Author Topic: Third parties hate me.  (Read 12726 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Third parties hate me.
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 05:33:10 AM »
I'm fairly close to UncleBob, with 2 3rd party games out of 17 total games...But that's mostly due to my wallet not being big enough to get the games I want (like Trauma Center) and the games I can't find (PHOENIX WRIGHT >=|)...I also will be getting Contact when it finally comes out!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Third parties hate me.
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 12:46:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I'm fairly close to UncleBob, with 2 3rd party games out of 17 total games...But that's mostly due to my wallet not being big enough to get the games I want (like Trauma Center) and the games I can't find (PHOENIX WRIGHT >=|)...I also will be getting Contact when it finally comes out!

all you have to do is go out and about and collect items, trade them in and eventually they will award you with a bigger wallet.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Syl

• O_o
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 11:03:28 PM »
More than half of my gamecube library is third parties, of course, i almost ran out of first party games to buy.  I'd say that over half of my GBA games are also third party, probably 1/3 of my DS games.   Half of my SNES games.

However, 95% of my PC games are third party (microsoft does publish games) and about 90% of my PS2 games are third party.  Combined those completely destroy my total Cube games.  

As i had to try to explain in a different thread on a different forum, there are wonderful game titles everywhere - all you need to do is broaden your horizons and try to find them.  My taste in gaming appears to be more diverse than most, I rarely find "lemons" (though i do come across a few - PoP: Warrior Within) but overall my focus has actually shifted away from Nintendo and more towards PC games.  

This is coming from someone who lives Nintendo so much that he actually got a nintendo icon tattooed onto his body.

Give things a try.  

Actually, cause i'm bored and need to fall asleep - i'll give exact ratios!

Cube: 20/60 are first parties. (I was even a bit lenient with calling things like F-Zero GX, Cubivore and Battalion Wars first party(Cubivore, oddly enough, was created by Nintendo but published by Atlus *shrugs*)

GBA: 16/36 are first party.

DS: 8/13 are first party (I need more DS games...)

SNES:17/40 are first party (being lenient again - counted my 4 rare titles as first party)

So, only the DS has a majority of nintendo first party titles for me, even for my Nintendo systems.  (I didn't bother counting my other hardware, PC, PS2, PS1, etc.)  I can't claim that my favorite games on each systems weren't first party - but i'm sure that my top 10 per system is probably a half-half First party/third party ratio.

My amount of PS2 titles is quickly approaching my Cube title collection - i'm sure it'll beat it out before i'm done.  (Partly because a lot of my PS2 games were free - but let's not get into that)  

Also, i don't hate the N64 - far from it.  I just no longer own one, or any of the games associated with it.  This is a combination of thievery and a hurricane.  However, i owned 25 games and i'm sure that the ratio was about 50/50 with that system as well.  (I think it was actually a bit heavier on third parties if i remember correctly)  

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 11:06:16 PM »

Oh, did I forget to mention that that was the game I had bought for me during my Hospital stay for a collapsed lung?

Oh, well. Okay then.

You sould still get Mario
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »
I think I have 9 DS games and Feel the Magic and Meteos are the only third-party titles...but...that's partially because I don't own a lot of games in general.  If I'm going to pare my collection down, third parties are often going to be the first to go.
On GameCube I think about 1/3 of my games are third party.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »

Originally posted by: SylThis is coming from someone who lives Nintendo so much that he actually got a nintendo icon tattooed onto his body.
ohhh.....which icon? >>

and there aren't first party PC games

and I have:
- GC, 2 first party out of 7
- N64, 5 first party out of 8

used to have:
- SNES, 4 first party out of 4

SNES wins
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 06:27:27 AM »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 07:31:30 AM »
and there aren't first party PC games

Solitaire!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »
Solitaire is the best game on the PC.

Followed by Mah-jhong games and minesweeper.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 08:06:51 AM »
As i said in my post - Microsoft publishes game.  I would consider those First Party, as my PC uses windows.  (Age of Empires, for example, is from MICROSOFT GAME STUDIOS)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:45 AM »
But... your hardware isn't made by Microsoft...  In order for a game to be "First Party", doesn't it have to be developed by the hardware manufacturer?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 10:25:14 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
But... your hardware isn't made by Microsoft...  In order for a game to be "First Party", doesn't it have to be developed by the hardware manufacturer?
that's what I was thinking when I posted that there are no first party PC games....

if apple made games, then it *could* be considered as first party (as they have custom PCs....well, with Macintels not really but...)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 08:44:56 PM »

No, that's SkiFree.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
That is a great game... wish I still had it...

*edit*  wow! free (legal!) download!  http://ski.ihoc.net/
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 09:00:48 PM »

*edit*  wow! free (legal!) download!  http://ski.ihoc.net/

haha, awesome, thanks.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

No, that's SkiFree.

You win the internets!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
Chip's Challenge!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
Well, about a year and a half later, and I've gotten a little better.  Out of 43 games, 7 are third party (I'm counting third party, Nintendo Published games as 1st party).

Bomberman Land Touch - Bought new for about $20 direct from Atlus.
Bubble Bobble Revolution - Bought new for $30.  Unfortunately.
Monopoly/Boggle/Yahtzee/Battleship - Bought used for $30.
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits - Bought new around launch due to post-launch drought.
Namco Museum DS - Just bought new today for $20.
Puzzle Quest - Bought new for full price.
Zoo Keeper - Bought new, on clearance for $2.

Yeah, yeah, no Phoenix Wright... I'm an awful person, blah, blah...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »
It doesn't help third parties all that much if you only buy their games used or clearanced.
is your sanity...

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »
They want me to buy a game of theirs?  Make something I'll actually want to play, and that goes for any company 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  3rd parties can make great games, but it'll never help their case if the only thing they'll do is a crap port of a big franchise, or try to supposedly "match" the product to the userbase.  It makes them look weak to the owners of said system, and it forces them to buy other consoles just to buy something that in 99% of the situations could've worked just as well on what they owned if they actually bothered to do it right the first time or not be so chicken.  When said ports/adaptations don't sell, guess whos fault it is?  Late ports that don't sell?  Once again, who's fault is that?  I'm not going to be apologetic for 3rd parties.  This is a business, not a 3rd party charity bash.  Give me something that I'll want and I do business with them.  Try and screw me over with a bad port and I'll be one of many who stabs your publisher in the back when the game doesn't come even.  If I do buy it, you'll be stabbed in the back and be on my blacklist.  Unless your next game does a complete 180 it ain't got a chance in my home.  

And on that note, I'll end it by saying this my DS and Wii are about half and half on the 1st and 3rd party spectrum.  That's better than the GC and N64 by a large margin.  It's not better than the NES.  I will say my Wii library has more variety than anything I've had before it, NES included so that's a definite good sign.  I've only had to sell 3 games so far  because of sheer hatred for them, one of them was 1st party.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »
Out of 54 games, 32 of mine are third party. ThirdpartiesdowhatNintendon't.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 09:06:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Chozo Ghost
It doesn't help third parties all that much if you only buy their games used or clearanced.

Those games he listed aren't worth buying at full price, I'd blame the third parties who made them.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Third parties hate me.
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 04:39:46 AM »
Buy Create & Race