Author Topic: Another  (Read 24601 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Another
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 07:07:03 PM »
Well, apparently Famitsu have reviewed this and gave it an impressive 9 / 10 / 8 / 8, looking good!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 08:17:06 AM »
Mario - Any additional info besides the score?  Translated review, perhaps?

When's it being released in Japan?  Any sign of an American release date?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 10:10:40 AM »
It's being released in Japan in the next week or two, I believe, and no American date has been set, though Summer is the most likely...I, too, would love to see the review, but the score is enough to tantalize my tastebuds for now...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Another Code
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 11:00:58 AM »
Nice, here's hoping it sells well and ignites the arrival of more Adventure  games on the DS.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Another Code
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »
Sorry to bring up this thread, but I'm just wondering about Another. I haven't heard about it anywhere for a while, and I really wanted to know some more details. I know that it's scheduled for Summer/Autumn, but does anyone have any new concrete information about it?  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
RE: Another Code
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2005, 12:51:31 PM »
It's name got changed to "Trace Memory" for America, so that may have thrown you off a bit.

Although there haven't really been any huge newsworthy developments that I know of.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Trace Memory / Another Code
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2005, 04:21:22 PM »
The strangest thing about the game is that it is coming out in Europe IN ENGLISH very very shortly, but it is still a few months off here.  Anyone know of a good site to import european games to the US?  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
RE:Trace Memory / Another Code
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »
Trace Memory, eh? Damn - I really liked the title "Another Code"

Anyway, thanks for the info - if there is a good EU import site, I'll definitely be getting it.

EDIT: found a site, but don't know how reliable it is
CLICKY!  (http://gameplay.co.uk main site)

It arrives in 5 days - funny thing, though, it says on the site that it's still called "Another Code: Two Memories"    

It's 25.99 Pounds (4 GBP off) - thats about $60 CDN and about $50 US because of the weak dollar. Well, it's quite expensive, and I still don't know shipping costs yet, so I'll see.

I'm in the process of signing up to see how much it costs to ship..

EDIT 2: OK, I signed up and they it says shipping is 5 Pounds to Canada - but I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Grand total is $69 CDN, and $58 US. As I said, I don't know if it is reliable. I'm still pondering whether I should go for it or not - it's pretty expensive. I'll look for other sites and compare now.  

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »
I found another site - FREE worldwide shipping, but unfortunately they don't have it yet. I'll keep looking - maybe when the game comes out in stores they'll have it

CLICKY!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2005, 08:43:13 PM »
NOE lists it as Another Code: Two Memories, that's the official name in Europe. It's currently the front page story on NoE's website. Release date is the 24th, the day Conker arrives for the XBox and the day after Battlefield 2 gets released.

And stop complaining about us getting Another first, you got Kirby already.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2005, 06:46:13 PM »
I, _personally_ would take Another over Kirby any day.  I'm not really complaining as much as pointing out how weird it is that it is occurring.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2005, 02:32:16 AM »
You know, I'd trade too but in the other direction.

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2005, 12:27:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Pale
I, _personally_ would take Another over Kirby any day.  I'm not really complaining as much as pointing out how weird it is that it is occurring.  

Reserve your judgement until after you have played both (unless you've imported Another)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2005, 12:29:28 PM »
The two are not comparable, so there's no point...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2005, 12:42:46 PM »
How exactly are they not comparable?  Because they're different genres?  Bullsquat.  People compare Halo and GTA.  The compare Mario and Zelda.  They compare RTS games with FPS with everything else.  They're comparable.

Would you rather have a swift kick to the genitals or a punch in the mouth?  They're very comparable.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2005, 02:08:27 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu
How exactly are they not comparable?  Because they're different genres?  Bullsquat.  People compare Halo and GTA.  The compare Mario and Zelda.  They compare RTS games with FPS with everything else.  They're comparable.

Would you rather have a swift kick to the genitals or a punch in the mouth?  They're very comparable.

Hmm. I think I'll go with the punch in the mouth, that way if for any reason I get sent to prison I won't be pretty enough for a majority of the guys.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »
People compare Mario and Zelda, but they shouldn't.  You CAN compare apples and oranges, but you're not going to get anything out of it.  Besides maybe some orange juice in your eye, which really hurts.

Kirby and Another Code (BETTER NAME)  are completley, utterly, very very, extremely, pretty damn different from each other.  Kirby?  Touch-screen oriented action platformer.  AC?  Mystery solving plot and puzzle oriented go on adventue with kawaii girl cutscene anime game love.  If you compare the two, the only thing you'll get is kawaii girl punching you in the gob, which really hurts.

As for  a swift kick in the mouth or the genitals, that'd be like comparing red apples to green apples, so fail.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2005, 02:25:46 PM »
YES, give me more games like Another Code!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2005, 02:48:04 PM »
Saying I wish Another Code was out instead of Kirby isn't really comparing two games, just saying I personally want Another Code more than I want Kirby.

If you went to a store, and had just enough money for one game, and both Kirby and Another were on the shelf, which would you buy?  Thats not a comparison.
---------------------

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2005, 08:48:33 PM »
Ahh - flashes of memory of my first algebra class where the teacher said "you can't add apples and oranges"

But you CAN - just put them both under the category of "Fruit"

Pale - sorry, I misunderstood you, but I don't think you said "I wish Another was out instead of Kirby." I believe it was "I would take Another over Kirby any day" or something along those lines. Anyway, yea that's your opinion, but if you had made a judgement on them before you had played both, it would be unfair.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »
Reviews say that Another Code is a mediocre adventure game (with the final verdict being that if you like adventure games on the PC you'll be horrified by the step backwards Another takes) whereas Kirby is a kick-ass painting game. Seriously, it seems to me that Japan is living in isolation again. Nobody put a touch screen on a japanese game console before so it's new and innovatove. No japanese company made a game like Myst before so it's something new and innovative to them (never mind the PC is being flooded by first person adventures). They're reinventing the wheel and ignoring all the improvements the genre has received  over time.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 09:23:03 PM »
And there are reviews that say Kirby DS is nothing more than a Yoshi Touch & Go upgrade...*throws reviews out the window*

How exactly are they not comparable? Because they're different genres? Bullsquat. People compare Halo and GTA. The compare Mario and Zelda. They compare RTS games with FPS with everything else.

Normal people or complete f'ing morons?  I go with the second choice...

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 09:45:18 PM »

Reviews say that Another Code is the first real adventure game in years

Fixed.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2005, 09:15:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
And there are reviews that say Kirby DS is nothing more than a Yoshi Touch & Go upgrade...*throws reviews out the window*

How exactly are they not comparable? Because they're different genres? Bullsquat. People compare Halo and GTA. The compare Mario and Zelda. They compare RTS games with FPS with everything else.

Normal people or complete f'ing morons?  I go with the second choice...
Are you even serious?  You really think you can't compare two video games to eachother?

Me:  Which do you like better--Halo or Wind Waker.
Bill:  Wind Waker.  Halo sucked.
Me:  That's a comparison.  You compared the two and determined you like Wind Waker more.
Bill:  You're a complete f'ing moron.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2005, 09:22:29 AM »
"with the final verdict being that if you like adventure games on the PC you'll be horrified by the step backwards Another takes"

Funny how that never came up with Halo which is not only is a huge step backwards from PC first person shooters but is missing features present on previous console first person shooters.

Though I do agree that if a game is a step backwards from progress made in the same genre it should be mentioned in the review.  I just feel they should be consistent regarding that.