Author Topic: Nintendo DS Launch Details  (Read 34235 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo DS Launch Details
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2004, 09:03:57 PM »
except for those of us that would actually want to enjoy the movie and sit back on the couch with surround sound.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline fun2program8

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo DS Launch Details
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2004, 06:31:22 AM »
From,
Jacob

Offline fun2program8

• View Profile
From,
Jacob

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2004, 07:25:45 AM »
What?  It's true, so stop worrying...(Considering Ninty has put out a press release about it, it's on their website, etc...)

(Aha, there's a link to PGC in there)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2004, 11:06:41 AM »
Yeah, much of the thread is trying to figure out how we had it posted Monday night when the announcement was Tuesday.  It's pretty simple really.  The official announcement was dated the 21st and Nintendo held their teleconference that morning, but they made the press release available just after the Japanese news conference, and it was still Monday night in a few US time zones.  I replied in the NOA thread about it too.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline past pixel

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2004, 05:42:12 PM »
did u guys noticed that some where in the site it says desktop tools what it can be?
http://img69.exs.cx/img69/1520/omg2.jpg

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2004, 10:02:19 PM »
A screen saver.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2004, 03:35:52 PM »

If psp launches WITH advent children...

wow....that'd be killer...totally killer...they wouldn't need any good launch titles and they'd still sell by the truckload

Um, where did you see PSP launching with FF:AC?

FF:AC might be out for the PSP launch, but I've never heard anything about a pack-in. Assuming that is what you meant. If all you meant was that FF:AC will be out at the same time PSP: So what? Who is going to be stupid enough to buy a movie on a proprietary format like UMD, when they can buy a DVD?

Also, I'm curious, has anyone asked sony about rewinding movies? I know I'll very often run back if I miss a line or something. I wonder if Sony has factored that in at all.  
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2004, 03:01:23 AM »
Rewinding? Of course, but it will take one minute off your battery life each time you do it .

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2004, 01:19:14 PM »

huh??

*confused about the rewinding thing*

what i meant by advent children is yeah, if it were a pack-in, a lot of people would buy it. Would I? Heck no, but a lot of other people would I think.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2004, 01:30:30 PM »
Over at GCadvanced.com they came up on the PSP price. It is considerably higher than the DS, more than doubling it. This is probably the best news Nintendo could have been hoping for.

Link
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2004, 01:48:37 PM »
I seriously doubt Sony is that stupid.

Even if it's 350 though, people will buy it.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2004, 02:54:31 PM »
I seem to remember what happened the last time a company tried to release a "Multimedia" system for really high prices.  Anyone else remember the 3DO?  I had completley forgotten about it, until my roomate for college showed up with one.  Sony is shooting themselves in the foot, here.  Of course, considering what they are trying to do,  they are screwed no matter which way they go.  Lose money if they go too cheap, lose customers if they charge too high.   The PSP just seems...like a bad idea, wrapped in a moronic assumption.  

However...I doth want that DS.  I'm selling my Dreamcast and my GBA, and going without real food for a month.  But I will have that DS.    
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2004, 03:28:42 PM »
Food for a month a GBA and a Dreamcast should go for a lot more than a DS.  Anyway I don't forsee sony including anything in the PSP.  It'll come bare for however much it'll cost and you'll have to buy games for extra if you want to use it.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2004, 04:38:22 PM »
I dunno...I'm getting a clean $50 for the DC, but since I bought my GBA SP used, and it has a slight defect, I'll consider myself lucky if I can get $25 for it.  

Still.  Thats halfway there.  No complaints on my part.  
==
Well...maybe Sony will wise up.  I mean...Nintendo has basically done everything it could to blow the PSP out of the water, and Sony isn't going to take this sitting down.  I really don't see Sony taking a huge blow to profits just to compete with the DS, so they'll probably throw in a game with it, or maybe a free movie offer.

Someone said they might offer FF:AC with it.  ...if I were Sony, that would be exactly what I would do.  It seems to be the only way they can even think to compete.  AC is the kind of "event" that could sell a system, if done right, and Sony could bundle that in and minimize losses, while keeping some semblance of competition with The Big N.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.