Author Topic: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!  (Read 35035 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2004, 07:24:54 AM »
"If so, I want Ninty working INCREDIBLY close with SK...Like taking up all the gameplay aspects"

I agree.  I loved ED but in terms of raw gameplay it was pretty generic hack 'n' slash and the puzzles were kind of mediocre.  It was the sanity effects, the story, the attention to detail, and the spooky atmosphere that made it great.  Zelda however can't get by just on storyline and presentation.  Gameplay has always been the most important part of the series.  Zelda is like the benchmark of gameplay.  It's the standard that all other games are weighed against.  However we were all worried about Metroid Prime and with Miyamoto overseeing it it turned out to be a classic so as long as Shiggy's got a lot of influence in the design it should turn out great.

"Does anybody eles worry that Ganon won't be in this game."

No.  Link's Awakening is my favourite Zelda game and it doesn't take place in Hyrule or have Ganon.  All a Zelda game needs is Link and a world of dungeons for him to explore.

After watching the movie a few times there's a few more things I noticed.  First of all I love that shot in the forest.  It has individual trees!  I was really disappointed with how the forest turned out in the N64 games as they were really just green mazes.  This forest looks exactly what I envisioned when I first thought of Zelda in 3D.  Second this trailer takes place entirely on LAND and it's look pretty wide open too!  My biggest complaint with Wind Waker was that the sailing was tedious and the overworld was too bland because of all the water.  This looks like they're going to back to the LAND of Hyrule again.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2004, 07:30:30 AM »
"If so, I want Ninty working INCREDIBLY close with SK...Like taking up all the gameplay aspects"

I agree.  I loved ED but in terms of raw gameplay it was pretty generic hack 'n' slash and the puzzles were kind of mediocre.  It was the sanity effects, the story, the attention to detail, and the spooky atmosphere that made it great.  Zelda however can't get by just on storyline and presentation.  Gameplay has always been the most important part of the series.  Zelda is like the benchmark of gameplay.  It's the standard that all other games are weighed against.  However we were all worried about Metroid Prime and with Miyamoto overseeing it it turned out to be a classic so as long as Shiggy's got a lot of influence in the design it should turn out great.

"Does anybody eles worry that Ganon won't be in this game."

No.  Link's Awakening is my favourite Zelda game and it doesn't take place in Hyrule or have Ganon.  All a Zelda game needs is Link and a world of dungeons for him to explore.

After watching the movie a few times there's a few more things I noticed.  First of all I love that shot in the forest.  It has individual trees!  I was really disappointed with how the forest turned out in the N64 games as they were really just green mazes.  This forest looks exactly what I envisioned when I first thought of Zelda in 3D.  Second this trailer takes place entirely on LAND and it's look pretty wide open too!  My biggest complaint with Wind Waker was that the sailing was tedious and the overworld was too bland because of all the water.  This looks like they're going to back to the LAND of Hyrule again.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2004, 07:32:42 AM »
"No. Link's Awakening is my favourite Zelda game and it doesn't take place in Hyrule or have Ganon. All a Zelda game needs is Link and a world of dungeons for him to explore."

"After watching the movie a few times there's a few more things I noticed. First of all I love that shot in the forest. It has individual trees! I was really disappointed with how the forest turned out in the N64 games as they were really just green mazes. This forest looks exactly what I envisioned when I first thought of Zelda in 3D."

I'm a sucker for forest stages in games, and it was like Ninty read my thoughts when I saw it...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline almondblight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:REALISTIC ZELDA TRAILER!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2004, 07:33:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie
Does anybody eles worry that Ganon won't be in this game. Not because of the plot. Just because Zelda games never release back to back with Ganon as the main villian. But I'm speculating, details must come forth.

Worried, no.  Hoping?  Yes.  [and I assume by Ganon you mean Ganondorf, Ganon, or any G-A-N named villain]  Personally, I think fighting the same villain over and over agin gets a little old.  I wouldn't mind the game opening up with link trouncing him though, then moving on to something else.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2004, 08:54:05 AM »
The opening will be Ganondorf slashing through an army of hylian soldiers until the King cuts off his hand with the triforce. The king takes the triforce with him and passes it on from generation to generation. Flash forward, huge armies are laying siege to the Castle of Hyrule, Link is sent out to destroy the Trifoce in the fires of Mt. Doom. The title of the game fades in: "The Legend of Zelda: Lord of the Triforce"

I think the beginning of the video resembles the opening of OOT and even seems to use the same animations. The horse-to-warthog fighting seems interesting, will we get a lance?
There weren't many environments shown, I'd guess it isn't really far in development. In fact, with those ground textures I'd say they reused OOT's terrain and threw in a few static meshes. The whole thing is probably far from completion, obviously using lots of placeholders.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »
All i can say is.....

Think of how HOT Princess Zelda is gonna be....  8^o
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2004, 10:25:19 AM »
Yeah, I'm really excited about a huge open ended forest with individual trees too. It's always been at the top of my Zelda wish list.

I'm really glad to hear the eye tracking will still be in this game. I noticed in the trailer Link's eyes were watching the enemies. I hope the facial expressions will be there too. I was kind of nervous we would lose this stuff with the switch to realistic graphics.

Since this is going to be classified as a more grown-up Zelda game (Miyamoto said so himself) I hope the difficulty level will be increased, especially with the puzzles. I really hope we see some new types of puzzles as well. I'm really sick of the block pushing and lighting torches and other things we've seen a billion times.

One thing that makes me nervous is the idea that someone new is directing the game. I hope Miyamoto and Aonuma are keeping tight reigns on whoever it is. I'm mainly nervous because I'm not a big fan of the Capcom Zeldas. I think Capcom was given way too much freedom to do whatever they wanted to.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2004, 10:27:04 AM »

Originally posted by: PaleZer0
All i can say is.....

Think of how HOT Princess Zelda is gonna be....  8^o

He he, it would be something if they used OoT's style of Great Fairy in this game.  

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2004, 10:39:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
No, considering the open ending at the end of Wind Waker and that this game is even using the Wind Waker engine(strange, isn't it?) I believe this is Wind Waker 2...

The thing is, I remember somebody from Nintendo (forget who, or in what interview) mentioned that in WW2, Link would be a little older than before... perhaps the new "realistic" look was what he meant. On another forum, somebody came up with the intersting theory that the new look is how Link sees the world through his own eyes at that age, while WW's graphical style was how Link saw the world at a younger age.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2004, 10:58:20 AM »
TBH I dont think there ever was a WW2.

It was all a ploy to catch us off guard.  
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2004, 10:59:46 AM »
I wonder if it will be a large continent or a whole world.

I can see where the WW has had its affects here with the wonderful lighting and color.  The shot with the big red sun over the hilltop looked awesome.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2004, 11:40:49 AM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1

So Ninty would just leave the end of Wind Waker open like that?  I don't think so...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2004, 11:46:36 AM »
I think it is one of Nintendo's most clever plots. I mean when they said the next Zelda game would use the Wind Waker engine, we just all assumed that it would be Cel-Shaded, but boy were we wrong.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2004, 12:14:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill

Originally posted by: akdaman1

So Ninty would just leave the end of Wind Waker open like that?  I don't think so...

Well not all stories have to make sense y'know. I mean look at Resident Evil.

Also there are 2 trailers up of Zelda. Both show the same footage but have different soundtracks.

www.ign.com
www.gametrailers.com

Both are different.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline bostwick202

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2004, 12:26:20 PM »
hey guys just say the trailer

*tear rolls down cheeck*
its...just so beautiful
*starts crying uncuntrollably

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2004, 03:08:44 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!! no joke, this is the day nintendo gained back its coolness....(at least as far as i'm concerned)
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2004, 04:13:03 PM »
This trailer looks fantastic. I also loved the forest scenes. It looks like the start to majoras mask should have looked, riding through the lost woods. The shaft of light is what did it for me.

