Author Topic: Google Hum is here. Hum music into your phone to find that song in your head.  (Read 33029 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Finally, this is what we wanted Shazam to be, but humming the song didnt work on that.

We've been wanting this for years.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/google-has-a-new-humming-feature-for-your-phone-heres-how-it-works/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:47:29 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
How about whistling?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
got a cell phone? Try it out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
The answer is yes. I whistled 99 red balloons and it came up.

I just tried "Creep" and it didn't work, but The Hollies "The Air that I Breath" did.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:13:25 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Thanks for testing that.  I downloaded the new Google Search App.  I didn't know at first it was in the Google Search App and thought it was a new product called Google Hum and was frustrated I couldn't find it.  Ha.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I tried this out but it didn't seem to pick up most of what I tested with.  Maybe I suck at humming the tunes?  I tend to use dee's, should I replace them with doo's?  Day Tripper was one song I could get to consistently work, since it has a very distinct riff.

I tried a song that I remember hearing on the radio in high school once that I have never been able to find and it has been so long I probably am singing the one line I think I remember completely wrong.  It couldn't figure it out except one time it suggested "Carry On".  The problem is it only mentions the song name, not the artist.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I tend to use dee's, should I replace them with doo's?
"That's the same thing. You just replaced dee's with doo's.

D'OH!!

Going through different songs named "Carry On" I found one by Spacehog which is not the song I was looking for but sounds similar enough that I'm sure that's what Google was suggesting.  Fortunately the song is great and I'm glad to have found it!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
I tend to use dee's, should I replace them with doo's?
"That's the same thing. You just replaced dee's with doo's.

D'OH!!

Going through different songs named "Carry On" I found one by Spacehog which is not the song I was looking for but sounds similar enough that I'm sure that's what Google was suggesting.  Fortunately the song is great and I'm glad to have found it!

That's the real winner. Finding songs you didn't know you liked. I tried the most mysterious song in the world and no results. Anyone recognize?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGf4liO-KQ

Whatch youtuber Whang! for more details.