Author Topic: Signature Limits?  (Read 2912 times)

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« on: July 17, 2003, 09:08:09 PM »
I have a proposal.  Limit signatures to a few lines.  like 2 or 3 should be sufficient.  maybe it doesn't bug anyone else, but long sigs just seem to clutter up a thread.  especially when one person with a particularily long sig makes lots of posts on the same thread.  just a thought.

Offline enigma487

• View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 09:18:12 PM »
see....
they get long in a hurry...

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: Signature Limits?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 10:22:39 PM »
Huh? A sig line limit is not in place already? Well, I've always been a supporter of limited sigs and thus people's "right to express themselves" or somesuch nonsense like that by limiting sigs to 5 or so lines and banning sig pics muahahahah....

Serious, big sigs aren't really a problem, but yeah sigs that have 10 lines with one word on each are seriously annoying.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 06:02:58 AM »
Personally, I have a thread around here requesting that the signature's character limit be increased.  Yes, overly long sigs are a bother, but somehow I don't think that this forum keeps track of how many lines a sig is.  It's done based on the number of characters.  I could easily make my sig with 249 new lines, and then one character just to screw up the forums, but I don't do that.

I still want to have the character limit increased so that I can add more hyperlinks to my sig.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline enigma487

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 10:19:20 AM »
so, does that mean there is a limit?  of 250 characters?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 11:18:11 AM »
yes indeed, 250 characters is the max.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 01:07:23 PM »
I think I'm breaking that rule.

It looks like my sig's about 420 to 430 characters.

I guess I should change it...

Oh yeah and, I don't think PGC could limit the amount of lines your sig uses, because my sig just barely fits inside three lines on my computer, but if your screen's smaller it probably takes up six or seven lines.

On Rick's computer, I bet it only uses one line.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 01:56:31 AM »
Well it uses 3 lines minimum because you pressed enter

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 08:14:26 AM »
ruby_onix, if you had too many characters in your sig, you would get a message when you update your profile.  I don't know if you changed yours already, but you can probably change it back if you wanted too.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 12:19:56 PM »
Hmm, any way I counted it, I seem to have had over 400 characters (when I had the opening theme to Lunar SSSC as my sig).

Of course, now it looks to me like KnowsNothing has a sig that's almost 450 characters. Perhaps PGC increased the limit a while ago and forgot to tell us? Or I just can't count.

Ah well. I made a new sig anyways.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
Signature Limits?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 02:24:04 PM »
That is kinda weird.  I once was informed I had too many characters in my sig, and I believe that I had alot less then than I do now.  Oh well, is my sig an eyesore?  It kind of is when the message I write is alot shorter than it, like right now.  Oh well, once I find something to say, I'll say it.

EDIT: changed my sig.