Author Topic: Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Metaphysical Spirit

• The Aggressive Coconut!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:15:45 AM »
Of course, Reading the all the books and seeing all the movies at the midnight showings.. I love Lord of the Rings. As detailed Lord of the Rings are in the books.. (3 big books worth for one story!) I thought the Hobbit was excellent and better than Lord of the Rings. I read an interview with Peter Jackson saying that he though if anyone did The Hobbit the movie, It wouldn't feel right unless it was him who made it. So maybe he is thinking about doing The Hobbit too. I really would like to see that. The Hobbit is such a good book.. Full of Dragons, Huge Wars, Magic, Mystery, and EVEN RIDDLES! Hah! I just though the Hobbit had more heart into than The Lord of the Rings. Granted, Tolkien put more time into Lord of the Rings (Obviously because it's 3 books). Just thought what you guys think is really better, and if you would enjoy to see The Hobbit movie.  
I'm aggresive, and I'm the rarest of the rare! Fear me Now! For I am....

THE AGGRESSIVE COCONUT!!!!!!!

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:32:23 AM »
Well that's a rather bold statement from Mr. Jackson, but I agree. ^_^ I'd like to see him make it. I read an article saying that there was some problem with Mirimax having the rights to produce the movie and New Line having the license to do it. Hopefully they'll get it worked out cause I wanna see wolves burst into flames.

I too liked The Hobbit. I don't know about more than the trilogy, but it was very good. A friend of mine (not mouse this time ^_^) didn't like it. I have a feeling it was too 73h k1dd13 for him. That's pretty much the same reason he refuses to by a Cube.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.