Author Topic: Fire Emblem. Is it doing well?  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Koopa Troopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem. Is it doing well?
« on: November 16, 2003, 04:40:42 PM »
Has there been any word of how well Fire Emblem is doing in the US? I really hope it does well. I'd like to maybe see some ports of the old NES/SNES games (especially for those of us outside Japan).  Plus I'm hoping there will be a Fire Emblem for GameCube, that would be so wicked...
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem. Is it doing well?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 04:54:06 PM »
We probably won't see a sales chart until the end of this month...But I wouldn't be too worried, considering the praise the game is getting...

Oh, and I heard a while back that a console version of Fire Emblem had been green-lighted...Let's hope it is true... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Fire Emblem. Is it doing well?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 05:31:06 PM »
I still haven't bought it yet myself, although it's on my to-do list.  I am hoping that with my new GB Player, I will revive some of my interest in the GBA.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 08:22:10 PM »

We probably won't see a sales chart until the end of this month...But I wouldn't be too worried, considering the praise the game is getting...

Yeah, I guess I was a little early It is just such a cool game, I got kind of antsy

Oh, and I heard a while back that a console version of Fire Emblem had been green-lighted...Let's hope it is true... ^_^

I really hope that is true. Hopefully I can survive the excitement-induced heart-attack if it does come to fruition.

I still haven't bought it yet myself, although it's on my to-do list. I am hoping that with my new GB Player, I will revive some of my interest in the GBA.  

I think it may do the trick I'm resisting the urge to play it right now. I really have to finish Golden Sun.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 10:25:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
I still haven't bought it yet myself, although it's on my to-do list.  I am hoping that with my new GB Player, I will revive some of my interest in the GBA.  

I know what you mean, Grey.  I love, love my GBA, but mine's been sitting for a couple months even though I'm in the middle of various games.  It's that darn lighting issue, often, but perhaps there's something else to it.  I need to break down and trade in mine and get an SP or go ahead and get a Player.  Can't wait for this game, though.  Of course it'll rock.

Side note: many people bash the Player, but don't most of us spend an AWFUL lot of time playing the GBA in our own homes?  It just makes sense.  It's great to have a portable for that 20% of the time you need it, but really, it seems like most people could put the Player to great use.

"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 12:15:21 PM »
I only play on my GBP, I use the GBA for linking purposes. My brothers use the GBA to play sometimes.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 04:26:14 PM »
I see people playing their GBAs all the time, but I'm not really interested in a portable system right now.

So, I'll probably be getting a GBP and this. . . among other stuffs.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 04:32:37 PM »
If you don't plan on playing your Gameboy anywhere besides your home, the GBP is actually probably a better choice, since it's cheaper and you can play it on your TV.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2003, 12:37:12 PM »
We wont find out Fire Emblem sales numbers until about halfway through December. Hopefully it does well.

And hopefully it's released in Australia

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »
The GBP is an insidious plot to get those of us who normally don't play handheld systems to spend even more money.

I bought my GBP the day it launched, in hopes of finally playing some decent RPGs (which I haven't done since the Dreamcast days). And it was good

But then I noticed that I can't use link up features on my GC, which was not good. And I coveted eReader cards.

Then Nintendo released the eReader bundle, allowing me to acquire a real GBA, with eReader and some cards, for slightly more than the eReader used to cost by itself. So, I'm able to go to the desert island on Animal Crossing, and eReader cards, and even multiplay (though this cost me $20 for two new types of cables).

But then I noticed, wow, the GBA is so dark. And seeing as I'm going to need multiple GBAs for mutliplayer Final Fantasy: CC, I should get an SP if I can get a decent price on it.

