Author Topic: Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons  (Read 37196 times)

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2004, 05:23:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Deguello
You could play Mad-Libs and come up with more reliable rumors than EGM.

Even though EGM is the bane of my existence, I would have to admit that their rumors have become marginally more accurate lately. Of course, it's mostly because they've started stealing rumors from other sites, or because some of these "rumors" are simply semi-confirmed pieces of news.

For example, in the latest issue they report in the rumors section that Nintendo's next console will be *gasp* backwards compatible. Then they have the huevos to say "You heard it here first". Funny, I thought I heard it MONTHS ago when Iwata said so himself! At least, he supposedly said it. Either way, it's old news. Morons.

Anyway if this is true, I'm completely confounded. Has ANY Sega game sold well on the Xbox? At the very best, it's a lateral move.

M rated games may be more popular on the Xbox, but not the kind SK makes. Not unless SK shifts towards gratuitous gore and run'n'gun gameplay. Also, SK may not be capable of creating the level of graphics that Xbox owners expect from a game. Personally, I thought Twin Snakes looked great, but virtually every Nintendo hater on any forum would say "LOL!!! yuo think msg twen snakes looks grate??? LOLOLOL!!1 maybe on LAMEcube it looks good cuz cube grafics suk but its nothing comprared to HALO 2! it dosent even have pixel bumped shading fur mapping voxel blast proccessing mode 7 LOLOLOLOLOL!! sk sucks at teh grafics!"

It's just that SK + Nintendo made sense. SK had a purpose. They would be THE company to go to for M rated games on the Cube. They stood out, or at least were starting to. SK + Xbox means they have no purpose. They'll just be M rated game maker #3234507. I don't think their games will stand out when next to GTA, Ninja Gaiden and Halo. I just don't see ANY casual gamers picking up something like Eternal Darkness that features a middle-aged fat man with a wig over games that have ninjas and big guns. Ever.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Rich

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2004, 08:55:13 PM »
Umm I don't remember backwards compatability ever being confirmed just rumored but other then that I agree with you 100%. Xbox owners aren't that bright they buy bad games like blinx and shadow ops mercury rising. I dont think SK on Xbox will change any of their sales numbers.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2004, 07:12:14 AM »
The thought of SK on Xbox really sticks in me crawl.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates