:30 AM »
The pictues of Pikmin 2 must be of a very early build, because the level looks no where as good as the orignal's level grapics.  They'll fix it up before launch no doubt, though.  Anyway, I wish I could see more on Kirby's Air Ride.  Of course we all know what Pikmin is about, but is Kirby's Air Ride a racer?  I assume so.  But they already have Mario Kart on the way, so that would be neat if Kirby's Air Ride was Nintendo's take on extreme skateboarding or snowboarding games.  Or Starboarding in this case.  Tony Hawk with Kirby instead.  But I doubt that is the case.  
Also, wasn't Kirby's Air Ride in development even all the way back at the last days of the N64?  I seem to remember that it was going to come out for the 64.  
"This makes the master of the Gun-Katas an opponent not to be taken lightly..."

Offline Ajguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 07:47:45 AM »
As I recall, Kirby's Air Ride was going to be an N64 racing game who's big plug was randomly generated tracks, so it was never the same. I remember seeing screens of Kirby and Kind Dedede racing around.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 08:41:46 AM »
kirbys airride excites me as much as, well, the fact that i have joghurt in my refrigerator

Pikmin 2 could be great but so far the graphics suck
But what I really want is F-Zero, and Mario 128
LZ 2005

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 08:50:46 AM »
This may be just a wild guess, but I believe Nintendo's take on "extreme snowboarding" is called 1080: Avalanche.  

Just a hunch.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 10:10:22 AM »
i thought kirby's air ride looked like an adventure game and that star thing is a hover board type deal.
Deftones own.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 10:28:53 AM »
i have a strong feeling Kirbys Airride is just a cheap way of milking nintendo franchises, which is their very good right
LZ 2005

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 10:41:32 AM »
Kirby's airride has promise, but it depends what they do with it.  Kirby has always just been a "have fun" franchise.  The games were moderately easy, ranging from adventure to things like tilt&tumble and Kirby's Dream Course.  The Crystal Shard mini games were very silly, but unnervingly fun.  This could just be another fun game for Kirby.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 11:09:43 AM »
Im not saying its gonna suck, but I think Nintendo knows it will appeal to a certain crowd of younger gamers(especially in japan) and the graphics indicate that not alot of effort has been put into the port. This will probably be one of those games that gets a 28/40 or maybe way less from Famitsu, sells like 150 000 copies and still brings in money for Nintendo.
LZ 2005

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2003, 11:21:13 AM »
Yeah, I'm not even sure if I'm going to get it. . . Kirby rocks, but I'm not sure what racing games I'm getting for GC yet (F-Zero, Mario Kart, Kirby's Air Ride?!  ARGH!).
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline babble

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2003, 11:28:14 AM »
If you can only get one, go for Mario Kart.
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2003, 11:37:18 AM »
That's what I figure, too.  F-zero looks great, but not very elaborate.  The only sort of variation I see other than track design is boosting.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2003, 11:56:07 AM »
There's weapons included, too, and bumping is a more vital gameplay element compared to Mario Kart, as you can destroy your opponents in Fzero with a good bump.

But yeah.  There won't be a battle mode in Fzero.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2003, 11:59:26 AM »
I have a two minute video, and all it showed was boosting, but I believe you.  I suppose I'll have to think about it.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2003, 12:17:36 PM »
It looks like Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride could be the LAN games that PGC was talking about.

if you look at this Pikmin pic, there is no split screen. Maybe they combine the screens if they are close, but I highly doubt that.

I mentioned Kirby because it was announce the same time as Pikmin and I remember it having a 4 player split screen.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2003, 12:37:23 PM »
maybe you can control both of them in one player mode or he is cp controlled
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2003, 01:03:53 PM »
Randomly generated tracks?  That sounds amazing.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2003, 01:22:12 PM »
It could be an ingame cut scene.  But there is interface icons on that shot....  So maybe it is LAN.  Also it could just remove the split when the players are close to each other.  It could be that you can play Split Screen or LAN.  I mean Nintendo isn't stupid enough to make a multiplayer game that can only be played through LAN.  Even Halo was split screen.  Personally I would hope that all Multiplayer games would have a LAN option at some point.  Because there is never a time when Split Screen is better than Full screen.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2003, 01:36:01 PM »
there is split screen. There is a horizontal split in one of the shots. I'm just saying that it also supports LAN because of that one shot.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2003, 01:37:05 PM »
I have no real interest in Pikmin 2.
The first screen of Kirby's Air Ride I saw was him racing in some checkered track. It looked pretty big. The next one was similar to the ones we have now (the ones with Link's hat). This game was actually one of the first (if not the first) game announced for the N64. It was canceled, i think, because it was too cute, and not really what NIntendo wanted to launch the N64 with - so we got Mario 64 instead.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2003, 01:44:04 PM »
That's true. . . if the tracks are randomly generated, I'm compelled to buy it.  Be interesting, and it would always be fair to new people.