So, less than a year and a million dollars later, I'm going to have twenty gbas, 5 cubes, bbas, a huge hub, half a dozen TVs, and an extra mortgage.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 04:18:45 PM »
Well, I just read some really awesome stuff about the history of Fire Emblem, and it has been  a good while since I created this thread... So without further ado. Have any of you read anything about how well FE did here in the US? I never know where to look so I pretty much rely on you guys for my info =D

Thanks.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 04:28:28 PM »
It sold one copy last week in the upstate NY region.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 05:19:02 PM »
LoL =) I hope you enjoy it as much as I am

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 06:19:09 PM »
I don't know about November, but I found a December mentioning in another forum. Supposedly, in December, in North America, Fire Emblem sold 111,728 units.

For some scale:
GBA 1 MARIO & LUIGI SAGA Nintendo $12,668,060 426,594
GBA 2 MARIO BROS 3: MARIO 4 Nintendo $10,077,220 333,971
GBA 3 YU-GI-OH! SACRED CARD Konami $8,246,533 279,213
GBA 4 SPONGEBOB: BATTLE THQ $7,510,482 265,340
GBA 5 POKEMON RUBY Nintendo $7,192,087 227,652
GBA 6 DRAGONBALL Z:TAIKETSU Atari $6,341,983 222,496
GBA 7 POKEMON SAPPHIRE Nintendo $6,109,894 188,616
GBA 8 DISNEY'S FINDING NEMO THQ $5,750,815 189,194
GBA 9 DONKEY KONG COUNTRY Nintendo $4,842,792 160,838
GBA 10 SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 2 Nintendo $4,137,547 131,856

Fire Emblem wasn't in the top ten, but I saw it in an alphabetical listing. Other NOA-published GBA games December sales would be:

GBA ADVANCE WARS $21,587 1,266
GBA ADVANCE WARS 2: BLACK $969,835 31,720
GBA DISNEYS MAGICAL QUEST $102,039 4,951
GBA DONKEY KONG COUNTRY $4,842,792 160,838
GBA F-ZERO MAX VELOCITY $48,493 2,067
GBA FINAL FANTASY TACTICS $3,773,851 112,388
GBA FIRE EMBLEM $3,577,391 111,728
GBA GAME & WATCH GALLERY4 $302,532 10,223
GBA GOLDEN SUN $58,779 2,994
GBA GOLDEN SUN: LOST AGE $1,118,466 36,535
GBA HAMTARO: HEARTBREAK $572,931 21,964
GBA KIRBY: NIGHTMARE $2,622,901 84,219
GBA MARIO & LUIGI SAGA $12,668,060 426,594
GBA MARIO BROS 3: MARIO 4 $10,077,220 333,971
GBA MARIO KART: CIRCUIT $3,693,416 117,960
GBA METROID FUSION $985,581 32,103
GBA POKEMON PINBALL: R&S $3,830,876 126,773
GBA POKEMON RUBY $7,192,087 227,652
GBA POKEMON SAPPHIRE $6,109,894 188,616
GBA SUPER MARIO ADVANCE $1,702,711 56,337
GBA SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 2 $4,137,547 131,856
GBA SWORD OF MANA $3,307,833 108,714
GBA WARIO LAND 4 $49,996 2,590
GBA WARIOWARE INC: MEGA $900,570 29,668
GBA YOSHI'S ISLAND:MARIO3 $2,133,532 67,927
GBA ZELDA: LINK TO PAST $2,728,272 90,064

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (112,388), Fire Emblem (111,728), and Sword of Mana (108,714), all fall just a bit shy of ranking in the top ten GBA games in America (which doesn't seem like anything to sneeze at, if you ask me).
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 07:35:30 PM »
I wished Wario would have done better so Nintendo would keep coming out with more original stuff.

I ave a Game Boy Player and personally prefer playing on an SP . The Game Boy Player streches the game out and it looks bad.  

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 08:15:45 PM »
By the way, here's some extra info and wider comparison stuff.

FFTA came out on September 8. Fire Emblem was November 3. Sword of Mana was December 1.

Final Fantasy X-2 (which came out on November 18) sold 554,300 units (number 7 on the PS2 chart).

