Author Topic: Nintendo DS Revealed  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo DS Revealed
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 08:48:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I don't know why they didn't just go with a switch like the GBA has though.  There is no way at all that someone will accidently hit a switch thinking it's a button.

I once turned off my SP when I tried to turn down the volume.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 09:18:03 AM »

Originally posted by: HyuugaYuurei
this is really cool I can't wait til its released I'll be the first in line when pre-orders start

um, pre-orders have already started (at least where I am, maryland) I got mine pre-ordered at Gamestop a few weeks ago

Edit: wanna add that the new design looks SWEET!!!  Now all we need are some neat advertisements for it to get the word out.  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo DS Revealed
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 09:30:31 AM »
Myxtika1: Yeah, whydid they have to swap the volume and power control? The GBC had it exactly the other way around.

I don't get why people are complaining abot not being able to tell buttons apart. I guess that might be my practice with the SNES but I have no problem finding a button blindly even when they're all identical. I work by position, not shape. I only once or twice had problems with slipping into the wrong row on the SNES (because at that point Super Metroid used only two buttons so I had my fingers only on those two, didn't notice when I got the wrong ones once) and the Sidewinder Pad (6 front buttons, can happen!). The PS2 imitation pad I have now is no problem, as were the other two most of the time. At first you just remember that A is yellow and X is blue on the SNES, after a while you just remember "A is there, B is there", etc.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 10:29:21 AM »
SNES controllers in the US don't have yellow or blue colors... The only two colors are purple and a lighter shade of purple.

I don't have a problem with the xbox's button settings, but the ps2's really confuse me sometimes.  What's up with the different shapes for buttons?
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Epitaph

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 10:40:27 AM »
Im not trying to be a bitch or anything but I still find the psp looks better. Although Il always perfer nintendo games and quality to sony's stuff. It always breaks down. Also if im not mistaken sony's battery life for games is like 6 hours, its gamegear all over again. So nintendo should be kicking ass once again. The new look is alot better.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 10:43:59 AM »
Are you serious? Some of you guys actually have trouble telling the buttons apart? And you call yourselves gamers. I can honestly say I have never gotten confused as to which button I was pushing on a controller. You guys need more coordination, I swear.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 11:07:45 AM »
BOOM TSK.

The new design looks much better, in my opinion (and everyone else's, apparently).  I don't think they'll be issues about the power button thing.  Nintendo is sure to provide some safety feature.  Plus, I'm not worried because not once have a tried to press a button and missed comepletely.

Two pics aren't enough! I want MORE! I want to be able to see this thing from all angles

I'm guessing Nintendo will do the same thing they did with the SP and put an interactive 3D model on their website.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

I like it but then I didn't really think the original design was all that ugly. This looks much better though and I hope idiots like the Gamespy staff who think the PSP will be more successful because it looks sleeker will f*cking shut-up now.

My sentiments exactly.

I really didn't expect so drastic change. It does look really cool, though.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Shagam

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2004, 01:42:14 PM »

Originally posted by: Epitaph
Im not trying to be a bitch or anything but I still find the psp looks better. Although Il always perfer nintendo games and quality to sony's stuff. It always breaks down. Also if im not mistaken sony's battery life for games is like 6 hours, its gamegear all over again. So nintendo should be kicking ass once again. The new look is alot better.

I have to agree. Although 6 hours isn't horrible by any means (I have awful memories of my game gear...which had a 2 hour battery life on 6 AA's...urgh), I expect the DS to be a lot better, so yeah, I'm more grateful for that. The DS doesn't look like $600 like the PSP might, but it's mighty fine looking to me.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »
Finally teh RegGiE speaks, even if it is just canned PR spin...(Needs to insert another kick ass take names statement somwhere.)

Yeah its a dy-no-mite looking machine they have now; though it seems that and the PSP in my mind are now in dead even in looks. But as well all know, looks aren't everything.

Smart move to keep the name DS. its simple, easy to remember, and sounds hype.

Maybe one month from now they'll mention a price? And a month after, have a more solid idea of launch titles? Nah, too convienient.

