Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 496311 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #725 on: January 08, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
Oh well um you are welcome to a song though.

Speaking of music does anybody have a list of all the names of the songs?

Forest Life
To the Edge
Señor K.K.
K.K. D & B
K.K. Mambo
K.K. Ska
Go K.K. Rider!
Two Days Ago
Soulful K.K
K.K. Dirge
K.K. March
K.K. Soul
I Love You
Wandering
Surfin' K.K.
K.K. Dixie
K.K. Marathon
K.K. Sonata
Marine Song 2001
Agent K.K.
K.K. Aria
K.K. Etude
K.K. Metal
K.K. Song
Mountain Song
Aloha K.K.
K.K. Bossa
K.K. Faire
K.K. Parade
K.K. Steppe
My Place
Café K.K.
K.K. Ballad
K.K. Folk
K.K. Rally
K.K. Swing
Neapolitan
Comrade K.K.
K.K. Blues
K.K. Fusion
K.K. Reggae
K.K. Technopop
Only Me
DJ K.K.
K.K. Calypso
K.K. Gumbo
K.K. Ragtime
K.K. Tango
Pondering
Imperial K.K.
K.K. Casbah
K.K. House
K.K. Rock
K.K. Waltz
Spring Blossoms
King K.K.
K.K. Condor
K.K. Jazz
K.K. Rockabilly
K.K. Western
Stale Cupcakes
Lucky K.K.
K.K. Country
K.K. Lament
K.K. Salsa
Steep Hill
Mr. K.K.
K.K. Chorale
K.K. Love Song
K.K. Safari
The K. Funk
Rockin' K.K.
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. Lullaby
K.K. Samba

75 songs in total, including some new ones for AC: LGTTC. So, if you were to play the game in real time, you would have to visit the Roost at 8pm on Saturday every week for about a year and five months to collect all of the songs.

Have fun.
Thanks Killer_Man_Jaro!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 08, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »
Wow thanks. Are any of those request-exclusive like the 3 songs in the original game?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #727 on: January 09, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »
I'm not sure EasyCure.Maybe someone else knows which songs need to be requested to get.

I sent out my New years gift to everyone that spent New years Eve and Day with me.Golden since your Wii is away I will wait to send you yours. Flames I will get you something else since you have the item I sent out. Oh if the recepiants already have this item send it back to me and I will get you something else.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #728 on: January 09, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
Hmm...Fleece told me to check my mailbox and nothing.

Are the mail calls different in CF or are they the same? I've yet to receive whatever Fleece sent me.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #729 on: January 09, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »

Are the mail calls different in CF or are they the same? I've yet to receive whatever Fleece sent me.

Mail gets delivered the same times as well as after you close your gates. I don't remember telling you anything like that- o_O
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 09, 2009, 01:41:41 PM »

Mail gets delivered the same times as well as after you close your gates. I don't remember telling you anything like that- o_O

Fleece playing mind games with Pap!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 09, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

I think i mailed you something but i don't think i told you to expect it or anything..?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #732 on: January 09, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
I got mail from EasyCure, that's for sure.

OH WAIT! It wasn't Fleece, it was Mongoose, aka DJunknown! I told him to get me a hat. My bad, Fleece.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #733 on: January 09, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
>> Animal Crossing: City Folk
Official trailer

Full of intense casual excitement.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 09, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 09, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
No more mortgage for me.  Now I can save up all my money and be a Scrooge.  Still waiting for my fountain.  My house gets a flag in the morning.  Point day again this Sunday. I have less than two thousand bells in my savings, decided to spend it to get done with paying Nook. =D
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 10, 2009, 02:40:44 AM »
I got my Wii back peoples! Woohoo.  :D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #737 on: January 10, 2009, 08:11:23 AM »
No more mortgage for me.  Now I can save up all my money and be a Scrooge.  Still waiting for my fountain.  My house gets a flag in the morning.  Point day again this Sunday. I have less than two thousand bells in my savings, decided to spend it to get done with paying Nook. =D
Wow great.You aren't gonna be a true Scrooge right?You will help out the needy right?
I got my Wii back peoples! Woohoo.  :D
I'll send over my New Years gift.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #738 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
Golden I sent my gift over.Flames I need to decide what to get you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #739 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »
Alright I sent you something Flames.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 10, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »
A bit unrelated but all my settings and data are still there but NONE of my SD card games will transfer over to my Wii now., So I have to redownload everything again!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #741 on: January 10, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »
Alright tonight K.K. is gonna rock towns across the world.I'm probably gonna get K.K. Cruisin'.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 10, 2009, 08:34:34 PM »
A bit unrelated but all my settings and data are still there but NONE of my SD card games will transfer over to my Wii now., So I have to redownload everything again!

