Author Topic: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!  (Read 34856 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 02:29:11 PM »
He basically talked about how Link had grown up for this Zelda and that while Link progresses, so will he...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2004, 03:52:26 PM »
Man this rocks!!!! I'm as giddy as a Japanese school Girl ( heh not that I am )

Link is awesome, I hope more will be revealed.
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2004, 04:14:50 PM »
Wow the lighting in the forest is absolutely beautiful. This game is gonna rock the house.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2004, 04:30:53 PM »

edit: does anyone else agree the presenter was lame? C'mon: "Its not online, its no-line!"

take that back! Frankenstein did an outstanding job presenting, Nintendo's conference was FAR better than the pie-graph-o-rama that was Sony's presentation, and while i didn't see it Microsoft had a pretty poor one also. Nintendo's had energy, and frankenstine.

allthough the Sony CEO did say Onrine, and that is hilarious engrish fun.
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2004, 05:14:40 PM »
I really hope there are Gibdos in this game. Considering the amount of detail that Link has they ought to look awesome. The Redeads better be in the game as well. I also hope there's a classic dragon boss like Gleeok and a spidery Ghoma too.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 06:22:52 PM »
"You wanted pretty Link, you got him."
--Chris @ Nintendorks

I hope you're all happy you got the Boy-Toy you've all wanted.
I'm delighted to see a Zelda adventure with a dark, "tangible" atmosphere.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »
I want to know if Silicon Knights is tied into this.

Come on, it's too much of a coincidence.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 09:15:37 PM »
I don't like the LotR atmosphere it has, but I hope the game will be good nonetheless.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 09:36:02 PM »
Heh, I've said it for a long time. That there was infact TWO Zeldas being worked on. One was WW the other The Continuation of the SW2000 demo.

People didn't believe me, But I knew. I posted alot of what I thought would be the case over IGN boards, before they went pay for all our crap BS. Heh time to eat some crow for those who didn't think it was possible,
this proves it.

My IGN s/n was Jace3957 Mouse_Clicker and I go back

But enough of my ranting, I've been dying to do it.

This looks so awesome, Can't wait to play it. Will there be a playable demo on hands at E3?

Since it's Far up in there.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2004, 10:57:23 PM »
You asked for it, and now you got it.

NOW QUIT YOUR BITCHING.

I had to say that (although no one is bitching now).  Over the past 2 years, I was sick and tired of people bitching about wanting a realistic Zelda, just so they could compete with the Hayloe and GTA fanboys.

I wished EAD used the cel-shading engine again, as I loved it and it fitted the Zelda world perfectly.   Does that mean I hated the new Zelda trailer?  NO!  It blew me away, just as it did to you.  In fact, I've watched it like 10 times already, and gets my vote as the best video game trailer evar! The graphix are awesome, although, judging from some of the pix, some textures are blurry, and need some work.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2004, 11:02:58 PM »
Nintendo CAN'T turn their back on this game now.
It would be suicide.
The reason why I loved WW and Link was because it was so fluid and animated - facial expressions, body movement, his eyes - you just fell in love with him! And the enemies were awesome too!
If they could carry those same emotionally charged animatics into the realistic Zelda then by GOD that would be heaven. Star Fox Adventures was a great start.
Sweeping romances, as Bill ( ) said, and epic battles is the next revolution in Zelda. Sure there still will be exploration, but massive real-time battles would be cool too, perhaps we will actually see the Hyrulian Army in action, rather than just being mere guards or mentioned in story, with Link as the leader!

Ok, so it won't be on the scale of Lord of the Rings, but given the epic look it has already, and the fact that Link really does look like a battle-weary soldier, that should be more a possibility now.  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2004, 11:18:26 PM »
First off, I was a little troubled when I saw the cel-shaded look way back when, but after I saw some footage, I quickly knew that Windwaker was gonna be tight. I absolutely loved every aspect of it, the only exception is that it could've been longer (dead horse alert). When I saw this video, I just about crapped myself. Nintendo sure did pull a 180 on us...not once, but twice. I think what totally sold it for me was just the amount of detail on Link...I mean, he even has a chainmail tunic!! His green tunic's designs almost make it look like it could be a thick leather tunic, if it were a little shiny. I can't wait to see where this game is going, it doesn't look like it could be a direct sequel of WW, but anything's possible. Hopefully there are some new items to boot.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2004, 11:20:47 PM »
"Nintendo however confirmed to IGNcube that the newly redesigned title does in fact run on a modified version of the Wind Waker engine. The company also revealed that the new Legend of Zelda is in fact not a remake of any kind, but instead an entirely original undertaking.

Meanwhile, more gameplay details were divulged. Link will feature the same eye-tracking system used in Wind Waker.

Neither Shigeru Miyamoto nor Eiji Aonuma will be directing the Legend of Zelda title. Both serve as producers. A new, still-secret director will helm the project."

--IGN

PaLaDiN, what were you trying to say earlier?  *_*

Offline reviewgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2004, 11:30:18 PM »
When Nintendo sprinkles its magic over the Zelda franchise, good things happen, regardless of what the game looks like, the game will sell like hot cakes and i cannot wait until the next zelda comes out so i can buy it. Keep up the good work Nintendo.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2004, 11:32:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666

Nah.......it couldn't be......  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »
Wow, incredible. I also watched it live and it was one of the best things i ever saw, shock and awe.

The graphics look great, but the gameplay in that trailer looks odd, and different, there's something missing.

I think this game might revolve around war... for some reason. The Legend of Zelda: War of Something.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »
I definitely did see some of WW essence in the trailer.  The speed link was moving at while fighting and he has combos.  The demo looks pretty damn sweet and like griffin i can't get over the chainmail.  For a long time, i've been saying to my friends that link would do well with chainmail and it just looks so right.
The charge from Lttp seems to make its return (probably thanks to sc2).

(Not much to add but i'm so excited i can't believe i can even form sentences)  
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2004, 12:44:09 AM »
Yeah, the first thing I thought when I read that sentence was "OMG, Denis Dyack?"

It's probably just a silly theory, but it would be infinitely cool if it were true.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2004, 12:45:58 AM »
When they say "WW engine" I'm inclined to believe that aspects of the character animations (eye movement), combat, lighting (palette dithering), and depth blurring were inherited from the WW engine.

I also remind myself of something I previously thought; these "new" graphics remind me of FFCC's graphics.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2004, 03:19:35 AM »

Originally posted by: AiAi

Originally posted by: Professional 666

Nah.......it couldn't be......

Couldn't it AiAi.....??? Couldn't it?

It seems highly possible, Dyack did hinted at this as well. But I'm not sure if he could be
the secret Director..... Hmmmm I smell something here.

Maybe we'll hear more stuff today.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2004, 04:02:15 AM »
If so, I want Ninty working INCREDIBLY close with SK...Like taking up all the gameplay aspects... ^_^

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2004, 05:01:18 AM »
all i can say is

I TOLD YA SO!!!! lol

When ww was announced, I spoke with  Nintendo through emails  for some time after. They hinted around that the spaceworld demo style was not dead but taking longer then expected. Giving us wind waker to fill the time or something along those lines.

Anyway,  years ago it now seems I tried sharing this info here to only be shot down and told  I was full of it. Well, now we got the best of both worlds just as promised.

Now all we need is a release date. damn I got lots of money I'll be spending over the next 365 days . time to sell off some of those old unused games finally.

anyone got a link to all the other movie footage ? none of the planet gamecube footage works for me. if only it was mpgs.  

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2004, 05:06:15 AM »
Unf***ing believeable!

THEY DID IT!

THEY GAVE US A REALISTIC ZELDA!!!

And I thought that it was all a hoax, when Nintendojo reported on 1. April that it was being made by a third party developer!

THIS, and the Nintendo DS, is what will put Nintendo BACK on the top of videogaming!

Only one thing to say to Nintendo: Thanks a billion!!!

Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2004, 06:04:25 AM »
Is that the Hero of Time? How is that possible if it is? Could this be set in Termina? So many questions. I was really hoping that shiggy was directing, all his games seem to have something "extra" that I dont get when somebody else directs. Nonetheless, I yearn for this game.  I dont think this game will be too LotR just because the whole time watching the movies I thought that they were just trying to be Zelda on a larger scale. I was wrong.

Does anybody eles worry that Ganon won't be in this game. Not because of the plot. Just because Zelda games never release back to back with Ganon as the main villian. But I'm speculating, details must come forth.

Can you imagin the possibilities with DSconectivity, scary, very scary indeed.  
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2004, 06:49:17 AM »
No, considering the open ending at the end of Wind Waker and that this game is even using the Wind Waker engine(strange, isn't it?) I believe this is Wind Waker 2...