With the loose talk of the DS being 179.99, and some gamers willing to pay that 'affordable' price, maybe I'll try and be a real good boy just in time for christmas...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2004, 02:22:54 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Are you serious? Some of you guys actually have trouble telling the buttons apart? And you call yourselves gamers. I can honestly say I have never gotten confused as to which button I was pushing on a controller. You guys need more coordination, I swear.

Hey, give me some credit here. I wasn't talking about games with B for shooting and A for jumping. Try playing a random Japanese rhythm game with a PS controller and you'll know exactly what I mean. The game will own you so bad in the first hour. It'll be so frantic, you will press the wrong buttons over and over again. But I do like A, B, X, Y more than cross, square, triangle and circle. I dunno, I could never tell the buttons apart without looking at it.

Ah, I'll shut up now.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 05:11:14 PM »
You don't play rhythm games with a controller you crazy fool.   :-)
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 05:51:19 PM »
Parapa the Rapper comes to mind.... **shutters**

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 07:42:50 PM »
This is great, I didn't expect any big news reports at this time of the year, at the end of July, and BAM!  The new design is superb, I couldn't ask for more (still wanted an analog stick but oh well), they really did an amazing job.  Bigger buttons, you name it.  Everything is symmetrical and looks like it's in the exact place it should be.  I like the frame around the bottom screen too.  Is that little inlet in front of the bottom screen where the stylus is held?  I'd love to see a black Nintendo 64 edition of it too, in addition to a snes one.  I do love the color of this one though, it looks platinum.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 08:14:09 PM »
The DS will fit nicely in Daisy's shorts pocket.  Among other places.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Radiostorm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 08:27:13 PM »
You can't spell "damn sexy" without DS.

I'm loving the sleek new look.
I'm a genius in France.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 08:38:23 PM »
Yeah this thing does look really good, I've always been amazed at how well Nintendo handles its handhelds, they seem to do everything right with them, and they got the DS to look great.

And whoever wanted to reserve the DS, I work at a Gamestop in Palatine IL. and there are reserves but there is no word on final price and you have to pay a $25 deposit, at least thats what they are having us do. EB might be different.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 08:47:46 PM »

Parapa the Rapper comes to mind.... **shutters**

What about American Idol and Um jammer lammy  *UBER SHUTTERS*****
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 10:37:11 PM »
If It where possible to have my way with the Image of the new DS I would.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2004, 03:55:00 AM »
I will probably pre-order from GAME, because not only do I get double reward points, next day delivery will be free (over 100 quid) and I will pay the lowest price that they have between now and release. Its good, because if they drop the price I pay that but if it goes up I still pay the lower price.

Good thing they bought out EB!

Is there any news on a 3D Online Model?

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2004, 06:36:23 AM »
yeah rich, it is the same way with pre-orders at the gamestop here in hagerstown maryland.  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2004, 08:49:38 AM »

We're just going to end up with games that have an exaggerated stereo mix, even worse than TV.

Don't you start talkin' bad about the T.V.
Anyhoo it's MUCH better however some colorfull buttons would be nice. Some different colors would be nice too. Red, black, lime green, maybe yellow whatever works.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2004, 08:59:01 AM »
Different color buttons would seriously look tacky with the platinum cover...Perhaps they could change the color of the buttons to match the color of the DS(as a lighter blue for buttons of a blue DS, etc), but even then......  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2004, 09:59:56 AM »
I like the new look, I also didn't mind the old look either.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Tuxedo.Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Renny
Damned crotch shot....

Oh, the DS. This is obviously much sleeker. The lid is kind of wonky, but I'm just being a bitch now. Hopefully the chat comment was hinting at it being bulit-in, but I won't hold my breath.

And I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate on the speakers. Stereo speakers on such a small device are utterly worthless. We're just going to end up with games that have an exaggerated stereo mix, even worse than TV. Maybe most games will have a 'headphones' setting.

What do you mean by that? If you mean having a Microphone built in, Then the answer is, YES. In the picture if you look closely you can see a tiny hole with the name "Mic" above it.