Author Topic: Donkey Konga 3/Region Switch  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Donkey Konga 3/Region Switch
« on: June 05, 2006, 04:30:28 PM »
Does anyone know if you install a region switch if it will allow you to save donkey konga 3 save files on an american memory card? I just imported it and I'm a little pissed I can't save, but before I go through the effort of modding if the region switch will allow this to work.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE: Donkey Konga 3/Region Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »
if I'm not mistaken, you can't have US and japanese savegames on the same memory card......which means you would need an extra memcard for japanese games

(since I don't have japanese games, I'd like someone to confirm this >_>)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE:Donkey Konga 3/Region Switch
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 04:31:57 AM »
Some games, Donkey Konga 3 for instance you do need a separate memory card, but others, Kururin Squash! for instance you do not. The problem I am having with Donkey Konga 3 is that it won't save, which I guess it tells me in japanese. I have the save file on it's own memory card and I just want t know if doing the JPN/USA switch will enable me to save on a US memory card. I think it will, so I guess I'll do the mod this weekend and give a report after its done.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Donkey Konga 3/Region Switch
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
You can play all Japanese games fine with a hardware modification.  The Freeloader/Action Replay, however, does not work correctly for many games.  And if you took a risk with your US memory card via Freeloader, you're freaking nuts.  You're supposed to use separate memory cards for US and Japanese games.  If you get it modded, be sure you know what you're doing or take it to a pro.  Poor hardware mods can cause problems like games to freezing more frequently or extended load times.  Not because of the mod itself, but because the system is taken apart and put back together incorrectly.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers