Author Topic: Mulva?  (Read 9300 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Mulva?
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
I need some help.

Here's the story: I took some girl home on Saturday night (8)) and I don't know her name, I've seen her 3 times since then too. I knew it Saturday night but I drunkenly forgot it and I didn't want to seem inconsiderate by asking for it after. I got her number on Saturday, but her name is just listed simply as "GIRL" in my phone.

I tried to ask for her e-mail hoping that it would give some clue, but she doesn't have one apart from her university one which she says she rarely uses.

There haven't been any situations yet that I've really needed to use her name fortunately I just used substitute without it being obvious I don't know her name, like "hey stranger" or "how's it going, babe?". I'd never use the word babe ordinarily, but this is looking like an increasingly hopeless situation and I have no choice.

I've tried introducing her to friends, but she's pretty shy and has only replied with "How's it going? or "Hello." or something.

There's a glimmer of hope though, I recently got my drivers licence renewed and it should arrive in a couple of days. My plan is to make a comment on my picture or something and ask to see hers, thus revealing her name. The thing is I'm seeing her tomorrow night and again on Saturday so hopefully I can make it through those.

Any other advice for finding out the name without being painfully obvious would be appreciated!!

yes, the title is in reference to seinfeld
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Mulva?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
LMAO

I hate when this **** happens. Like you i try to get them to introduce themselves or something not too obvious, but in the end i just wind up asking them up front. Usually i'll pretend to be more drunk than i am and turn it into a silly joke.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »
Tell her to look you up on Facebook and befriend you.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »
"I'm really stupid for asking this, but what is your name again?"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
DOLORIS

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »
Is this a joke topic?  ;D

Ask if she had any nicknames as a kid.  (Like Stinky Sally!)

I've tried introducing her to friends, but she's pretty shy and has only replied with "How's it going? or "Hello." or something.

Tell your friend to ask her for her name when she doesn't properly introduce herself.  Or, while hanging out with some other people, excuse yourself for a minute and then have your friend say "I'm sorry, but I'm really bad with names--what's yours again?".  (This way you won't be expected to jump in and give it.)  Of course this only works if your friends aren't huge jerks--if they are they can **** things up for you pretty easily.

There's a glimmer of hope though, I recently got my drivers licence renewed and it should arrive in a couple of days. My plan is to make a comment on my picture or something and ask to see hers, thus revealing her name.

Pray she doesn't go by a nickname, a shortened version of her first name, or her middle name.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:33:39 PM »
One of my friends goes by the nickname of Patricia. Of course, he didn't like it but came to be used to it in time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »
`Make a comment about the holograms on the ID and tell her you want to see if hers has the same error as yours. but since you don't have your ID you cant show her the error unless it shows up on hers too.

or a friends once told you how to spot a fake ID, and even though you knows hers is real, you wanna see if the obvious things to look for are still on the ID (like usa usa usa being printed across the top). Obviously since you don't have your ID on you, you can't check yours, so you check hers instead.

or, you can ask to borrow her phone, turn it off, and then call it from your phone so that it goes straight to voice mail. Most people put their name on their voice mail, so you might be able to get it that way too.

Have you been to her house? Ask to see a old yearbook, or look for a piece of mail laying around.

Or you could just trick her into telling it to you. Tell her you have this feature on your phone(that you could never get to work right) where it will say the name of the person calling, and you want her to say her name into the phone so that you can record it and now you will know when its her calling. After you get her name, you can obviously get frustrated with your phone since you can't get it to work and then just say "aww **** it" and put the phone away. But now you have her name.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 02:16:06 PM »
BnM has been in this situation pretty often I'm guessin'
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 02:19:04 PM »
BNM's suggestions are too outlandish and complicated.  Keep things simple.  Trying to get clever will only get one in trouble.

Ask to see a old yearbook

This is a horrible idea.  What is he supposed to do when she gives him her yearbook and he can't look up her picture because he doesn't know her name?!?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 03:00:23 PM »
BNM's suggestions are too outlandish and complicated.  Keep things simple.  Trying to get clever will only get one in trouble.

Ask to see a old yearbook

This is a horrible idea.  What is he supposed to do when she gives him her yearbook and he can't look up her picture because he doesn't know her name?!?
All the ideas are rather simple if you don't do it nervously. Act casual and work it into the conversation. I've had to do a few of them before. I'm horrible with names. I mostly just try these the same night I met them, and joking about age usually works too.

"How did you even get in the bar? you don't even look 21.... I bet you got a fake ID.... oh yeah? let me see it"
"What!! your 34!!??, no way! I don't believe you, you only look 23... prove it, let me see your ID."

