Author Topic: Where is Giest?  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Nintendoholic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Where is Giest?
« on: May 09, 2004, 10:00:56 AM »
I haven't seen any news on Giest since the video at last years E3. Since then it has been nowhere to be seen.  Can any one tell me why this is?  I am very interested to see hoe this game turns out.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something."-Plato

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
RE: Where is Giest?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 10:02:40 AM »
You'll find out more this week.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:10:28 AM »
I'm interested as well...Retro made a smash out of it's first big project, and hopefully N-space can do the same with theirs...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Gamecubivore

• Grandma, Come Home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 12:50:40 PM »
IGN has been covering it a little and it's supposed to be shown at E3 as a playable demo I believe.

N-space is apparently also going to reveal a game titled "Hope". I'm intruiged.
Your heart felt good. It was dripping with pitch and made of wood.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
RE:Where is Giest?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 12:53:08 PM »

I'm interested as well...Retro made a smash out of it's first big project, and hopefully N-space can do the same with theirs...
Are you implying that Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16 wasn't a big project, Bill?

Note: Gamecubivore, you may want to slim down that avatar, it's supposed to only be 64x64.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 05:03:29 PM »
It was playable last year.. I expect it to be almost complete and ready for release this November
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 06:20:41 PM »
....or delayed due to Holiday season saturation.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 07:56:59 PM »
You know, my favorite FPS's ever, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, were both published by Nintendo and I'm really hoping that this game with be as good as either of those games. I think there is a definite possibility, with th ghost stuff so we will see.

Offline EatChildren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 08:57:45 PM »
The game revolves around a very interesting concept, but from those who played it last year at E3 said it was certainly not faultless. Controls felt sluggish, AI wasnt all that great, and other problems prevented it from really shining.

Hopefully when its shown in a few days it will be deeper into developer and really show off.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 09:11:41 PM »
Ill admit, their concept was very very interesting. The Whole FPS thing has been slightly stagnant. Its hard to be trully inovative when most eveyrhting has been done... Geist looked like it could inovate the FPS genre... i just hope it looks good... That was the biggest crististm of the previous build

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 09:35:40 PM »
It was early in development. Metroid Prime did not look that good in the first shots either.  

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 01:31:47 AM »
Geist does seem interesting, i hope it ends up being good.
And with Nintendo lending a hand it should be good.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 02:07:02 AM »
Why do some people write it Giest? It's Geist, doesn't make any sense the other way around.

One guy from Cube-Europe played the game during his visit at NoE, he apparently liked it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »
they write giest because the general rule is "i before e, except after c".  g isn't c, so people think it's giest.  an honest mistake.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 09:39:22 AM »
I think "Geist," sorta like "Einstein."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 10:25:19 AM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu
they write giest because the general rule is "i before e, except after c".  g isn't c, so people think it's giest.  an honest mistake.

In English, yes, but Geist is German...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »
hey, i didn't say it should be spelled 'giest'.  i just said most people on these forums is english and therefore apply english spelling rules to words.  plus, how many people knew geist was a german word (before bill said it)?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 10:54:12 AM »
Me.

Plus, if you knew how to spell "poltergeist" then "g-e-i-s-t" should've easily come to mind.

"Either"  "Neither"

"I before E, except after N or NOTHING" >>>> *_*

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 11:04:30 AM »
Oh everyone get over it.

I too cant wait for GEIST. But after reading a detailed preview I think it has some compettition from Free Radicals Second Sight. It seems bloddy Awsome.

They all seem Awsome and I cant wait for E3 to come.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
They showed a bit of this at the press conference today, but it seems to be getting shoved to the backburner by all the big-name franchises.  I hope Nintendo gives Geist a proper marketing push.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 11:02:11 AM »
I was looking at Nintendo's online press kit.  Geist looks nice.

Offline screamatorium

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 11:28:40 PM »
I didn't think geist looked all that great.  The graphics were dissapointing to say the least, and the gameplay was gimmicky.  Ghosting into crates and making them explode was kind of fun, but got old pretty fast.  The "out of body experience" animation got old really fast too since you have to sit through it evertime you leave your body.  The Ai didn't seem to spectacular, expecially when you leave your body and the soldiers just leave you alone.  They also don't seem to be all that concerned with their comrades being killed.  If you're going to get a shooter... you should probably pick up advanced wars or metroid.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 11:50:56 PM »
Rightfully so.  Cuz it's a "first-person adventure".

when "adventure" is involved, I'm gonna enjoy exploring and staring at all kinds of crap.  Shooting things is secondary to that.

And it's not like I'm choosing this OVER another game, like say Metroid Prime 2, cuz I'm getting Metroid Prime 2 ANYWAY.  Metroid "is not" a shooter.  It "has" shooting.

Shooting things gets old.  I'm about "the approach."

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2004, 02:39:48 AM »

Originally posted by: screamatorium
I didn't think geist looked all that great.  The graphics were dissapointing to say the least, and the gameplay was gimmicky.  Ghosting into crates and making them explode was kind of fun, but got old pretty fast.  The "out of body experience" animation got old really fast too since you have to sit through it evertime you leave your body.  The Ai didn't seem to spectacular, expecially when you leave your body and the soldiers just leave you alone.  They also don't seem to be all that concerned with their comrades being killed.  If you're going to get a shooter... you should probably pick up advanced wars or metroid.

Did you play it?

Im sure that the graphics will be updated. Im also quite sure that we will be able to skip all the animation. Also the AI will be fixed. The AI was still being worked. JUst look at Multi-player to know what I mean. All your problems with the game are very fixable. The point of a demo is that you get a feel for the game.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 12:39:07 PM »
The only thing that geist needs to have for me to be completly satisfied with the game is LAN (I would really like 16 player if your listening N-space)

BTW the complete grammar rule is:
I before E except after C,
Or sounded as A as in neighbor and weigh.
Just in case anyone cared.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon