Author Topic: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!  (Read 34857 times)

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2004, 10:57:53 AM »
I'm really interested in getting a glimpse of the top-down camera used in the dungeons. I think this pic shows what they are talking about. It seems like it would be great means it would give it a kind of classic 2D Zelda feel to it. I hope you will have control of the camera, so that you will be able to spin it around 360Ā°, sort of like when you were in the boart in WW.  
Hey, kid! Iā€™m a computer! Stop all the downloadinā€™! Help computer!

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2004, 12:35:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill

Originally posted by: akdaman1

Originally posted by: Draygaia

Originally posted by: Bill
"I was losing faith in Nintendo and the Zelda series but OMG."

You see, it's bullshit like this that separates true Zelda fans from the posers...

Thank you.

What is it with you?

I was a little dissapointed in WW so I have to be flamed?  It was a good game but no-where near as good as OOT. I found MM and WW to be dissapointments. Its an opinion and respect that. And yes I am a true Zelda fan, just because I dont love every Zelda game doesnt mean that I dont love the series. Grow up. Just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean you have to flame me.

You just have to deal with the fact that I pounce at anyone who disses ANY Zelda game...The fact that you said that you were "losing faith in the Zelda series" isn't just an "act of disappointment" but a full-out attack on the Zelda series...And for that, I will flame you...End of story...

Saying I was losing faith is a full-out attack? A full on attack would be - Zelda sucks balls. Why does Link have a boat? Hasnt he taught Epona how to swim? What a stupid horse trainer. Little Kidish graphics. Why is this game so easy? Oh yeah they wanna make it accessiable to dogs and birds. Stupid Nintendo.

That is a full on attack. Dont take everything so seriously. If I didnt love WW doesnt mean I hate the series. I also didnt love MM ( I actually hated it ) but that doesnt mean I hate the series. Its an opinoin. Im not the only one. Over the past few days I have seen countless posts of people saying that thier faith in Nintendo is restored because of Zelda.

Now if you wanna be a little fanboy who attacks anyone who slightly disses your favourite series then fine. But do it by PM because we have just killed this topic.

"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2004, 12:55:13 PM »

Now if you wanna be a little fanboy who attacks anyone who slightly disses your favourite series then fine. But do it by PM because we have just killed this topic.

I don't think he's mad that you didn't like Wind Waker or hated Majora's Mask, he probably just thinks you have some very poor reasons for thinking so. The post also had Bill's unique flare of humor.

Also, never, ever hide behind the excuse "it's my opinion"- that's the one thing on message boards that pisses me off the most. Don't post your opinion on a public forum if you don't want it to be publicly criticized. If you're going to have an opinion, prepare to justify it- I'm not saying you haven't or won't, but there's absolutely no reason to even bring up the fact that you're entitled to our opinion because it doesn't hold any bearing in the discussion at all. You may be entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean we aren't entitled to our own opinion conerning it. Sorry for getting off-topic, but I see this hapenning a lot.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
RE: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2004, 01:06:44 PM »
" he probably just thinks you have some very poor reasons for thinking so. "
"Also, never, ever hide behind the excuse "it's my opinion""

Talk about arrogant. HE doesnt need an f'in reason, he can simply just not like it.  I also see no need for him to justify an opinion to anyone here. Not everyone is a Zelda kiss arse, and they dont need to explain why.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2004, 01:07:53 PM »
Uh, yeah...

*Neatly sidesteps pointless vitriolic argument*

How about them horses?

You guys think there'll be a boss you'll need the horse to get past? Because I can just imagine it, you know... line up with the enemy and charge, dodging whatever he throws at you, cutting him, turning around for another charge.

Sort of like medieval times where you had these two knights charging each other... in fact I want that to be a minigame.

It makes me froth at the mouth... my paladin-ness has been awakened.  
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2004, 01:12:55 PM »

Talk about arrogant. HE doesnt need an f'in reason, he can simply just not like it. I also see no need for him to justify an opinion to anyone here. Not everyone is a Zelda kiss arse, and they dont need to explain why.

