Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 483300 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #2350 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »
Did you get enough pale extract GK. I think today might be the last day for the Ala event. It has been 3 days since it showed up.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 06, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
Actually yeah got 4 or 5 of them so the less times I get carted, the more times I can do it. I'll try & make it tonight at around midnight EST. Plenty of time for an Ala hunt or two since Capcom goes by PST.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2352 on: July 06, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »
Sounds great GK. I'll be on then.Maybe even a little before then.I'll post on here that I am on.

I just made a support sword and shield setup just a little while ago.It works with all swords and shields. No slots needed.
Here is the armor pieces.
Alloy + helm, Helios+ Mail,Alloy + Vambraces, Vangus coil and Alloy + Greaves. To make the whole set complete you need a 7 sharpener with one slot tali. I currently only have a 6 sharpener with one slot so I can't use one of the skills. The completed skills are Sharpness+1,Earplugs,Speed Sharpener,Trap Master and Critical Eye +1.I currently have all those skills except for Critical Eye +1 on my set right now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2353 on: July 06, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
Playing Tri right now.Helping out a low rank friend. Still have room right now.

Room is full now.

Have room for 2 more now.

GK we have room now.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:18:27 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2354 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:42 AM »
Well I tried out my set and I think it was pretty good.I even fought Jho with it using the Ala Star. For those that played with me tonight how did it work out for you? I tried to place the bombs in a place where they wouldn't cause that many problems but I may have set some off on you guys. should I just stick with the para sword for low rank monsters and the correct element for high rank monsters? Which do you think would be more benificial for high rank?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: July 07, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
When I fight Jho with that Damascus set I have the Bombardier skill so I'm kind of used to getting blown up. I think the part where we really tripped over each other was when Jho was asleep & we both set our shock traps beside him at the same time.

As far as element vs para goes, they both work really. Element for the damage it puts out but para keeps a monster still & lets everyone have some free shots at it. Personally, I only use my para longsword during Red Hot Party & that Lagiacrus/Rathalos arena event where the best options for one monster isn't the best for the other(s). When in elemental doubt, go status.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2356 on: July 07, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
Yeah I could have mentioned I was setting a trap then. But yeah when I used to not have a range of elemental weapons I would just use a non elemental weapon.It tends to work well as most non elemental weapons have a pretty good Raw.

Also during the Lagi and Rathlos event quest you can use Dragon weapons since both are weak to them. Lagi has a secondary weakness to Dragon. Dragon is the main weakness to Rathlos. I usually don't use my para long sword that much. I tend to use my nearly all status weapon set when helping with Rank 4,2 and 1 urgents. I tend to use it when I am supporting the team and I try to let others get most of the damage.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2357 on: July 07, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
Did anyone want to play today? I kinda want to help out the players that haven't really played that much lately like Kytim, ejamer, apdude and Toruresu among others here.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: July 07, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »
It happens. A keyboard isn't so useful in spur of the moment situations & with Wii speak the way it is... Surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often honestly.

Yeah, I recall when that event first came out I tried doing it with my Epitaph Great Sword. Didn't work as well as I thought plus I didn't have an armor set to really compliment it & defend against both monsters. Lagi set gave the element attack a boost but left me vulnerable to fire & my Rath set of course made me Lagi chow. Rather than make a new set for just one event, I just use the para sword with the Yamato armor. Mild protection against Rath fire & decent enough defense to survive Lagi's lightning.

Might be on later tonight when I get back from GW.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2359 on: July 07, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
Okay GK I keep an eye out  for a post from you about getting on.

At the moment I am reading through this huge topic. It is just nice to see how I was playing about a year ago or so when I started playing Tri. Fun memories so far.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: July 07, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »
I've lost all focus on MH3 lately.

