Author Topic: EA Predicts Big Things for FIFA in North America  (Read 1337 times)

Offline NWR_MattB

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
EA Predicts Big Things for FIFA in North America
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:28:54 PM »
EA SportsÂ’ vice president of football thinks that FIFAÂ’s biggest market is about to change.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=23538

Four years ago, the U.S. market was the fourth-biggest market in the world for FIFA titles. Fast forward to 2010 and Matt Bilbey, EA SportÂ’s vice president of football, predicts that the U.S. market is about to move up a few spots.    

Game Developers Conference 2010:

In 2010, EA Sports has managed to put one more soccer game than usual onto store shelves, that being 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, released across four platforms earlier this year. By the time the next FIFA title hits stores, Bilbey predicts that America will become the worldÂ’s biggest market in terms of video game sales for football/soccer.    

The 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa is currently underway. Assuming that the strong American team continues to do well, sales of FIFA titles may see sales spikes across the country.

Offline machan1985

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: EA Predicts Big Things for FIFA in North America
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »
BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
Great Job!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: EA Predicts Big Things for FIFA in North America
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »
He may be on to something. I've never bought a FIFA game, ever, but I plan on buying FIFA 11 when it comes out because of how much I got into the World Cup.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent