Author Topic: Its All Work Related!!  (Read 32050 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: It's All Work Related....
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
My favorite has to be the Chia-keyboard.  Definitely.  You really need to create and market those.  I'm not kidding.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
I wish I could find the "Monument to work place aggression" office prank pic. I don't even remember what it was or where it may be hidden.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2007, 10:38:51 AM »
You found it!  Great Jearb!  I can't believe you killed the desk!  Nothing bad happened in retaliation to you creating a giant, Keyboard-sized whole in a work desk?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »
(A)  I'm sure there's not a hole in the desk.  The keyboard was probably just cut in half and affixed to either side of the desk so it looked like it was lodged in there.  Must like with those silly arrow headbands.

(B)  It's probably a photo that was found on the Internet or in an e-mail forward; I doubt any of these pictures (except maybe the packing labels) were actually taken at BnM's place of employment.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »
I get the impression from BnM that he's done most of this stuff himself, at least if I remember some of the PM's we've had correctly.   I've been forced to delet most of them, though, so I'm not too sure.  I thought the same thing about the keyboard, but then I saw the saw dust on the computer beneath the desk, which made me have second thoughts about it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 11:06:47 PM »
those pictures were not taken by me nor were they taken at my office.The only pics provided by me were the ones scanned in personally. Everything else was given to me by e-mail. As much as I would like to have done all of that or have taken pics of the pranks I have done, I didn't.

Although  we did turn our bosses office into the kitchen once, we never actually took pictures of it. People did actually come into his office to microwave food,  make coffee and get water, so it was a worthy April Fools joke,, but I didn't actually take a picture.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 06:49:07 PM »
I just found the last post-it note pic and thought since this is the last time I'll probably be updating this thread, I might as well throw this in just for the hell of it.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »
Now that is awesome.  And something I may be able to try some day!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
Label #7: The Final Label: Primative Delivery

Its highly unimaginative and more a jab at my <now previous>job than an attempt at being funny or creative.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: Corporate Lessons
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »
Another work related project has been sent to me (about 6 months ago) so I thought maybe I should post it here for all of you to see.

The Cardboard Cubicle Project *Part 1*

Lets take the tour....

The Cardboard Cubicle

Enter The Cubicle

I'm not sure if you remember, but you've seen this pic before

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: Its All Work Related!!
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 01:20:44 AM »
The Cardboard Cubicle Project *Part 2*

Someone had alot of free time on their hands

Made from 100% recyclable materials.....

The Award and Motivational picture!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
The Cardboard Cubicle Project * Part 3*

What!?...You don't have a fridge in your cubicle?

The most comfortable chair $$$ could but wouldn't buy

How do you power all those top of those energy saver, !00% recyclable, "electronics"?

The End!?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:14:15 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
Flame worthy cubicle.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:01 PM »
LOL, What is the error on the computer screen? I can't read it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
That's pretty awesome. It must have taken them quite some time to construct all of that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2009, 04:52:41 AM »
I'm going to use the post-it note one at some point.

the staple-sleeping-man's-tie one was pretty funny as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »
If you have an hilarious work related stories, this is the place to share em.

I find it weird that I wasn't the one to bump this thread.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
Funny work related stories? Sure!

These are just quickies though, i'll post some really good ones eventually (unless i realize i've shared them on these forums before).

For over a year this one guy at work knew me as Alex, and I don't know why, but i just ran with it. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world and begged the people i work closely with not to ever say anything. Then one day, about a week or so before he quit, someone messed up and told him.

He was in one of the upstairs office, with all our female operators, and happened to ask about me, can called me Alex of course. The girl he was speaking to, Liz, looked at him confused and pointed to the one guy they have working in that office, who is also named Alex. He goes "no, not that Alex, where's the young fellow who sits at the desk down-stairs?"
Liz was still confused by this, not sure why because she knows that he thinks I'm Alex.. it gets to the point where this poor guy is describing me to her just to get a clue in her head of who the **** i am. She finally blurts it out.. "oh.. Alex? Thats not Alex, thats Mike!"

If only i coulda seen the look on his face... Liz called me as soon as the poor guy left, and tells me what just happened, or rather she tries to tell me between laughs. Somehow, i went the rest of the day without seeing this guy but the next morning, bright and early, he walks in and as always has to pass by my desk to get to his and i say "Goodmorning!" with such enthusiasm. He has a smirk on his face, then a serious look and asks "why didn't you ever tell me? I've been calling you Alex for so long now." and thats when i stole a joke from a comedian (wish i could remember his name to give credit where its due) and said

"Well, you liked me as Alex. We were friends as Alex and i didn't want to change that." and kinda improvised from there. We shared a laugh but for the next few days until he left, I could tell he felt a little awkward and embarrassed. I felt bad for him but hey, it was still damn funny.

Oh, and one time i joked around with that girl Liz and said something about her being pregnant. Well i learned you gotta be careful about what you joke around cuz when certain nosey people are around, and they don't know how you joke around, they'll run with things they overhear and spread them as truths. Basicaly word got around that she was having a baby and a recently fired coworker of ours was the father.. LOL! She had people congratulating her and didn't know why.. ;D
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
next morning, bright and early, he walks in and as always has to pass by my desk to get to his and i say "Goodmorning!" with such enthusiasm. He has a smirk on his face, then a serious look and asks "why didn't you ever tell me? I've been calling you Alex for so long now." and thats when i stole a joke from a comedian (wish i could remember his name to give credit where its due) and said

"Well, you liked me as Alex. We were friends as Alex and i didn't want to change that." and kinda improvised from there. We shared a laugh but for the next few days until he left, I could tell he felt a little awkward and embarrassed. I felt bad for him but hey, it was still damn funny.

I knew exactly where this was going as soon as the story started. I can picture the comedian in my head telling the joke, but I can't remember a name.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »
next morning, bright and early, he walks in and as always has to pass by my desk to get to his and i say "Goodmorning!" with such enthusiasm. He has a smirk on his face, then a serious look and asks "why didn't you ever tell me? I've been calling you Alex for so long now." and thats when i stole a joke from a comedian (wish i could remember his name to give credit where its due) and said

I knew exactly where this was going as soon as the story started. I can picture the comedian in my head telling the joke, but I can't remember a name.

Wow its weird you were replying to my post because when i noticed this thread got bumped, i pictured the comedian in my head and it only took me two seconds to remember the name:

Mike Birbiglia
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
I'm surprised your coworker was more pissed. I know from experience that girls and pregnancy jokes don't mix.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
I'm surprised your coworker was more pissed. I know from experience that girls and pregnancy jokes don't mix.

Well she kinda started the jokes. I never make fun of peoples physical traits unless I know they're not sensitive, and at the time i'd worked with this girl to know she wasn't. On top of that she brought the topic up, saying how the dress she wore looked like a pregnancy gown. If she didn't already joke about herself I wouldn't of joked about her round middle lol

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
Chapter IV: Pranks to Play when a Co-Worker's Away

Prank #1: Post-It Notes

Put post-it notes around the office

C'mon, put them everywhere

And I mean EVERYWHERE!!!

Can't forget the floor.

Or all the computer equipment

Now go for the punchline

MEGA BUMP!!!

I just wanted to say that a recent co-worker just did a variation of this prank on another co-worker.

Instead of plasting post it notes absolutely everywhere, she put one on each item on teh desk labeling what it was (i.e. Phone, Monitor, soda, stapler, keyboard, etc etc.) and then on the last post it note stuck the back paper, she wrote "BTW, you are all out of post-it notes"

He was quite amused.

and another running prank they had for new people was a keyboard that they would switch out that had all the keys put in different places. Most of them never seem to understand quite what is wrong and they get frustrated that their log-in password is not working.
I guess it's apparent that they are not expert typers and don't know QWERTY and key placements by heart.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
CTRL, ALT, Arrow Key

- Flip your co-worker's screen upside down, and if they don't know what you did, watch as they come back to their desk completely confused.

Additionally, if a co-worker walks away from their desk without locking their computer, take a screenshot of their desktop, & use that screenshot as their desktop background.  Then hide the task bar & icons.  They'll come back and be confused why nothing works.  Watch them lose their minds as they think their computer froze, then restart and find it hasn't fixed anything, then have to call the help desk hotline.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
I like that last one, we used to do the first one all the time.

Another one they would do if you left your computer unlocked was send out a plausible but ridiculous email to a group of people in the office that would hopefully get the joke, and maybe a few that won't, but would go up to the person in question and show concern, leaving the target confused as they have no idea what they are talking about as long as no one replied to the email and/or the target never checked their email.