If they're not going to explain why then they shouldn't complain when their opinions are criticized. If you can't justify your opinion then what's the point in having it at all? I don't care if you don't like Zelda- I don't care if you don't like ANY game- you just better have a good reason. You don't have to justify your opinion, just don't get pissed off when people get on your case for it.  

Anyway, I've said too much already, so that's my final word on the subject.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2004, 01:45:28 PM »
Adding off of what Mouse said, don't expect everyone to bow down to your opinion...In fact, you should expect the opposite and be prepared for those that oppose your opinion with their OWN opinions...With that said, I wasn't 100% serious in my last post, in that I'm not going to flame you for disliking Wind Waker...I certainly don't like that opinion, but there's nothing I can do to change it...The thing that pissed me off was akdaman's statement about the status of the Zelda series, as that takes the series as a whole, and I take the series pretty damn seriously(the ONLY thing you will see me riled about)...So if you don't like it, go ahead and voice that you don't like the Zelda series...I don't really care...But don't be surprised if I jump on your back for it, hypocritical or not...(And cubed, another one of my points was that a true Zelda fan wouldn't lay such cold-hearted remarks on absolutely amazing reinditions of the series...Since you aren't a "Zelda kissarse"(More like Madden kissarse, right?) then you wouldn't fit in the category...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2004, 02:01:40 PM »
"More like Madden kissarse, right?"

actually I prefer Tigerwoods 2004 and NHL 2004 over Madden.

As for Zelda, the new games does "look" great, but I have never really liked any of the Zelda games. They just arent my cup of tea. I will try the new game when it is out, as I have done the others. Hopefully this one sticks.

"I don't care if you don't like ANY game- you just better have a good reason."

LOL, get over yourself son.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2004, 02:17:12 PM »
I think you guys are being too hard on canuck.  He's for the most part right.  The Zelda series has been slipping a little since Ocarina of Time.  Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are not bad games, in fact they're great, but they're not as good as Ocarina.  I thought Wind Waker was a good game and well worth buying but it wasn't quite on par with the N64 games and I would consider it one of the worst Zeldas.  That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just a **** affair rather than a ***** one.  When a game series includes such classics as A Link to the Past, Link's Awankening, and Ocarina of Time it's REALLY hard to maintain that level of quality.  Wind Waker is disappointing compared to the very best Zelda games but the Zelda series is so known for quality that's hardly a bad thing.

If they cut back on the sailing, upped the difficulty to the point where you actually die a few times (I've never seen the Wind Waker game over screen), and had more dungeons a game made in the same style of Wind Waker could easily be on par with the best Zelda titles.  If this new realistic Zelda is just as easy as Wind Waker and has some lame fetch quest in place of more dungeons then I'll criticize it just as much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2004, 02:26:56 PM »
I'm hard on everyone who criticizes the Zelda series, so it's not cubed I'm after..

And I agree with the fact that WW isn't the best Zelda game, and it would be silly to think so...But I do place the game higher on my list(though it's not a large gap) than OoT...I like Link's Awakening and LttP much more... ^_^

(And you have to realize that the difficulty problem is something you can find in a lot of Nintendo games, mainly because they are focusing on a range of gaming ages, as well as the fact that the Japanese like easier games...)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2004, 03:16:46 PM »
Am I the only one who likes Majoras Mask more than Ocarina of Time? It annoys me when people state OoT being the "best" Zelda as fact. The Wind Waker and OoT are tied for my second favourite Zelda game. Wind Waker does lots of things wrong but what it does right it does so amazingly well that it all balances out.

I hope Nintendo releases a Wind Waker: Master Quest someday.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2004, 03:25:21 PM »
Well, I divide them into two different categories- my favorite and the best made. I think Majora's Mask was better made Zelda (and the best made in the series), but I enjoyed Ocarina of Time more than Majora's Mask. So Majora's Mask is the better game, as it had better graphics, a more developed world, more intricate dungeons, a much deeper story, etc, but Ocarina of Time is my favorite game. That's how I see things, at least.  

I hope Nintendo releases a Wind Waker: Master Quest someday.