Sophia got Nintendowned
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 10, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
Sorry to interrupt the little orgy in this thread but I couldn't leave this post alone.
City Folk gets bashed for being an updated sequel with some improvements and additions. While I agree that more could've been done technically all sequels offer very little in terms of innovation.

Let's take a look at some sequels:
Gears of War 2: Plays exactly like the first game, save for new scenarios, improvements in graphics, sound and game mechanics and of course, it shows the next part in the story.

Resident Evil 5: From all the trailers it looks to play nearly identical to RE 4, save with some slight improvements, new main character, story and setting. Hell, even the enemies look the same, except they are African now.

GTA IV: Its pretty much a hi-def version of GTA III, except it doesn't completely improve on it and even takes some of the things that made the earlier game beloved, like expanded wardrobe features.

Halo 3: Was praised as the best multiplayer game ever. Yet, the single player campaign mode was shorter than in the previous games.

These games were highly praised sequels but are guilty of not really evolving the core gameplay and ideas. City Folk gets bashed for doing this when in reality is an expanded sequel in which old and new ideas are explored, expanded, polished and presented to the audience and makes the game better than in its earlier iterations.

So if CF gets bashed for doing this why don't any of the games above get their criticism? Is it because they offer improvements in story and graphics? So if CF looked extremely different from the earlier games and offered a deep story would the reviews be better even if the game plays exactly like the older games?

In that case, the Pokemon games are IDENTICAL to each other, yet gets praised for the content. Again, what's up with that?

This is ridiculous. City Folk is bashed for being a LAZY EFFORT by the best developer in the world. Wow 20 million new item skins, one guy could have done all that in a week. All those games, even though I don't like them, have an arse load of new everything, and effort. To compare new gameplay to some new buildings in the city is absolutely PATHETIC. They are NEW GAMES. GTA4 is a COMPLETELY different game to past GTAs.

Even Pokemon changes a LOT, every game has a completely different WORLD (AC fail), incredible new music (AC fail), and gameplay elements (AC fail) that completely change the balance of the game. Most of all it has passion and innovation. The only thing AC City Folk does right that you'd expect is it has nice graphics. This sets a very bad precedent. Look forward to the new Zelda, set in the exact same place as Twilight Princess, with one new dungeon, 5 more heart pieces to find, and new outfits for Link. NEW Zelda! The Legend of Zelda: Newness of New.

City Folk is not GTA4, it's not Gears of War 2, it's Super Mario Advance, it's OoT: Master Quest, it's Chrono Trigger DS. Except UNLIKE those polished ports, this game is a complete random mess. Controls are all over the place, some menus you can scroll up and down with the stick, some you need the pointer, and the store catalogue is RETARDED, not even allowing you to scroll up and down properly. Fishing is now worse, you can't even see 50% of the ocean where fish could be, it's trial and error "oh, nothing there. that was fun" NOT! It also has much more loading, no more Messages in a Bottle, no message of the week, no villager picture frames, no more side rooms in the house, less options and less variety with NPC interaction and also text typing and pattern making is WAY more clumsy than the DS version. Speaking of limits can anybody believe how lame it is that the town board is so limited? It's just friggin text, yet it gets erased after a week or two. They could allow HUNDREDS of message board posts. Also that path erosion crap makes my town look like a friggin battlefield, WTF? It was cool for a day or two but jesus, the game not only had no effort put into it, but no THOUGHT.

In fact i'd go as far to say that City Folk is the WORST version of Animal Crossing. It's the DS version without portability and ease of use and everything I just mentioned, and the GC version without NES games, police station, connectivity island and e-reader fun, and the GC version has a better title screen with a variety of towns displayed at different times, MUCH better music, cool code system (which they could still have, not everyone has online, this is like noline, heaps cool), monthly lotteries and movable save data.

Anyway, I was going to donate my town to the forum and leave my town open and Wii on for a week or so for people to come in and do ANYTHING to it. Cut down every tree, rape the message board, steal fossils, send threats or love letters to my people, throw rotten turnips on the ground, steal my fruit, use my Nook, heck maybe do something imaginative. BUT, looks like my Wii is breaking down now (thanks again Nintendo, even my PS2 still works) so i've gotta send it in to get fixed and knowing NAL it'll be gone for months or they'll break it. Maybe City Folk breaks Wiis, add another impressive new feature to the list, woudn't surprise me given everything else they overlooked.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #744 on: January 10, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »
Thank you Kairon for sending me the Triforce.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 10, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
Well, Tom Nook's done it again. Just when I'm about to pay off my mortgage he throws a points day to distract me.

Now I'm a platinum member, broke, and still on my friggin second mortgage. Yay.

Oh, and you're welcome Maxi. If anyone else wants a triforce drop me a line... I just ordered 15. T_T

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #746 on: January 10, 2009, 09:40:53 PM »
Wow you are a platinum member.Cool.I'm still a bronze member.Maybe you could sell some of those triforces to whoever wants them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 10, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »
I was all set to miss K.K. tonight until I was looking here.

By all set I mean I had completely forgotten it was Saturday night and friends were over and we've been BS'ing all evening.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
Sorry to interrupt the little orgy in this thread but I couldn't leave this post alone.
City Folk gets bashed for being an updated sequel with some improvements and additions. While I agree that more could've been done technically all sequels offer very little in terms of innovation.

Let's take a look at some sequels:
Gears of War 2: Plays exactly like the first game, save for new scenarios, improvements in graphics, sound and game mechanics and of course, it shows the next part in the story.

Resident Evil 5: From all the trailers it looks to play nearly identical to RE 4, save with some slight improvements, new main character, story and setting. Hell, even the enemies look the same, except they are African now.

GTA IV: Its pretty much a hi-def version of GTA III, except it doesn't completely improve on it and even takes some of the things that made the earlier game beloved, like expanded wardrobe features.

Halo 3: Was praised as the best multiplayer game ever. Yet, the single player campaign mode was shorter than in the previous games.

These games were highly praised sequels but are guilty of not really evolving the core gameplay and ideas. City Folk gets bashed for doing this when in reality is an expanded sequel in which old and new ideas are explored, expanded, polished and presented to the audience and makes the game better than in its earlier iterations.

So if CF gets bashed for doing this why don't any of the games above get their criticism? Is it because they offer improvements in story and graphics? So if CF looked extremely different from the earlier games and offered a deep story would the reviews be better even if the game plays exactly like the older games?

In that case, the Pokemon games are IDENTICAL to each other, yet gets praised for the content. Again, what's up with that?

This is ridiculous. City Folk is bashed for being a LAZY EFFORT by the best developer in the world. Wow 20 million new item skins, one guy could have done all that in a week. All those games, even though I don't like them, have an arse load of new everything, and effort. To compare new gameplay to some new buildings in the city is absolutely PATHETIC. They are NEW GAMES. GTA4 is a COMPLETELY different game to past GTAs.

Even Pokemon changes a LOT, every game has a completely different WORLD (AC fail), incredible new music (AC fail), and gameplay elements (AC fail) that completely change the balance of the game. Most of all it has passion and innovation. The only thing AC City Folk does right that you'd expect is it has nice graphics. This sets a very bad precedent. Look forward to the new Zelda, set in the exact same place as Twilight Princess, with one new dungeon, 5 more heart pieces to find, and new outfits for Link. NEW Zelda! The Legend of Zelda: Newness of New.

City Folk is not GTA4, it's not Gears of War 2, it's Super Mario Advance, it's OoT: Master Quest, it's Chrono Trigger DS. Except UNLIKE those polished ports, this game is a complete random mess. Controls are all over the place, some menus you can scroll up and down with the stick, some you need the pointer, and the store catalogue is RETARDED, not even allowing you to scroll up and down properly. Fishing is now worse, you can't even see 50% of the ocean where fish could be, it's trial and error "oh, nothing there. that was fun" NOT! It also has much more loading, no more Messages in a Bottle, no message of the week, no villager picture frames, no more side rooms in the house, less options and less variety with NPC interaction and also text typing and pattern making is WAY more clumsy than the DS version. Speaking of limits can anybody believe how lame it is that the town board is so limited? It's just friggin text, yet it gets erased after a week or two. They could allow HUNDREDS of message board posts. Also that path erosion crap makes my town look like a friggin battlefield, WTF? It was cool for a day or two but jesus, the game not only had no effort put into it, but no THOUGHT.