The yearbook one, well you just ask her what her last name is. If you can't find her picture from there, then make up a joke about how she doesn't look anything like she used to , so you must be lookin at the wrong picture. then have her point it out to you because you are in disbelief.

its not that complicated as long as you can pull it off with out being suspicious. you gotta be creative and do it playfully.

And I've also done the one vudu suggested on may occasions. Leave the group and have a friend ask her name. Where most people go wrong is they have the friend try to whisper her name to them right there on the spot when they get back, but instead you should just have your friend ask her a question by calling her by her name first as soon as you get back. There have been too many occasions where it becomes awkward when the name telling was too obvious and now she knows you didn't remember her name.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:06:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »
I like the facebook idea.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
If she doesn't have an e-mail, do you really think she has a facebook or a myspace?
Don't you need a e-mail to activate one of those or link people to your page (for easy look up)

I don't use either of those services, but I have tried to look people up on them before.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
Dasmos: What's her phone number?  I'll find out her name for you. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »

I forgot about the "Ooops Wrong #!" approach. Have a friend call asking for someone else, then ask who he is talking to, get a name, apologize and hang up.
How could I forget that one?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »
Well, that's a much better idea than I had in mind.... ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
let the truth set you free! "I'm sorry, this is really embarrassing, but I never got your name?"

also

Background information

Select another year of birth?

Popularity in 1988
Rank    Male name    Female name
1    Michael    Jessica
2    Christopher    Ashley
3    Matthew    Amanda
4    Joshua    Sarah
5    Andrew    Jennifer
6    David    Brittany
7    Justin    Stephanie
8    Daniel    Samantha
9    James    Nicole
10    Robert    Elizabeth
11    John    Lauren
12    Joseph    Megan
13    Ryan    Tiffany
14    Nicholas    Heather
15    Jonathan    Amber
16    William    Melissa
17    Brandon    Danielle
18    Anthony    Emily
19    Kevin    Rachel
20    Eric    Kayla
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »
If she doesn't have an e-mail, do you really think she has a facebook or a myspace?
Don't you need a e-mail to activate one of those or link people to your page (for easy look up)

I don't use either of those services, but I have tried to look people up on them before.

Well, she has a university e-mail.  I assume she's in college.  So, I then assume that she uses facebook like most college students.  However, I see your point.

Alternatively, I would ask her to be less shy around my friends and that she should fully introduce herself the next she meets one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »
TAKE HER HOME TO MEET YOUR PARENTS

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
My ID came today! Which is quick seeing as I only got my photo on Monday.

Tell her to look you up on Facebook and befriend you.

Yeah she doesn't have a MyBook/FaceSpace or aything, I have asked.

Of course this only works if your friends aren't huge jerks--if they are they can **** things up for you pretty easily.

Unfortunately I wouldn't trust my friends not to come out and just say "Daniel doesn't know your name, what is it?" They think the situation is funny and exposing me would only be funnier.

I forgot about the "Ooops Wrong #!" approach. Have a friend call asking for someone else, then ask who he is talking to, get a name, apologize and hang up.

Yeah I have thought about this, if my ID plan doesn't work out I'll probably try this.

let the truth set you free! "I'm sorry, this is really embarrassing, but I never got your name?"

Maybe if I hadn't seen her since Saturday, but I spent Sunday with her over lunch and saw her again on Monday and Wednesday. Also it doesn't help that we've done deed on a number of those meetings. Also the thing is I did get her name, but I forgot it.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 12:14:57 AM »
NEVER ASK HER FOR HER NAME.That'd be really stupid.

Two, always use a third party to find out her name. Any friend would gladly ask her for her name. If you are meeting her by yourself, then move on to point three.

Three. There shouldn't be a reason to use her name in this situation anyway.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 12:19:22 AM »

Yeah I have thought about this, if my ID plan doesn't work out I'll probably try this.

Why wait?  Just gimme her number.  I'll get her name. She'll never expect a crazy call from someone in the states... ;)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
I agree. Let UncleBob do it.....that is...if you trust him.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »
Who wouldn't trust me? :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »
Uh, ahem, this is Dr. Richard Cook of the International Drainage Commission.  It's an emergency.
We understand some drains in your area have been malfunctioning, sucking in people and...whatnot.  We need you to check your sinks and toilets and tell us which way the water is going, and please - stand clear.  And for the record, what is your name?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »
That would never work.

Just call and be like "Hey Cindy, what's up?!" "Umm.. hi this is not Cindy. You must have the wrong number" "Oh...looks like I mixed up the last number. I am sorry to bother....uhh...who am I speaking with?" "Rachel" "Well I'm sorry to bother you, Rachel. Have a nice night!"

