Author Topic: DSi owners' thread  (Read 52577 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: DSi owners' thread
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
This doesn't bode well for the quality construction of the 3DS.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »
Sounds like insanolord is reckless. The DS (all versions) are very tough and well built and will rarely ever break down unless someone is careless. Hell, my friend's sister threw his DS against the wall and it still works fine. I have no doubt the 3DS will carry on the Nintendo tradition of being the best built systems available.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »
Sounds like insanolord is reckless.

Hey, I resent that. My first DS Lite was the victim of a broken hinge, which was a somewhat common problem with early DS Lites, and my DSi's shoulder buttons stopped working, which I've heard of happening to people. I don't know what made my launch DS's touch screen quit working, and I have no clue how the screen cracked on my second DS Lite while it was sitting on a table.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
Sounds like insanolord is reckless.

Hey, I resent that. My first DS Lite was the victim of a broken hinge, which was a somewhat common problem with early DS Lites, and my DSi's shoulder buttons stopped working, which I've heard of happening to people. I don't know what made my launch DS's touch screen quit working, and I have no clue how the screen cracked on my second DS Lite while it was sitting on a table.

Dude you have a gaming curse.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
For my own personal use,  I bought a silver fat DS, 1 white DSlite, 1 ugly ice blue(Japanese, but not really ice blue) Dslite, and then yellow special addition Dslite. Not including 2 fat DS's for bro and sis, 1 black dslite for bro, and 2 black DSlites for friends. Everytime I got a new one, I gave away the old one.

What is that 9 DS's I paid for? I want this new one cause my pikachu one needs a rest, but I want a bright sunshiny color. Yellows, oranges, red, or maybe green or blue. Only thing is I know the next DS is 5 seconds away, think I should just hold out or wait for a price drop? I need my internet peers to tell me what to do.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
I would wait for the 3DS, it's launching within the next 10 months anyways. If Nintendo announces a price drop before September though, I would get a DSi.

I've been thinking about getting a second DS (so I could do stuff like play GBA games, import Pokemon to SoulSilver in the Pal Park, trade Pokemon with myself, etc.), it looks like my best optio would be a phat DS for about $80.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
Is there a way to rearrange the list of downloaded games on the DSi system menu?

EDIT:  I figured it out.  You have to highlight the game, press up on the D-pad and then move it around using left and right on the D-pad.  Talk about unintuitive!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:19:10 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
Is there a way to rearrange the list of downloaded games on the DSi system menu?

EDIT:  I figured it out.  You have to highlight the game, press up on the D-pad and then move it around using left and right on the D-pad.  Talk about unintuitive!

Um... really?
You can use the stylus to lift the game up, scroll to where you want to put it and drop it down.

Also, there's a manual that comes with the system. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »
Still not intuitive.  Who lifts the game tile "above" the row?  It makes sense to hold it and then move it left or right--not up.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2010, 04:05:02 AM »
Still not intuitive.  Who lifts the game tile "above" the row?  It makes sense to hold it and then move it left or right--not up.

It makes sense. It's like you are pulling it out of the line and then dropping it back down somewhere else. Besides, how often are you going to need to rearrange your channels?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2010, 01:59:49 PM »
Besides, how often are you going to need to rearrange your channels?

New games I download are added to the end of the list but since those are likely going to be the ones I'm playing the most of they need to be moved to the front of the list.  So pretty much every time I download a game.  ;)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
The menu should have multiple rows visible, this single long line is completely stupid.