Author Topic: come list Games ideas  (Read 11717 times)

Offline Hooboo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
come list Games ideas
« on: November 12, 2004, 07:49:14 AM »
OK people come here and list all your game ideas maybe a few good ones will come up.

hooboo

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
RE:come list Games ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 10:54:16 AM »
Super Smash Brother DS:

An Obvious must. Not only is this a fairly new and unused franchise for Nintendo, it seems as if it's one of Nintendo's strongest multiplayer game. With the touch screen, this game could become fierce and competitive. The extra screen could provide a better look at the entire screen (something that is a problem with other SSB games). Using proprietary or Wi-Fi connections, multiplayer would be revolutionary, in some aspect. You could even download patches or extra characters via wi-fi servers. An online matchmaking client is definately need though in my opinion.

Legend of Zelda DS:

Possibly a new 2D, or even more demanding 3D adventure handled by Nintendo, not Capcom. This doesn't need to utilize any of the DS features except it's higher end graphics.

There's a couple more suggestions I'm going to make tonight, one of which I'm really trying to get some hope for it.

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 06:51:52 PM »
Do you really think that you would be able to download patches and charaters for games using the wi-fi connection?  Cause if so thats a great idea! games could be constantly upgraded and bettered by downloading patches. Brilliant idea~!~!

<<
>>

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

games could be constantly upgraded and bettered by downloading patches. Brilliant idea~!~!

It's a good idea on paper, but when you get right down to it, it tends to be more of a letdown than a perk, some developers will release a game before it's really ready and just make patches later.  I've also noticed that with xbox live, i get the feeling that instad of adding new levels, they just don't give you the levels that they already have, then give the levels to you online, and call it a benifit. If i were a developer I probably would not want to keep designing a game after it's done.

In RPG/Magic sytle games, i think the microphone would make a great way of casting spells, so you don't have to scroll through a menu in the heat of battle. You could simply say "Fireball of DOOM" or "Telekenetic Wedgie" or whatever spells would really exist.  
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: come list Games ideas
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 08:27:52 PM »
Grant: Voice Recognition is so bad you'd probably get "Grand Heal" when saying "Fireball of Doom".

I'm for a survival horror game:
Your character and environment is on the bottom screen, on the top is your "PDA". Your character has only one weapon, a handgun loaded with sacred bullets. In order to kill enemies, you cannot randomly fill them with bullets, you have to construct a "seal", that means hitting certain points of the enemy in a certain order. Your PDA will help you with that, showing the seal configs for known enemies and recording your progress discovering them on unknown enemies (a seal point hit out of order is marked in red, seal points hit in order are white and connected with a line showing you the order, the first point is blue). Weaker baddies have maybe 1-4 seal points (before you learn about seals you get told to "aim for the head" because the first enemies have only one seal point that is located there), larger ones much more and end bosses require multiple seals to be performed upon them. Seal combinations are randomly generated when you start a new game. Hitting a spot that is not the next seal point in order will reset your progress in forming the seal, completed seals on bosses stay completed.
To aim, you lock onto an enemy with L and then touch the places you wish to shoot. You cannot move while locked on (or maybe you can but need to keep still to shot, has to be tested ingame). The DPad could be used to select targets or something (alternative selection would be hold L and touch an enemy) if dodging is decided against. Ammunition becomes sparse later on so you have to be rather accurate at forming seals.
Perhaps have enemies later on that have different seal combinations for each instance (meaning that zombie that looks just like the one you just killed has a different seal config) and some kind of psychic aide that you need to protect that can find out the seal configs for you without you wasting any bullets. Perhaps a coop multiplayer mode where a second player gets to play this aide.

EDIT: Oh, and while not locked on you look around by "dragging" on the touchscreen.

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 09:50:21 PM »
Well, I'm sure 3rd party developers will abuse the download feature, but Nintendo, well, if they decide to support that throughout their games, I don't see it happening. This came to me after learning that the Metroid Hunters: First Hunt was actually downloaded to the DS not a seperate game.  

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 06:54:37 AM »

Grant: Voice Recognition is so bad you'd probably get "Grand Heal" when saying "Fireball of Doom".

That's probably for the best. I don't think I should be trusted with any fireballs, much less anything from the 'of DOOM' genere. I probably needed to heal anyway.

but seriously, i think voice recognition has gotten really good lately, in office 2003 (and the version right before it) the voice recognition can pick up about 95% of what i say accuratly, and that's picking from every word in the english launguage. this will just be picking from a list of, say, 20 or so spells. however, now that  you mention it, it would be good to have a failsafe, an option that dosn't cast the spell right away, but tells you what spell you picked and you manually press b (or even R ) so that way no one is needlessly healing their allies when there are perfectly good fireballs to doomatize people with.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 07:42:19 AM »
"bark like a dog"
"big dog WOOF WOOF or little arf arf?"
"big dog."
"there's no time for that."
The joys of voice recognition gaming.  *lifeline*
This game has some great moments of recognition. but whenever you need to do anything the recognition is awful.  I'm not sure how good the DS's mic is, but developers would have to do stupid amounts of tests to get any game with that amount of recognition.

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 07:53:10 AM »
I think of all the features the microphone is sorta the most useless and annoying actually.  

Have y'all ever seen those N-Gage commercials where those guys are playing N-Gage in a public place and they suddenly yell something like "GET DOWN!" and everyone is sorta freaked out?  Well what if you were in a public place and started yelling "DOOM!  FIRE! ATTACK!"  Not a very reasonable thing to do IMO.  Not to mention that there are other outside noises that could interupt and as Malificent Ogre pointed out, voice recognition is a bitch.  
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 11:35:12 AM »
The why not just have two ways of casting spells, if you want to you may set on the voice to cast spells and if your in a public place use the control pad to select your spell.

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 02:11:31 PM »
Punchout DS

This would work with two thumbstraps.

You lay two thumbs on the bottom screen and move them to move.  You maybe then apply pressure to hit or use the L/R buttons to hit.  It would work exactly like Mocap boxing but better.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 03:05:19 PM »
Punchout would be a great game, and would be bought by a lot of old fans of the series, we haven't gotten a Punchout since the SNES (not counting the GBA NES Classic release)

Here's another great title that would work well, almost perfect:

Mario Paint

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »
HA thats a classic, good idea only i think they should improve mario paint a bit then put it on.

So simple why didnt i come up with that?

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 03:34:53 PM »
Oh, you're lucky this thread turned into something decent, also try to add a bit more substance to your posts Hooboo.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2004, 04:46:25 PM »
"This would work with two thumbstraps."

No, actually, it wouldn't.

The touchscreen can only detect one position at a time.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Lost101

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004, 06:39:46 PM »
The thing is that I think you would have to be way too precise if you use a touchscreen with punchout.  I think they should just do an old school punchout (but the graphics closer to the NES version).  Also they could have Doc on the bottom screen (or someone telling you what to do and the actual boxing on the top screen.  The oriiginal punchout for the arcades used two screens actually.
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2004, 07:51:54 PM »
I thought of this idea back when we knew the DS has two screens but didn't know about the touchscreen.  So I don't use the stylus but that's alright because I want to keep this simple anyway.

It's a survival horror/FPS combo.  On the top screen is your view.  The controls are very simple classic DOOM style so you don't have to worry too much about aiming and more about surviving.  The game is level based with simple "get to the exit" objectives.  The enemies are randomly placed like the caves in Pikmin 2.  The gimmick of the game is that on each level there's this super creature that kills everything and stalks you the whole time.  Sometimes you'll walk into a room and all the enemies will already be dead because he got to them first.  He has super hearing and can pick up on heartbeats which makes it easier for him to find you.  You can't kill him, only stun him or block off paths.  Oh and he's completely invisible.  His vision is on the second screen.  So you can't see him but can see what he's looking at and if you're on the second screen you have to get the hell out of there.  There would also be multiplayer where you can do simple deathmatch stuff or your friend can play the invisible stalker.  Naturally the game is full 3D which I hope would be possible to have running on two screens at the same time with a decent framerate.  If the DS couldn't handle it I guess a split screen console game would have a similar feel.

One variation I've been thinking of is that the monster posseses other beings and the only way to know is through his vision which you use to determine who the monster now is.  Realistically this idea could be for a sequel that takes a slightly different approach.

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 04:11:55 AM »
If i were to fight an invistible, invencible, super monster who knows where you are all the time. I think i would just give up... intresting though, very outside the box

Offline VideoGamerJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 02:34:32 PM »
Heh, that reminds me of Metroid Fusion where X is trying to hunt you down. I think Geist would be a worthy game for the DS, if it turns out any good.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2004, 04:02:02 AM »
Geist is a straight up shooter with possession abilities, its not particularly suited to the DS's abilities. Of course you could say "but we can still port it" but we're discussing DS-exclusive gameplay ideas here, right?

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 07:43:05 AM »
NO we can't port it.  nintendo needs to have a cap on ports. no more than 2 a year.  they already have two this year that's enough.  I was thinking about a DDR type game, very music based with arrows that scroll up fromt he bottom of the top screen. you have to hit the corrosponding arrows on the touch screen.  The only way this would work is if the screen can sense two points at once, if it could that would be awesome.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 08:35:09 AM »
Does anyone remember the game unicycle for SNES, or something like that?

Here is my idea for a game.

Its a character platform game where you use the touch screen to control and move the character.  If you move the stylus up the character jumps, and down he ducks.  If you move him down to duck and the across he crawls.

The point is to get the character across the level performing stunts and avoiding monsters and pitfalls and such.

The gimmick is using the stylus to perform tricks and move the character throughout the level by activating enviroment specfic special moves.

For instance.  Moving the character forward then up to jump will just have your character leap forward.  But if you do that same motion and add a loop with the stylus the character flips.  

If you do that flip move and your characters hands grab hold of a bar within the enviroment you can now start twists the character around the bar.  A double tap makes him let go and swing into the air with momentum.  

The idea is similar to Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.  But where in that game the platform elements were handled with drums, this is handled with literally scribbling your way around the enviroment.

It would be hard to program but you can incorporate alot of special moves within the process of this techinque, and getting through the level would have a Tony Hawk feel to it.  How many chains of tricks and a form together to get to the end of the game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 09:08:53 AM »
"Does anyone remember the game unicycle for SNES, or something like that?"

Uniracers!  I love that game.  I popped it in my SNES a few days ago only to find out my save was deleted.  GRRR!  That game was made by the GTA guys oddly enough.  Boy did Nintendo miss the boat on THAT second party opportunity.

Anyway your idea sounds cool.  I like the idea of using stunts and tricks to get through a level.  Sounds like a perfect pick up and play game.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »
Thanks.  Ian Sane.

It is an evolution of an idea I have been having for awhile.  

Basically its 2D game that controls and is designed in much the same way as a 3D adventure game.

Meaning:  

Multiple paths,
Mutliple strategies,
intellegent enemies AIs

and most importantly a context sensitive button that allows you to do some unique enviroment manipulation.

The idea would be to have about 12-15 deeply designed levels that could be beaten 5 different ways, beating the game completely in these different ways unlocks bonus items, levels and such.

I also wish Nintendo would design a 2D Mario game with the game elements and design of their 3D Mario games.

Why not design a Mario game where the king of jumping is truely king.  I want to see Mario traversing complicated 2D levels that are equally about height as they are length.  

See Mario have to perform tricky triple jumps into a wall jump back in forth along a 2D enviroment with the artstyle from Yoshi's Island.

Oh well, perhaps it will be made.  Perhaps not.

Offline Procoprio

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 04:32:05 AM »
this would be a great system to bring back Kid Icarus on but I would really like to see a Pikmin game on DS. YOu could use the touch screen to pickup Pikmin and throw them.