Author Topic: Compairson Between The Original Games And The VC Version, Are They The Same?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline shrapnel09

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yes its me asking more VC questions, but this is an important one! (and this is the only forum around here who actually cares about VC).
Its absolutly critical for me that any and all VC games must be identical to the original release, i mean the EXACT same thing. Including any and all glitches/bugs/sounds and especially visual effects.

Now I understand there will be a slight resolution increase, ok i can handle that. However i have learned that in Mario 64 the invisiblity effects have been changed to make him transparent instead of a static look, and an emulater glitch of lakatu sitting on the steps of the castle at begging of the game?!  I dont like this, it worries be a bit that VC might not be completely what i have come to expect.  So i have come before the good people of NintendoWorldReport Forums and ask you if you've noticed any differences between an original NES/SNES/N64/Genesis and their VC counter part (i could careless about TurboGraphics games so dont worry about that).

Thank you very much for your cooperation.  

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
If there are any differences in the VC and the original versions they are ever so slight that it should not even really bother you. And I heard a lot of reports that the N64 VC games should control well even on a cube or Classic Controller.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline shrapnel09

• View Profile
oh im not worried about the controllers in this topic, no sir. Its all about perfect emulation, to be honest i am not exactly sure how emulation is done, but im curious of how hard it is to make perfect emulation... im scared that some cheap 3rd party developer might rush a game out there and have many emulated glitches, i hope nintendo has some stricked standards.

but let us not get off topic, any differences? anyone has noticed? its like a game! he and or she who finds the most differences wins my cup of carmel apple dip! its really good, i will ship it overnight too using fed-ex express!

Offline Pikachelsea

• View Profile
This question has been answered in the Virtual Console thread. Copy/pasted from my post there:

As to this whole "Are the games upgraded on Virtual Console or not" debate... you don't have to play the games for proof that they're not; just read the last question in the "Q & A" section of the Wii Shopping Guide.

"Q: Are the games on the Virtual Console the same as the original games, or have they been enhanced?
A: Virtual Console games reproduce the game content, moves representation, etc. true to the original piece when it was released, and the basic program, characters, sound etc. have not been changed. While the porting of games from the original systems may result in minor changes to the game display, these changes do not affect game play."

However, note that another FAQ states that free, optional "Updates" may be available for certain games, although it does not get into what these updates will entail.  

Offline shrapnel09

• View Profile
I understand what you are getting at, and its good to see that question answered.  However like i said there have been changes via mario's transparency in the Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64 Video Game System by Nintendo... which leads me to believe there are more out there, and this topic has been created to discuss the differences that are out there.  Thank you for trying to lay the smack down but you have failed.. please try again.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
In The Legend of Zelda and Sonic, the framerate is NOTICABLY better...I'm sure the same is for every other VC game...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline shrapnel09

• View Profile
thats something i am curious about... would improving the framerate really damage the old timey feel, that is something im not sure what to think...

For my theory is to get the VC version to look/feel as the original as close as possible, and improving the framerate may hinder that... i dont know, strange things are comming, i mean they WILL get donkeykong country 2 and 3 also right... RIGHT?!

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
You're complaining that they might have fixed glitches and improved framerate? Wow. That's pretty much retarded.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Pikachelsea

• View Profile

Originally posted by: shrapnel09Thank you for trying to lay the smack down but you have failed.. please try again.

So me typing out Nintendo's official answer to this question is me "trying to lay the smack down"? That was not my intention at all and your attitude is uncalled for. I guess you should e-mail Nintendo then and let them know that the information they put into the Wii shopping guide is wrong, Mr. Expert.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

Thank you for trying to lay the smack down but you have failed.. please try again.
Eh? He was trying to help..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
Threads like this make fat babies cry.

Offline shrapnel09

• View Profile
whoa! slow down, this thread is crashing and burning... i made the smackdown comment cause you attempted to point out that this thread already exists. i.e. " This question has been answered in the Virtual Console thread."
No one got that? And you are telling me you would like it if they fixed the super mario bros. glitch so you couldnt go into the negative world anymore?! You need to think outside the box people.

Now i understand that Mario 64 will pause for a split second on a few occasions, has anyone experianced this? And if they have does it really get in the way?

You just need to calm down, and icecold, what was the name of that cartoon that is in your pic... i know it and used to watch it a LOOONG time ago... just cant put my finger on the name. thanks.  

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
Clearly you didn't play the original games. Mario 64 had its own bugs back when it was originally released. These bugs are more about how the system is handling the code than the game being changed.

Nothing in these games is changed unless it absolutely had to be, and any new glitches are merely the result of different hardware. The games are the same.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

and icecold, what was the name of that cartoon that is in your pic... i know it and used to watch it a LOOONG time ago... just cant put my finger on the name. thanks.
Swat Kats
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig