Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots  (Read 43418 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
Yes, this game will single handedly save the PS3 from failure. Weeks before it comes out there will be a great rumbling among the game reviewers, as if a great storm is approaching the shore; a great whale lunges toward the ship at the upmost speed. It will hit with a resounding smash and none will be prepared for it even within the journalistic community. Within weeks it will be declared as the finest work of videogames that has ever been created. Within months, modern art. Within time, all art. This will be a game never to be forgotten, because how could something such as this ever be forgotten?

That is what they will scream from their balconies as they take their lives because there is no more left for them in this world. There is no life and death without MGS4. MGS4 is all. And when it ends, they will be hollow and empty, mere husts of mortal flesh waiting to rot into the incumbent ground. Your flesh burns, do you hear me? There is nothing left for you once you have finished MGS4. There will be no sequel. Because nothing will matter once its conclusion is reached. Those that do not replay it will immediately fall lifeless to the floor. Their pathetic, meaningless existances ushered to a higher plane by something of true value and worth.

Plus the Video proves that Snake is the Micheal Jackson of the 00's.

It take Leon longer then 30 seconds simply because he get lost for that long at least.  The place was humongous and I didn't see anything to help guide you.  *shrug*  I was personally just interested to see the actual game in action.  I may play a demo of it but I probably won't get it.  Stealth games with old men aren't my thing.  Though the Drum part was sort of funny on its own.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »
MGS's stealth approach is a sandbox in itself.  Snake is highly capable, while enemies are inept.  Lots of freedom to play around.

But as far as action goes, there's little danger to you.  The aptitude of the opposition just doesn't live up to the detail and tension of the presentation.  And that irks me.

IRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
Agree.  It was like Snake was playing with Blind Kids.  I mean I know Snake is good but he ain't that good.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »
MGS People: "Now as you will see snake will blend in with the wall so the guard won't notice him."

Me: "Wait . . . he's just standing in the corner with his back turned how is that blending?"

MGS People: "And see the guard doesn't notice him! Just like it would happen in real life!"

/facepalm

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Sat thru the 15 minutes of lameness.

Enemy AI hasn't evolved [still dumb, still blind] yet they continue to make Snake even more capable/playable/advantageous, yet not as exciting as he is in cutscenes.

The FPS style gameplay looks typical and manageable [nice to see Kojima is still a generation late as far as controls go; dual-analoging last gen, and first-person aiming in an adventure game in Zelda64 a generation before] and should prove to be wildly empowering since enemies are inept.

Gamers need trajectory guidelines for grenades now?  What is this, 3D Action Billiards for MS-DOS?  Oh right, people were spoiled with SOCOM.

I get the impression Wii-version-Leon could clean up that stage in less than 30 seconds.

It seems like the enemies were deliberately made extra blind for the show demo, or he was playing on easy, or something along those lines. If it was a prior MGS, he woulda been spotted for sure.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 06:45:06 PM »
THE MAN'S HAIR WAS WHITE AS SNOW

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro
MGS People: "Now as you will see snake will blend in with the wall so the guard won't notice him."

Me: "Wait . . . he's just standing in the corner with his back turned how is that blending?"

MGS People: "And see the guard doesn't notice him! Just like it would happen in real life!"

/facepalm

Snake has learned a lesson from Granny Weatherwax.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 04:19:08 AM »
Ok, I just watched the gameplay trailer, and you guys are nuts.  This game looks incredible.  Yes it plays like all the other Metal Gear Solids, but on a much grander scale.  But you know what, you are playing a Metal Gear game...it should feel like that series.  

I will admit that the camo system seemed a little too easy to exploit, but do you know, it was the first level, and I am sure it will open many different aspects to the game.  They were demoing the game and showing everything that can be done.  There is no way you will actually have all those weapons or probably all those camo options in the real level.  

This will be the first must have game of PS3, but I still question if one game can bring somebody to spend that much money on a system.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 04:24:41 AM »
My point is Spak Spang for all the stupid hype around this game . . . it didn't show off anything super amazing to me. Yes the graphics look awesome but the AI just comes off as dumb. The demo should have showcased just how essential all these new technological skills are to your survival.

Not "Stand in the corner and a guy wont see you!". Woopie de doo.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »
Yeah, I think we'll agree with you Mashiro that the game shows off very little new to convince skeptical gamers to change their opinion on the series/game. I know even if I had a PS3, I probably wouldn't enjoy the game that much, just like I've never been ace with the RE4 series, I really, really doubt that the actual gameplay of the MGS series holds much appeal for me.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2007, 02:05:40 AM »
Mashiro:  When you are demoing a game you probably are going to have it on the easiest skill level so you don't worry about dying and can show off everything.  Remember he had weapons and items you probably won't have in that level as well.

And he was using special Camo and what not.  I always thought the AI in the Metal Gear games was somewhat stupid...but in a way it has to be, because if it is too realistic then it would not be a fun game, it would be too hard.  

There are things about the game I could complain about...weapon switching seemed clunky and going into menu systems and such constantly seemed to break up the action, but I am sure that won't be the only means of switching weapons.  

Do I think this game deserves all the hype it is getting?  No I don't.  Do I think this game is going to be an awesome game which will hopefully close out the Metal Gear franchise?  Yes I do.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2007, 07:28:35 AM »

Sat thru the 15 minutes of lameness.

Enemy AI hasn't evolved [still dumb, still blind] yet they continue to make Snake even more capable/playable/advantageous, yet not as exciting as he is in cutscenes.

The FPS style gameplay looks typical and manageable [nice to see Kojima is still a generation late as far as controls go; dual-analoging last gen, and first-person aiming in an adventure game in Zelda64 a generation before] and should prove to be wildly empowering since enemies are inept.

Gamers need trajectory guidelines for grenades now?  What is this, 3D Action Billiards for MS-DOS?  Oh right, people were spoiled with SOCOM.

I get the impression Wii-version-Leon could clean up that stage in less than 30 seconds.

Dude you're the most negative person in this entire forum. I have been on here since Wii launch and not once have I ever seen you say something nice about anything.  People will post something like "wow, did you see the new trailer for Game-X". A bunch of other users will post about how they also liked the trailer. And then your nugget gets in there saying "you people are all wrong. this game looks lame and you should all change your minds to reflect mine".  I can't even call you a Nintendo fanboy because you trash them as much as you trash everybody and everything else. You're more of a 5hit-disturber-fanboy.  Try saying something nice and positive, you'll feel better...  
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
I'm more negative than Ian?  Yikes I've come a long way.

It's your fault for taking me seriously.  Stop falling into my traps.  Think critically and shrug me off.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
Wow, I have never heard anyone backlash a PRO post with such angst.

You actually made him speak seriously for once!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2007, 03:22:32 AM »

I'm more negative than Ian?  Yikes I've come a long way.

It's your fault for taking me seriously.  Stop falling into my traps.  Think critically and shrug me off.

LOL! i've also though the same thing about Ian  You guys should have cage match
My Wii Code:

Offline tiamat1990

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Mashiro:  When you are demoing a game you probably are going to have it on the easiest skill level so you don't worry about dying and can show off everything.  Remember he had weapons and items you probably won't have in that level as well.

And he was using special Camo and what not.  I always thought the AI in the Metal Gear games was somewhat stupid...but in a way it has to be, because if it is too realistic then it would not be a fun game, it would be too hard.  

There are things about the game I could complain about...weapon switching seemed clunky and going into menu systems and such constantly seemed to break up the action, but I am sure that won't be the only means of switching weapons.  

Do I think this game deserves all the hype it is getting?  No I don't.  Do I think this game is going to be an awesome game which will hopefully close out the Metal Gear franchise?  Yes I do.

Octocamo it was called. And while I agree with that statement, the AI is TOO STUPID. I mean for crying out loud you've got a rolling METALLIC barrel coming at you. At one point the soldier actually looked at the rolling barrel and still did nothing. I'm just hoping these are all bugs...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2007, 02:10:22 AM »
I am afraid they probably are not.  The Metal Barrel with the guys I think is forgivable, because it lends to the occasional cartoon aspect of the series.  But, really that Barrel Roll should have alerted any and every solider in the Area to see what is going on.

And that could of been the case, except he had already taken them all out...or that the game was just on skill level easy.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:26 AM »
if it were supposed to be realistic, I don't think snake could pull a giant metal barrel out of his ass either...  You guys are right about the AI. They are fairly stupid and/or blind.  But hey, if they were smart they wouldn't be bad guys
My Wii Code:

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007, 03:11:14 AM »
I imagine the bad guys were on extra-stupid, I didn't see any reactions at all in the entire video...but maybe they really are that dumb.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007, 06:05:57 AM »
Metal Gear Solid 4: Austin Powers

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »
I'm surprised this thread had dug so low considering it's release is creeping up. I was wondering if anyone played Metal Gear Online Beta, I think it's pretty awesome and I like it more than the online feature of Halo 3. The coolest mode in my opinion is Sneaking mission where its read team vs blue team vs snake where the team that kills snake wins.

Kojima put out a new trailer and it's pretty neat considering it has a few surprises two games featured on Nintendo platforms ZOMG! and potentially a interesting game mechanic.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2008, 03:36:31 AM »
I pre-ordered the game so I could get the bonus disc. Mission Accomplished... so now, I can roll that money back onto Wii Fit.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2008, 04:10:03 AM »
Did you play the Metal Gear Online beta Adrock??
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »
I still don't officially have the internet hooked up, let alone a PS3. I want one. I just need a good enough reason to buy one. That price has to fall a little more because it doesn't matter what games come out for the console, I'm not paying that much money for any console. I'm a huge God of War and Metal Gear fan... I'm just more a fan of saving money.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2008, 05:21:49 AM »
I watched a short video of the online beta and it seemed... clunky. Especially when someone is right behind you and you have to turn around. How does it control?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€