And that still has a chance of her lying to you. I'm telling you, your best bet is having a friend ask.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »
UB; Thats might just be crazy enough to work. lol

Das; But the truth might set you(*) free...

*and your schedule till the next girl comes along
I wouldn't recommend it.

I asked a girl some for some input on your situation, she says your fucked either way you play it, because anything you try to do will let her on to knowing that you don't know her name. I told her that she don't know what she's talking about and you'd be able to play it cool enough to slide it in casually and you wouldn't get caught.
I got man pride riding on this, so let me know how it turns out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »
That's a Simpson's reference, for those who didn't get it... :)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 01:27:59 AM »
What season?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:06 AM »
unclebob its funny you picked that name, my next door neighboor from when I was 4 was named richard cook, i got in contact with his bro josh on myspace, but he recently deleted his account...so im back out of touch!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 06:13:16 AM »
What season?

The episode where the Simpsons go to Australia... CHUZWAZZA

Dasmos: Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'd have made her put her number into my phone, that way I remove the "short-term memory loss" risk because if she calls back, I play dumb.

Kashogi's idea has the lowest risk involved (worst case is, she doesn't give a name).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 06:16:54 AM »
Kashogi's idea has the lowest risk involved (worst case is, she doesn't give a name).
That was actually the exact same idea had posted earlier.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »
That was actually the exact same idea had posted earlier.

What do I look like, someone who pays attention to threads? Or is fraudulent kudos a bannable offense now?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
I'm jumping on the "let Unclebob do it" bandwagon because, knowing him.., He'll find a way to post the conversation on the forums like a certain cool forum members drunken voicemails.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 09:11:18 AM »
unclebob its funny you picked that name, my next door neighboor from when I was 4 was named richard cook, i got in contact with his bro josh on myspace, but he recently deleted his account...so im back out of touch!

Errr... I didn't pick that name... my parents did. :)

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
Okay. My plan worked and I got a name! As soon as I saw the ID, it all came flashing back, but here's where it gets fucking unbelievable.

You know how I said her name in my phone was "GIRL"?

THAT'S HER FUCKING NAME!!

Well it's at least her initials. Her full name is Georgia IPhone Rambo Lowndes. I remember having the conversation now (although this was about the time I was at my drunkest), she was going on about how her parents were insane and how she couldn't wait to move out. Supposedly her sister Grace has the same initials. I honestly can't wait to meet her parents.

I swear sometimes I should just write a fucking TV series about my life, so much fucking random **** happens to me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:39:17 AM by Dasmos »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 09:37:24 AM »
Can I still have her phone number? :)

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »
ahahahahaha god no.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
ahahahahaha god no.

You should have her call 'Bob (from a blocked number) for lulz

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »
Bob can call and ask for Grace.

Oh, and Dasmos, thanx to you I can now go rub MAN PRIDE all over this girls face, and I mean all over, but she deserves it, and will probably enjoy it too.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »
Bob can call and ask for Grace.

Oh, and Dasmos, thanx to you I can now go rub MAN PRIDE all over this girls face, and I mean all over, but she deserves it, and will probably enjoy it too.

might as well do the same with some spluge while you're at it, dasmos

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:35 PM »
georgia was on the top austrailian names list

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
A little vanity googling will spoil all that Man Pride, not to mention Dasmos's chances with his lady friend.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »
Once I was working security at a concert festival and a girl I knew from school walked up and said hi to me. Since this was in a different state and she was wearing big ol' sunglasses I didn't remember her until she told me her name. I just don't remember people well if they are not in a place I would expect to see them. It got all awkward and I don't think we ever talked again. Any time we were near each other there would be this awkward silence.

I'm glad it worked out for you though.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »
Man, I would have been all smiles at a festival so I'm surprised you weren't as friendly as possible.

Offline Dasmos

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
A little vanity googling will spoil all that Man Pride, not to mention Dasmos's chances with his lady friend.

Yeah this is a good point, maybe I'll delete the name it as it has happened to me here before.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 01:20:23 AM »
But everyone stalks everyone on here. Do you know how many people have told me they googled my name and it came up as a boat company? I view it as half the fun here.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »
I make stalking easy. :)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 01:31:43 AM »
I was told I was the new Resident Master Stalker but the mods apparently won't change my title. I posted in the title change thread and everything.
My Game Collection

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 09:14:56 AM »
Yeah this is a good point, maybe I'll delete the name it as it has happened to me here before.

I'm not sure what I was on when I was posting in that thread, but man, I need to find it again. Good times.