Author Topic: iQue Goes Online  (Read 1678 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
iQue Goes Online
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:05:50 AM »
Chinese iQue owners can download new games onto their units via a PC connected to the internet.

Our import partners at Lik-Sang have revealed all the details on Nintendo's latest upgrade to their N64 game player device.

With the purchase of a special online-enabled flash card and the iQue USB connector cable, iQue owners will be able to download new games onto their flash memory cards used to store games to play on the system, as opposed to getting new games from kiosks in stores that carry the iQue.  The cost to download new games (outside of the special hardware) is the same as getting them at the kiosks.

Along with this new downloading games option, the N64 import hit Sin and Punishment is also now available for the unit.  If you want to get all the details on the "online" features of the Nintendo iQue, check out the Lik-Sang news story.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: iQue Goes Online
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 09:56:15 AM »
Whoa, I almost forgot this thing existed. I should get one simply because of the fact it is a obscure/rare Nintendo product. And it has a cool looking controller!
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »
Slight correction: It is a cool looking controller. The iQue is just the controller.

Offline Kirby_PopStar

• Touches Nintendo DS at night.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 07:56:21 PM »
That's what I meant. -- But, it does have controllers for it that are just controllers, right? Like, those black family pack ones...
Famicom Commemorate -- Coming Soon!