Author Topic: WWE ( THE ROCK )  (Read 2241 times)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
WWE ( THE ROCK )
« on: November 15, 2003, 06:38:19 PM »
O.K i used to love wrestling but for some reason my passion for it left about a year ago , BUT , I am back into the mood but have noticed that HHH and The Rock are gone..where are they?
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:WWE ( THE ROCK )
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 01:04:22 PM »
I never really liked wrestling, so I don't know.

But the Rock is trying very hard to make a movie career.  And failing.  But that's probably what it is.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 01:40:51 PM »
HHH is only on raw(and has gone into a lame gimmick that has ruined his entertainment value as of now)...therock is making movies
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
RE: WWE ( THE ROCK )
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 03:26:22 AM »
I think the ROCK is a pretty good actor. I met him about a year ago and he is one funny SOB.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 08:53:32 AM »
I havent seen HHH in the 2 episodes i watched and when is the rock ciming back?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 09:05:07 AM »
HHH is also off filming a movie though he is still semi-active on the Raw roster.  For example he just wrestled in the main event for last night's PPV.

By the way Perm what lame gimmick does HHH have right now?  Egotistical jerk seems to have been his character for the last few years.  I don't find him that entertaining anymore either but that's more due to how he's booked and the lower quality of his post-quad injury ring work.  The character he plays is not much different than before.

The Rock is essentially not coming back.  Not full time anyway.  He's managed to be reasonably successful as an actor (he's easily the most successful wrestler-turned-actor ever) and since it's obviously not as demanding on his health as wrestling is I think he'll stick with it.  He'll make a few appearances here or there but I don't think he'll ever wrestle full time again.  It's a shame because he's more entertaining than most of the roster and brings out the best in the those involved in his matches and backstage skits.  He's the only guy I can think of that I don't groan when he comes out to do a 20 minute interview.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 01:15:57 PM »
well right now hes doing the whole flair/blueblood thing again...you know what i mean. Before he was the torturous badass...now hes reverted back to what he was before he was a main eventer......He needs to grow a beardget back into shape and start beating peopel up with sledge hammers...and spit that water!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 06:46:11 PM »
WHAT, are you telling me HHH aint the badass he used to be? He was my second favourite cause he used to kill everyone with sledgehammers , DAMN , I hate what they did with Austin , When I  first started watching wrestling about 5 years ago he was a smart ass not this What ? bullshit...Angle is the onjly one who I think has improved.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 08:28:22 PM »
when they bastardizsed the hardcore belt, i started losing interest, the hardcore matches were allways my favorite (HEAD!) that and the storylines and such steadily got worse, i'm getting pay tv back soon (thats what the wrestleing is on here) and i doubt i'll even watch to see what is going on :\

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 06:41:16 AM »
"when they bastardizsed the hardcore belt, i started losing interest,"

The hardcore belt was ever not a joke championship?

Actually I used to like the early hardcore matches too.  They became boring and predictable once that 24:7 rule came into effect.  I recently downloaded a Road Dogg vs Al Snow hardcore match from early '99 and it rocks.  Those guys know how to brawl and this was back when going through a table was a big deal.

For me I started losing interest in the WWF when they did the "who ran over Austin?" storyline and the driver turned out to be Rikishi which didn't really make any sense at all since Rikishi had only just rejoined the roster at the time.  His motive made
no sense and Rikishi sucked at playing a bad guy.  They tried to save the angle by revealing that HHH had hired Rikishi to hit Austin (which did make sense though at the time I was tired of HHH being in every major storyline) only to have Austin drop HHH in a car from a forklift which realistically would have killed him.  I can usually suspend my belief pretty good but having someone commit attempted murder live on PPV without any repercussions was just too ridiculous.  Then, because I guess the angle wasn't stupid enough yet, they had HHH return a mere two weeks later in perfect health.

That was the first time in a LONG time that the WWF had completely let me down on a main event storyline and the writing has been inconsistant ever since.  The REALLY bad stuff like the Austin heel turn, the Invasion (how the hell did they f*ck that up?), and the nWo was to follow.

However from what I saw of Raw last night it was a pretty good show.  I think the writing has improved lately for Raw but because of the split they don't have enough of my favourite wrestlers to keep my interest.  Smackdown on the other hand has gone the opposite direction going from can't miss TV to must miss TV.  It's become the Vince McMahon show.