Author Topic: Ogre Battle Cubed?  (Read 1994 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ogre Battle Cubed?
« on: August 25, 2003, 05:39:52 PM »
Back in 1999 I bought Ogre Battle 64, and even though I have yet to beat it, its one of my favortie N64 games.  I have replayed the first 20 scenes about 5 time now, if you dont have a good army built up by then, its time to start over.  Anyway, its the first RPG I could really get into, and would like to see another.  I am currently playing Ogre Batter 64, and am doing really well this time.  I know once I beat this one, which will probably be soon, addiction anyone?  I am gonna want another, anyone know if there's a chance?
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Ogre Battle Cubed?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 05:51:02 PM »
I seem to recall someone saying that the Ogre Co. (Quest?) was bought by Square–Enix. So it's up to them to keep the series alive. I haven't heard of and Ogre Cubed but I'd like it. (Still haven't beat Tactics Ogre GBA...)
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 05:35:38 AM »
Well, Quest has historically supported Nintendo systems quite heavily.  Every Ogre Battle game they have made has been on a Nintendo system, so I am hoping that trend will continue with future Ogre Battle games.

I must mention though that after Tactics Ogre Advance, they were bought by Square, and they are now making Final Fantasy XII, so it will probably be a while before they can make another Ogre Battle game.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
RE:Ogre Battle Cubed?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 05:47:14 AM »
i liked tactics ogre on the gba- it was a good strategy title- but i still think that ogre battle 64 was their best one
the game was well done and it was by far the deepest rpg or strategy title on the n64- i like what quest has done over the years so i am excited to see how FFXII will do and how it will turn out
hopefully after FFXII we may see them work on a final fantasy tactics game for one of the consoles or another ogre battle
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 05:51:22 AM »
rpglover, are you my other personality?  I have often wondered about that.    I could just be sitting here talking to myself, but whatever.  

I haven't been able to play either Ogre Battle 64 or Tactics Ogre Advance yet.  I sampled both, but I have never had the chance to buy them yet.  I am going to have to get rooked buying them on ebay at some point I am sure.  

Offline Asimov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 06:00:39 AM »
I noticed on the title screens for all of the Ogre Battles (on the Nintendo systems of course) Nintendo/Quest appears.  Maybe Nintendo does own the rights to the franchise.....They did always license it out to other publishers....
We've been losing a lot of members due to a lack of "gimmicky features", but don't worry, true Nintendo Gallery fans know where it's at!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 06:07:18 AM »
Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre were ported to PSX though, so I doubt that Nintendo owns the rights to the franchise.  It's more likely that Nintendo just published the games.

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2003, 06:17:23 AM »
yes.    Ogre Battle for SNES, OB64 for N64, and TO:KoL for GBA were all published by Nintendo in Japan, and Atlus in other territories.  Isn't it crazy how Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, and Ogre Battle are all under the same roof, now? > : )

Anyways,   Ogre Battle 64 is #3 in my top games of  all time, surpassed only by  the legendary games of A Link to the Past (#2) and Ocarina of Time (#1)  .   I think I'll go use  the   music mode  code now and listen to  the tracks of  OB64.  (name your character MUSIC_ON    , just like in the SNES OB )

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 05:18:34 PM »
Well, maybe they will have one for the end of Cube's life cycle.  Ogre Battle 64 is all about content, and doesnt rely on impressive visuals or special affect to draw you in, although Ogre Battle 64 is far from ugly.  I will keep my hopes up.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2003, 05:35:22 PM »
"rpglover, are you my other personality? I have often wondered about that.  I could just be sitting here talking to myself, but whatever."

maybe i am.....maybe i am....but i guess we can say we do agree on a lot of rpg likes and dislikes
i call the big one bitey.