Author Topic: Should I get a Wii now?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Hooboo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should I get a Wii now?
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »
Hello everyone! It's been a while sinec I've posted! I was just wondering if i should go out and buy a Wii right now (as well as a copy of Zelda!) or just wait for a few months until there is some sort of bundle or price drop? Is there any advantage to getting it later? Anyway later guys!

~HooBoo~

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Should I get a Wii now?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:19:15 PM »
The advantage to buying the Wii later is that you won't have to worry about stores not having the Wii in stock. It's pretty much selling out in minutes right now, so it'd take extra effort on your part to pick one up.

Getting the Wii later, you can relax more and not get so stressed about wanting one but not having one.

But since the only game you're looking to pick up is Zelda... you DO know that there will be a GC version coming out of Twilight Princess on Dec. 13th right? It's the same game, except with GC controls instead.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
RE: Should I get a Wii now?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »
Well actually, if you're gonna get it for Zelda, but you know a lot of people, get it for WiiSports. I thought I'd never play the game unless my parents were around... Great news man, it's one insane system (Wii). I mean, seriously, even making Miis can take away a couple hours of your day. Right now, I've played all my games about equally--Sports, Monkey Ball, TP--but then again, I've also spent a crapload of time in the Mii channel.

Right now, Wii has nothing to off in the tune of internet, but it is fun to work w/. If you like to have fun, Wii will be there for you, but do NOT judge it until you've played it. Lemme tell you, before I actually turned the thing on, I was complaining non-stop, then once I turned it on, it found my controller and automatically knew where my sensor bar was (or guessed), and right when I was playing with it, I immediately changed my attitude. It's the most fun you'll ever have at least for the current week.

Here's the thing, if you don't get it now, good luck getting it closer to Christmas, but worse yet, if you wanna get it after Christmas, that's when a lot of people will have more money, so good luck finding it then too... Seriously, get it as soon as you can. It's like the PS3 where it's not around except that you actually can find Wii in stores if only for a few minutes.
Only insanity brings perfection.

Offline kings x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
dude, don't worry, even if you wanted a Wii now you can't get one.  Launch shipments sold out the first day, very few places (and only in specific locations) have had any restock at all.  Nintendo has to stock up for Japan, and Europe launches and I would imagine the manufacturing plants are working on those consoles now.  So, don't even think about getting one -especially- if you are worried about price, because the price gouging and bundles scams is the only way you can get one, and even that is not easy.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »
Getting the Wii next year will get u DVD capabilities, but by then I'm not sure if you can still get the Opera Browser for free.  Anybody know when Opera will end the free software for early adopters?

Depending on how long u want to wait, u may be able to get the Wii in a different color such as Black or Silver.

Also Launch games new or used may go down in 2-3 months.

All that being said, I still think everyone should go get a Wii.  I know a lot of people that were on the fence about it, have been sold after playing it.  It's worth it, trust me.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »
I think free Opera ends around June or something?  I can't remember the exact date anymore, but I'm willing to bet it's well before the DVD player is available.  That said, I think Nintendo implied that the free Opera offer could be extended.  Probably depends on how badly people want it.

If Zelda is the only game you're interested in it might be decent to wait a few months.  The game lineup is probably going to be thin through the first quarter of next year anyway.  I personally think the system is totally worth it though.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Pikachelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 01:07:55 PM »

Originally posted by: ShaolinKilla
Getting the Wii next year will get u DVD capabilities

I thought only Japan was getting a DVD-equipped Wii..? I keep seeing conflicting reports on this subject.

Anyway, I'd just go ahead and get a Wii now, if you can. Don't give in and plunk down hundreds on eBay for one though; just pick one up in the stores when you get the chance. Zelda alone is worth it, Wii Sports is cool, and if you don't have a DVD player by now you probably won't be missing that aspect in the event that any regions outside of Japan end up getting this feature.

And if you're waiting because you think Nintendo are going to offer us a price-drop within just a couple months of launch, you might as well just get one now... the Wii is selling like hotcakes and personally I don't think we'll see a price-drop for sometime. $249 is already a very reasonable price, especially compared to the alternatives, so why not?

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 10:02:11 PM »
The only thing Nintendo (once more are made) would drop in price is the controller or at least pack in WiiPlay.

The Japanese Wii is also the only one w/o WiiSports and thus, is why it costs them $215 USD which would explain why they get the WiiPlay w/ the controller, but I doubt that's it either. I'm guessing the reason is because the Japanese will actually buy WiiSports.

It's your decision. If you want one, get one asap. If you can wait, or you don't mind GCN controls (I can't play Wind Waker anymore *cries*) then get the probably cheaper GCN version.

If you want one, try to get one if you can find it. If you don't come across one, then wait. Wii is actually worth the purchase only if you are gonna play WiiSports (the best party game so far) because not all the launch games are that good. A lot of them, comparing to other systems, are pretty spectacular and do not at all feel like launch games, but then again, it's up to you. Find someone with Wii and try it out.

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 02:50:29 AM »
On behalf of those that really want a Wii and casn't get one, if you have any doubts, please just leave it alone and let someone who really wants it get that console.
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 06:50:00 AM »
buy one and sell it on ebay then wait for the price dropp and be ahead financialy.
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Saturn2888

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »
Ouch. No no on the eBay. If you have a disconnected family like mine, Wii brought us all together. Zakkiel makes a darn good point. What is your verdict?