Dumb real life stuff: We just "finished" buying a house and are getting ready to move again at the end of the month. At least it's a close move this time, staying in the same town instead of driving across the country. Work has been rough too, and I'm behind and trying desperately to catch up - lots of extra hours being put in there. My Wii is still showing a corrupt files error about half the time we turn it on... but that's not such a big deal. Just try a couple times and it'll work eventually. Maybe after the move I'll send it out for repairs.

So what does all that mean?  I'm in for tonight if others are.  Just don't ask me to make any decisions - I'm purely along for the ride to help others collect or grind of whatever they want.  (My only goal is building up HR anyway.)

(On the upside, I have been loving A Boy and His Blob when there has been gaming time over the past month. Must be halfway though by now, maybe 75%...)
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: July 07, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
Did anybody want to play tonight? Maybe a better question is does anybody want to hunt with a drunk hunter.

Aw crap. I missed the MH3 drunken kung-fu session?  ;D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2362 on: July 07, 2011, 03:11:20 PM »
Glad you can play tonight ejamer.I am always up for playing. I personally don't need much just some arena stuff and some rare talismans.I also am kinda working on getting gold crown monsters.I can do that myself since I only need Peco and Baggi gold crowns. What Hunter Rank are you at the moment?

Yeah that was after I went out for my birthday. I think I was fighting Alatreon a few times when I started feeling sick and sore in my stomach and back respectively.I pretty much felt better after I  had some rest and lots of Ginger Ale.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »
What Hunter Rank are you at the moment?

49 I think... haven't checked since the last time I was gaming with you.

I'm good to look for crowns or try arena (although have probably only done a half dozen or fewer arena fights so far).

Also, is this thread epic or what? Closing in on 100 pages. Not sure what the record is for NWR, but this must be top 3...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2364 on: July 07, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
Well as far as game topics goes it is 4th behind Smash Bros Brawl, Animal Crossing:City Folk and The Conduit.Any way I really only need to get 6 pinacle coins from the arena. Those for some reason are harder to get for me then Hunter King Coins.

We shall try to fight lots of different monsters tonight so you can get different parts. Got a time in mind that you can play?

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: July 07, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »
Anytime after 6pm Pacific.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2366 on: July 07, 2011, 04:18:53 PM »
Sounds good ejamer. I'll get on then. Still reading through this topic right now and well I'm just getting back lots of good memories from hunts.Like beating GK's urgent with 3 hunters.No sleepbombing done.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2367 on: July 08, 2011, 12:48:53 AM »
Oh no I'm so bad. ejamer and kytim I'll try getting on now. I swear I have that thing where you just fall asleep all of a sudden.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2368 on: July 08, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »
Lets try this again with less fail from me. I'll get on at 6pm PST tonight is anybody wants to play then.Today is Friday so maybe we can play late into the morning.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: July 08, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
LOL... No problem. I ended up just messing around online a little bit. Nothing too exciting outside of remembering which button does what. After not seeing anyone for about 90 minutes, figured that something else came up and called it a night.

Not sure if I can get on tonight or not, but will definitely try.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2370 on: July 08, 2011, 08:35:50 AM »
Note to self. Don't browse the internet in your room with the lights off while laying in your bed.Doesn't end well in most cases. Hmm I think last night while I was sleeping I was trying to come up with different combonations of skills for different sets in my sleep.

If anybody has certain skills they want to use in a set I'll try to come up with the armor pieces and the like for said skills for the armor. Just make sure you let me know which tali you have so I can actually make it work for you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2371 on: July 08, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
Gonna get on and play in about 15 mins. Also I'm going to make Saturday my day to do offline stuff.I have my second character and well I intend to make that one an experimental skills character.So I'm going to try and be creative with that character.

Getting on now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:59:19 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2372 on: July 10, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
Hey everyone! Jhen + is in town. If anybody wants to do it let me know. I'm going to be over at the chat at Nintemple.com at 3pm PST so if you want to do this let me know before then.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2373 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Anybody want to play today?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 11, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
I want to play this week, but probably tomorrow night?  If I can get on tonight I'll post here first.