The lord of the rings similarities were endless though. How bout the 'Balrog' Link was fighting?  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2004, 05:26:49 PM »
Ocarina of Time has one sister. (Majora's Mask)

Ocarina of Time bore 2 children:  A world of Light, and younger days (Wind Waker); a world of Dark, and days to come (MEGAT0N).

See, we've got the "young" and "adult" perspectives introduced from Ocarina exclusively divided into separate titles; this just coincides with someone's previously mentioned "perspectives" theory.  ("mature" sounds dumb.  I'm sick of it.)

Days will be happy time when the Legend of Zelda: MEGAT0N hit stores, with a free autographed picture of Capt. Lou Albano.

~~~~~~

OOH and imagine what a girl like MALON would be like in this new game!?

GIVMe TEH RANCH girl!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2004, 06:08:11 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Second this trailer takes place entirely on LAND and it's look pretty wide open too!

I'm thinking you will be able to get Epona early in the game, b/c who will want to spent ages travelling across a huge wide open Hyrule Field on foot?

I'm really looking forward to battling the lizards on wild boars riding Epona.  Imagine a huge battle over Hyrule Field.

Originally posted by: Professional 666
OOH and imagine what a girl like MALON would be like in this new game!?

GIVMe TEH RANCH girl!

Malon was cute in OoT.  I hope she's in the new game with a even better poly count (20k poly model please!)!  OMG......I need to go the bathroom....

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2004, 06:43:13 PM »
Has anyone noticed in the last shot with Link that it looks similar to  Hyrule Castle from WW? I mean, Link seems to be standing on a bridge and there's a castle behind him. I'm speculating that this game is in fact WW2 and that Hyrule has been unflooded and now Link has to get rid of all the evil in it and do some other stuff.  

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2004, 07:34:29 PM »

After watching the movie a few times there's a few more things I noticed. First of all I love that shot in the forest. It has individual trees! I was really disappointed with how the forest turned out in the N64 games as they were really just green mazes. This forest looks exactly what I envisioned when I first thought of Zelda in 3D. Second this trailer takes place entirely on LAND and it's look pretty wide open too! My biggest complaint with Wind Waker was that the sailing was tedious and the overworld was too bland because of all the water. This looks like they're going to back to the LAND of Hyrule again.
i agree 100% and have been dreaming about something like this for too long... something about wandering alone in the woods when i was younger?
anyhoo, i've always pictured a battle in a real forest kind of like in ninja scroll... quiet, calm and beautiful and then all hell breaks loose...
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2004, 07:45:40 PM »
... and the sicko monsters and women and stuff?

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2004, 08:01:20 PM »
Nevermind, it seems this game definitely won't be a sequel to WW. Gamespot has a little interview with Aonuma about the game here.

Additionally, this game is the same game that Aonuma referred to as "The Wind Waker 2" back at the Game Developers Conference in March. The game won't be called The Wind Waker 2 when it's completed, and won't be a sequel to the last GameCube Zelda game.

Hmm, I have a feeling WW is going to be brushed off as happening in an alternate reality or timeline and this new game will pick up a few years after MM. If that's the case it's going to add to my feeling of being gypped with WW. It's starting to seem like they threw WW out there just to hold us over till the real deal came out.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2004, 08:58:02 PM »
WW's storyline was impossible to further if you want to get rid of the boat travelling (the boat wouldn't exist anymore, anyway).

As for Zelda, I have hopes. Perhaps she won't look like an old slut this time. Link looks more "cute" (less sharp facial features, for example, making him more girlish) than he does in OOT, as well, so maybe the same holds true for Zelda (though she looked exceptionally ugly in Wind Waker).

AiAi: 20k? Perhaps in The Legend of Zelda: Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2004, 09:07:21 PM »
Zelda was the most adorable lemon-headed thingie in WW.