THAT would please all the people who said Wind Waker was too easy. I racked my brain over OoT: Master Quest, especially since I kept trying to do the dungeons the way I thought I was supposed to.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2004, 03:32:26 PM »
hmm maybe this takes place before ocarina...link had a daddy...his mommy fled to the forest because of the big war....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2004, 05:29:16 PM »
Doubtful, But I guess anythings possible. But I think it's a totally new and unrelated timeline Zelda. Or possibly something to do with the Hero of Time.

We'll have to wait for more info, anyone know if there will be a SpaceWorld this year? Could be a nice time to show it off more and give some info.

I think Bill is after Cubed and all his friends

What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »

Am I the only one who likes Majoras Mask more than Ocarina of Time?

Absolutely not, though we seem to be a minority. I donĀ“t like the dungeons in MM anywhere near as much as I do the ones in OoT, but the storytelling aspect and re-occuring themes seal it for me. I just traded in my Cube and bought another one with the collectorĀ“s disc to play this game, and IĀ“m loving it.

Honestly guys, you need to calm down. This incessant bickering in almost any topic related to online/WW really pulls the forum down.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2004, 07:57:16 PM »
"(And you have to realize that the difficulty problem is something you can find in a lot of Nintendo games, mainly because they are focusing on a range of gaming ages, as well as the fact that the Japanese like easier games...)"

I don't need Contra hard or anything.  I just need to die a few times or come close to it to give that feeling that when I  encounter a bad guy I'm in danger.  I didn't have that feeling of fear in Wind Waker.  I rarely even used up any fairies.  In the N64 games I would enter a dungeon with four bottled fairies and by the time I got out of there I had lost at least one of them.  Towards the end of the game I would usually only have one left or none.  It just has to be that hard.  Considering Ocarina of Time sold huge lowering the difficulty to appeal more to kids or Japanese gamers isn't necessary.

And if Japanese gamers like easier games why are shooters so popular there?  I always found that really weird.  Those games are the hardest there is.

"Am I the only one who likes Majoras Mask more than Ocarina of Time?"

For a while I thought I did like MM more until I played Ocarina again on the Cube.  I find OoT is more consistently well made overall.  I really loved the side quests and the three day cycle in MM but I didn't like the way there was a time limit for the dungeons or how you couldn't save any time.  Plus the reusing of character models was really lame.  Still MM is easily on par with OoT and I didn't feel let down by it at all.  Majora's Mask is a game that I would consider essential for any gamer to play.  It's a perfect example of innovation in a sequel that doesn't hurt the familiar feel of the game.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2004, 08:29:36 PM »
But Ian, Shooters are much more straight forward. get to the end of the trail alive by shooting every one. In Zelda that trail isn't clear, forcing you to use your brain. Thats why I think Zelda is harder then most FPS.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2004, 08:34:58 PM »

as well as the fact that the Japanese like easier games

I know this is said a lot, but where exactly does it come from? IĀ“m not necessarily questioning it, but IĀ“ve never seen and sales figures or anything that suggest it.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2004, 08:44:05 PM »
"But Ian, Shooters are much more straight forward. get to the end of the trail alive by shooting every one. In Zelda that trail isn't clear, forcing you to use your brain. Thats why I think Zelda is harder then most FPS."

Sorry for the confusion but when I said "shooter" I specifically meant "shmup".  Games like Gradius and R-Type that require twitch reflexes and are really hard.  I guess I'm just being a geezer gamer but I always associate those games with the term "shooter".  First person shooters are way different and I don't think they sell well at all in Japan.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2004, 09:04:11 PM »
Shooters (shmup, not FPS) aren't really popular over there, either. They appeal to a hardcore audience, but in Japan companies apparently care for that audience and don't just look at the mainstream appeal of their games. Or we simply never hear about the mainstream stuff .

As for the OOT vs. WW debate, I don't know how you can consider OOT superior. Sure, it has more dungeons and stuff, but Wind Waker had the BETTER dungeons. I admit I'm not further than the forest temple yet, but so far each dungeon annoyed me more than the previous one. When I wasn't fighting with the camera, it was the godawful lock-on system (thanks, but I'm used to being able to lock on when it's clear which one I want to target, NOT wait until that stupid fairy finishes flying over there). Those Octorocks became REALLY annoying, too. Also, not being able to skip text scrolling is one of the things that annoy me the most in japanese games and OOT strikes the bull's eye here. The travel distances were annoying as well and seem almost longer than WW's (even though that could be attributed to WW's more interesting map). I barely explore the world because you have to run 5 minutes to get anywhere. WW isn't the best Zelda game ever (that honor belongs to one of the 2d games), but it sure as hell is better than that annoy-a-thon OOT. In my oppinion OOT is too dark and the new game seems to go into the same direction. Bah.

