Author Topic: Weezer - Pork and Beans (new self titled album June 3rd)  (Read 17097 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Weezer - Pork and Beans (new self titled album June 3rd)
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »
Booooooo. Everyone in the Offspring is like 50 now anyway, they're a bunch of old men, they should have more talent. Seriously, Dexter is 43.

Your gonna be there some day. Jesus ya hater.

The album overall is not my bag a chips.  They've decided to go more modern rock-ish, it's very political, and it isn't the Offspring I find amazingly awesome, they've gotten real serious in this album.  Even more so than in Splinter.  If your wondering what kind of Offsping is my Offspring is any Offspring song that makes me laugh or puts me in a confident good mood. Something I listen to with the windows rolled down.  Not this.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »
Everybody Get Dangerous is **** and anyone who things otherwise is an idiot.  It's almost as bad as We Are All On Drugs.

Count me as an idiot because that song is hysterical to me. Is it lyrically fantastic and the song to end all songs? No. Hell no. But it is very fun.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 05:57:44 PM »
So's the Chicken Dance.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »
So's the Chicken Dance.

So you're not a fan of the Chicken Dance?
I mean, I'm not that much of a fan, but if its playing at some public place I'm not going to cover my ears and scream.
But then again, I'm still an idiot for liking a goofy Weezer song so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »
nron10 - you're staff and you have the swear filter on? You're missing out on all the fun!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
got the album. listened to it this morning on the way to work and got up to "Everybody Get Dangerous" I like it so far.
Speaking of that song, its not bad. It has a mid 90s feel to it when the early rap/rock stuff was coming out before it became too mainstream.

So far my favorite song is "Heart Songs" that track blew me away. Its a great ballad thats NOT about a girl. Reminds me of "thank you" by the Descendents because of what the songs about, but they have two completely different sounds. Can't decide which one i like more!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 02:05:55 PM »
Heart Songs, FTW. King is really good too, on the deluxe version. Angel and the One is another great ballad (this one is about a girl...2 in fact), that feels a lot like Only in Dreams towards the end.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008, 02:08:19 PM »
P.S. Upon another listen, I like the Angel and the One a lot...very much like Only in Dreams except for, ya know, 14 years later.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »
the last two post make me really want to skip to the end of the album after i get out of work in an hour... Only in Dreams is one of my favorite songs ever. It's not just a song or a ballad, its a musical experience. the climax of the song is one of the best i've ever heard and if i had to put together a top 10 list, it'd easily be in the top 5 spot.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Well it's not quite as intense, it just has the slow build up, and the way the drums were recorded are basically identical.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »
Well it's not quite as intense, it just has the slow build up, and the way the drums were recorded are basically identical.

i wish i would of read that before i hyped myself for Only In Dreams type awesomeness. I was dissapointed due to hype. It's a good song, Only In Dreams clearly kicks its ass.

Oh and im surprised on ones mentioned this yet. Worst Weezer album art ever? I know its not much since its just the band with a colored background (for the third time) but they all look stupid. They look like they don't want to be in the picture (which i actually find kinda funny) and Rivers and Brian have stupid hats on. Im not used to Rivers with a mustache either.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »
They took that picture as a joke, and decided to use it anyway. I'd rate the Green Album's cover below this, because Mikey Welsh is a crazy bastard. Seriously, he went insane.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
They took that picture as a joke, and decided to use it anyway. I'd rate the Green Album's cover below this, because Mikey Welsh is a crazy bastard. Seriously, he went insane.

Oh i know all about Mikey. According to Wiki he was a no-show at Rivers wedding, useless trivia that probably isn't related to him being a crazymcfucknut (thanks Maverick!). I'd actually rate Greens cover over this one because they all look normal (save for mikey of course). I just hate the hat and stache so much!