Author Topic: GameCube still has the potential to be "revolutionary"  (Read 7274 times)

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: GameCube still has the potential to be "revolutionary"
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2004, 07:01:35 AM »
What??? are we under attack again? hmmmm..... intresting views. But like most people, I find online better on the PC per see. Surfing and what not. as a primary feature, Consoles are just a bonus. Still Lag issues and framerates all need to be fixed and adjusted before I hope on the banwagon of consoles online.

Still online doesn't make it better.

Also there's irony in your sig,

Someone tell me if I'm off

But isn't EB and Gamestop own by the same company?

Ohhhh the irony!!! how delicious
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
RE:GameCube still has the potential to be "revolutionary"
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2004, 07:12:40 AM »
Rich, I never said that I was arguing with his views, and that he can keep them for all I care.  I just said that I disagree.  I was not trying to persuade anyone.  As you said, I was expressing my opinion by giving the pros and the cons of what I, yes..ME!!, think are what should happen.  AdvancedGamer could keep his views and sleep with them, that's his bag.  Same as you, Rich, you can stick your views up your butt and I would just be "Maybe it's comfortable" but I'm voicing MY opinion and if you don't like it, go over there.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2004, 08:24:32 PM »
Well, first of all EB is Gamestop's main competitor I am an employee there so I think I would know, next time your at EB ask if they are affiliates with GameStop.

Next, Sargent, if you are trying to make your views and opinions seem better then someone elses then I consider that argueing. Someone said that online gaming was good, and you argued and said it was bad. So you may just be throwing your opinions out on the floor but at the same time you are arguing against someone elses.

Just to clarify, I think that online gaming is great but its not the future as many people are saying, to be honest it brings absolutly nothing new to video games just allows you to play different people at the same game. Also online gaming on consoles is still in its infancy, given time to grow and mature I'm sure it will be just like PC online gaming

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 06:03:43 AM »
I never said that I was arguing.  I'm arguing with you because I feel that I'm right, but about the online issue I was talking about disagreeing.  It IS right to do that with opinions isn't it?  I mean, last time I heard, people had a say when they felt something different about a topic.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2004, 03:56:20 PM »
Nintendo being online is a must next gen.  I don't care if YOU or Nintendo think its profitable or not.  I don't care if theres a Goddamn 2 second lag on king of fighters.  What I care about is public perception.  If the game caN be online for MS or Sony, why can;t Nintendo deliver?  Thats how the majority of lemmings,  IE;gamers, will read the situation.  Can't any of you rubes see that?

To loosely quote one of my all time favorite movies:"Its not what you are like, it's what you like."  Now, to me, that is the perfect explanation of Nintendos problems right now.  Great games can only take you so far, unfortunately.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2004, 07:07:07 PM »
I agree with Omen

Offline BrandNew

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2004, 07:10:11 PM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
Nintendo being online is a must next gen.  I don't care if YOU or Nintendo think its profitable or not.  I don't care if theres a Goddamn 2 second lag on king of fighters.  What I care about is public perception.  If the game caN be online for MS or Sony, why can;t Nintendo deliver?  Thats how the majority of lemmings,  IE;gamers, will read the situation.  Can't any of you rubes see that?

To loosely quote one of my all time favorite movies:"Its not what you are like, it's what you like."  Now, to me, that is the perfect explanation of Nintendos problems right now.  Great games can only take you so far, unfortunately.

I disagree.  Public perception is nice and all, but since when did casual gamers in general view Nintendo in a positive way?  Simply adding online to their next console won't do them justice.  No matter what Nintendo does, there will always be that one gamer who thinks they are an inferior company than every other one.  What gamers need now is something new that everyone can come together and play for the first time.  Point to: the DS and the Revolution.  If Nintendo does that, they can achieve a much, much better public view.

Great games take you farther than more multiplayer modes, sorry.

Now Playing:

GC: Tales of Symphonia
PS2: Kingdom Hearts
Xbox: Ninja Gaiden
GBA: Mario and Luigi
PS: Chono Cross
N64: Super Mario 64
SNES: Seiken Densetsu 3
NES: The Legend of Zelda

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2004, 05:50:45 AM »
But its the multiplayer modes that really make things something.  As long as you have those multiplayer modes for people around the world to connect then those great games can be at their best.  Also online does take you farther.  Because it doesn't just have to be with friends.  What if you play this awesome adventure where you just solo?  Your advenure can be controlled by gods or enemy that are controlled by other players making it seem like single player but with some online features making it seem that the characters are more real than they are .
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline RCmodeler

• banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 03:55:20 AM »

Originally posted by: AdvancedGamerONLINE GAMEPLAY IS A REVOLUTION AND IS PROBABLY THE MOST "REVOLUTIONARY" THING EVERY TO HAPPEN TO GAMING. Why Nintendo ignores this fact boggles my mind. Why Nintendo fan boys ignore this fact boggle my mind.

(1) It's not revolutionary.  I was playing online battles with my friends as early as 1988.  The concept is nearly 20 years old!

(2) I don't think it will ever attract the mainstream (read: $profitable$) gamer. It just isn't as much fun and/or worth the monthly cost, and I predict like PC online games, it will be a small (<5%), niche community.

(3) Nintendo is ignoring online gaming, but I don't see it hurting their bottom line. The small 1% who abandoned Nintendo for Xbox/PS2 Online don't matter, because Nintendo is still rolling in the greenbacks.
Disclaimer: The message you just read is my opinion.  If you do not like my opinion, I apologize in advance.  Please explain where my opinion is wrong or fallacious.  Thank you. -----  PLAY GAMES FOR FREE! -   http://www.atariguide.com

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
does mode red run nintendo now?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post