As for the new Zelda, we'll see. They should be able to make better dungeons than in OOT and they probably will use the controls of Wind Waker or even improve on them. The game has the potential to be great, let's hope they use it.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2004, 09:33:07 PM »
"WW isn't the best Zelda game ever (that honor belongs to one of the 2d games).......

In my oppinion OOT is too dark and the new game seems to go into the same direction. Bah."

You say the best zelda belongs to the 2d games and argueably a link to the past for snes is hailed as the best.  Then you go and say OOT is too dark and how the new one is headed in that direction.  A Link to the Past is way darker than OOT.  The reason it isnt viewed in that light is becuase the graphics werent as advanced back then to portray everything.  In LttP, the game starts out in a dark stormy night, you go to the castle and find your uncle ( I think he was his uncle) dieing.  When has anyone died in a zelda game, I cant really remember many.  The alternate world in LttP is way darker than the future in OoT.  The dark theme has been there for years, now is only when its become apparent becuase of the level of graphics today.  I am a big fan of WW and OoT (and every major zelda release lol) Each give you a different feel and I appreciate both.  WW makes you feel like a kid in a story book adventure wheres OoT and I'm guessin the new zelda will give a feel of a adventure just with a more dramatic, serious visual tone.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2004, 09:33:34 PM »
Going back to OoT and MM after WW was much harder than I though, especially with regards to the camera. People seem to like most the Zeldas that they play when they are new. I guess peopleĀ“s taste in games isnĀ“t backwards compadible.

I think the best way to rank the overall popularity of the Zelda games would be to find the proportion of their consoleĀ“s userbase that bought the game.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2004, 09:37:12 PM »
Something I been thinkin bout, do you think nintendo will have another special disk for the preorder of the next zelda?  Maybe they can put the old gameboy zelda's on a disk and give them a lil gba or snes upgrade in the graphics department.  That'll be sick lol.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2004, 11:49:13 PM »
Cubed - Thanks for backing us up.

Also to Mouse and Bill - I did post an explanation but the page screwed up. Its a problem with my anti-virus. O.K. The reason I didnt LOVE Zelda was because of the difficulty, the sailing and the length.

TBH I am a major Zelda fan.

When I first played OOT it quickly became my favourite ever game. It only had one flaw and that was the Water and Shadow temples. I loved it.

When I bought a PS1 I never looked back on my N64 and never knew that there was a Majoras Mask. So when I found out about MM I borrowed it off a friend and played it. Now Im not sure if its because of it being last generation or me not liking the concept but I absouloutly HATED the game.

But this didnt turn me off WW. Oh hell no. When  WW came out I was the happiest person ever. I was LOVING the game. It went down as the best ever ...until ... The sailing grew tedious. I realised that the challenge was never coming. The last 2 dungeons sucked ass. I still liked the game but to me it was a dissapointment. It wasnt cause of the Cel-shading. I would have welcomed the cel-shading as long as thier was no sailing. Although I would much rather have the more Gritty look that we are getting now.

Now onto the rest of the Zelda series. I have played them but I dont like them. I am not a huge fan of gameboy games. The only gameboy game I ever liked was Fire Emblem and Mario and Luigi.

Although my track record with the Zelda series aint good. I still believe it is a great series and one of the best ever.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Ocarina Blue

as well as the fact that the Japanese like easier games

I know this is said a lot, but where exactly does it come from? IĀ“m not necessarily questioning it, but IĀ“ve never seen and sales figures or anything that suggest it.

You can even find this in reviews in gaming mags such as Famitsu...They knocked F-Zero's score down a bit thanks to an upped difficulty...

(And how can you be a Zelda fan without even liking LttP or LA?  Meh!)