In fact i'd go as far to say that City Folk is the WORST version of Animal Crossing. It's the DS version without portability and ease of use and everything I just mentioned, and the GC version without NES games, police station, connectivity island and e-reader fun, and the GC version has a better title screen with a variety of towns displayed at different times, MUCH better music, cool code system (which they could still have, not everyone has online, this is like noline, heaps cool), monthly lotteries and movable save data.

Anyway, I was going to donate my town to the forum and leave my town open and Wii on for a week or so for people to come in and do ANYTHING to it. Cut down every tree, rape the message board, steal fossils, send threats or love letters to my people, throw rotten turnips on the ground, steal my fruit, use my Nook, heck maybe do something imaginative. BUT, looks like my Wii is breaking down now (thanks again Nintendo, even my PS2 still works) so i've gotta send it in to get fixed and knowing NAL it'll be gone for months or they'll break it. Maybe City Folk breaks Wiis, add another impressive new feature to the list, woudn't surprise me given everything else they overlooked.

It is impossible to take anything you say seriously, and this post is no different, not to mention you pick and choose some of the stupidest complaints (Seriously you are complaining about how some of the text scrolling, is not right (At least according to you, I've had no problem with it and you have to really anal to really notice it if it is there)? THe TITLE SCREEN? OMG. Best yet is that it has loading. Geez I wonder why, maybe because it is on DVD? Oh how about this one, portability? Could it because it is on the Wii? I dunno.

It would be easy to refute your various other points, but why bother (One example being the texting, guess you don't realize you can use a keyboard right? Also designing being clumsy? Must be why so many here have created some terrific designs for shirts (not to mention you can do MORE with designs than the DS version) Didn't realize that was in the DS version? Then again you are the same person that was saying the game was bombing which was asinine in itself. Awesome, you hate the game, so now go troll elsewhere and whine. What I find most funny is you bought the game even though you decided you would hate it. That is perhaps the best part.

While I'm at this is why I PREFER this to the DS version:

1. Online infrastructure is so much better allowing for interaction with city animals OUTSIDE OF THEiR HOUSE. Makes for a more community experience
2. Voice chat. Even though I do not have one it is great interacting with those that do.
3. The City. It is fun to travel the city and see some of the animals from various towns together and here them talk about their respective city. Not to mention you can actually see Rosetti's home which is very cool.
4. Expanded designer choices for clothes.
5. USB Keyboard support. Beats either the touch screen or the Wiimote
6. Community interaction from the comfort of your own home and not bending over your DS
7. Of course the new items and collectibles
8. The visual style is extremely polished now
9. Being able to switch between usable items with the control pad.
10. The ability to adjust your calender without being penalized. This allowed me to go back and do things I missed while my Wii was away
11. Having "look at me I'm rich" store in the City.
12. Playing hide n seek with animals
13. Newer Interactions iwth NPCs not to mention vastly more.
14. Been having a blast with photos (as I know others have)
15. Use of Miis is a neat little addition

At its core the AC is a community game and AC: CF is the best when it comes to getting people together and opening up the most opportunity for FUN while together.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:21:30 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 11, 2009, 02:06:21 AM »
There's obviously many ways you can take this latest Animal Crossing. Some people miss the DS version. I don't, I got bored of the DS version for some reason, or maybe I can only play AC from a couch. Some people enjoy the small differences in what is essentially the same exact gameplay formula, others feel like the game is stagnant.

*shrug*

I personally can accept all those views. I mean, some Pokemon games I can enjoy, some outright bore me, but there are always examples of people who feel the exact opposite. I could give the example of Harvest Moon, which I love but don't feel compelled to revisit, except that I'm puzzled as to how to hold that up in comparison to Animal Crossing, which I AM revisiting.

I don't know. It's weird. I don't know if I should feel guilty for having fun.