Need for Speed Underground sold 1,120,576 units, topping the PS2 chart.

The Grand Theft Auto Double Pack selling 402,201 units was the biggest game on the XBox.

EA's LotR: Return of the King, as well as a bunch of their sports games, dominated the rest of the PS2's lineup, along with Tony Hawk's Underground and Dragonball Z Budokai.

The Need for Speed Underground was also the #2 game on the XBox, with 308,989 units.

(XBox) Halo sold another 338,712 units.

(GCN) Mario Kart: Double Dash (November 17) sold 729,797 units.

(GCN) Smash Bros Melee sold 215,340 more units.

(GCN) Mario Sunshine sold 156,792 units.

(GCN) Metroid Prime sold 60,384 units.

(GCN) LoZ: The Wind Waker sold 89,744 units.

(GCN) StarFox Adventures sold 78,374 units.

(XBox) Grabbed by the Ghoulies sold 21,646 units.

Edit: Wait a minute. Halo sold more copies than NFSU, which was #2. It seems the games were ranked by "profit" not sales numbers.

Edit 2: Oh yeah and, Luigi's Mansion apparently sold 159,723 units. Beating Mario Sunshine...
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Blade2T33

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 12:43:02 AM »
Gameboy player isnt that bad playing game like Mario and luigi or Yoshies island are great on the GBP there are a few games that look crap like Mario Kart super circuit  

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 07:10:29 AM »
Thanks for all the numbers guys =) It seems like it is doing really well, especially considering it is not an established franchise here in the US. Here's to hoping the sales stay high!

Thanks again =)

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2004, 08:41:17 PM »
Heh It Ownz!!!! I have it, But I was thinking of it as a typical RPG
( more or less ) on the lines like Zelda or Final Fantasy, etc. but it's more stratergy.

But it's cool either way, I've played Orge Battle and FFT in the past. I'm loving it.

Are all the Fire Emblems like this?
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2004, 03:37:55 AM »
All of them play like this. The basic battle engine hasn't changed much but each game has brand new gameplay features that'll add tons of strategy to it. Don't expect to figure out the other games right away. for example one game give you battle skills and love effect where you pair up characters and play as their kids in the second half. Another game allows you to capture enemies and steal their weapons. Another game allows you to walk around like other RPGs. It's the same, yet very different.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004, 07:55:01 PM »
Sound's good, innovation is something that's needed.

But where does Fire Emblem for GBA fit in? By that I mean what number is it.

I recalled hearing someone say Eliwood was in Fire Emblem 7, is this true? and is the GBA the one and the same? ( remake perhaps? )

I've always wanted the FE ( Fire Emblem ) series to come stateside, now I'm happy, I hope I'll see a sequel and play as Marth and Roy and learn their story.

Intresting, Roy looks like Eliwood and Marth looks like Eliwood's friend ( can't think of his name ) but he wields the Axe. Perhaps their fathers of Marth and Roy or ancestors.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004, 09:33:07 PM »
Eliwood is Roy's father.  It is indeed FE7.  FE6 (also GBA) had Roy and perhaps Marth too, and I think they were also featured in one of the first games.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 03:45:11 AM »
Marth is the original hero from the very first Fire Emblem on the NES. If you have SSBM they tell you the story. Marth is from Akenea and Roy's from Elibe. They are from 2 different continents and have never met, unless you count SSBM. Marth was in Fire Emblem 1 and 3, Roy is in Fire Emblem 6. Fire Emblem 7 is the prequal to FE6.  

Oh yeah www.n-philes.com has a complete look at the history of Fire Emblem. You can find out more about the games there.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2004, 10:50:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
Eliwood is Roy's father.  It is indeed FE7.  FE6 (also GBA) had Roy and perhaps Marth too, and I think they were also featured in one of the first games.

Cool, Thanks Bloodworth. by the way, who's the guy in you Icon? ( do you like Anime? )